Rainbows End Fulltimers insurance

MrsSquid

3 minutes ago, SWharton said:

This is a topic discussed often. You will probably find it easier to go through a broker vs. calling around yourself. Two that come to mind are:

FCIS 800-331-1520

Miller 800-622-6347

Both represent numerous insurers and understand the full-timing lifestyle. They can also help you with Umbrella Insurance.

Thank you. My search attempt didn't yield the results I was expecting. 

Not sure why National General would be left out of the above list.  We have had them for several years (through Good Sams). Last year they paid 100% for a windshield replacement (Florida policy) which cost them $3,700.  We just got our renewal for this next year and they raised us $4.00.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

3 minutes ago, FL-JOE said:

Not sure why National General would be left out of the above list.  We have had them for several years (through Good Sams). Last year they paid 100% for a windshield replacement (Florida policy) which cost them $3,700.  We just got our renewal for this next year and they raised us $4.00.  

National General is an insurance company, while the list is of insurance brokers.  Brokers deal with multiple insurance companies, including National General.  In your case Good Sam was acting as the broker.  We have been with the same broker, RV Advantage/FCIS for many years, but our insurance company has changed a couple times, most notably when Progressive made some changes to their policies that raised our rates and reduced our coverage many years ago.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I use the Escapees SD address. In the past I went thru Miller who placed me with Allied a division of Nationwide. Last year they almost doubled their rate. I switched to Geico and saved a lot of $$$. Make sure you get a fulltimers policy, it’s like having a homeowners policy.  I have $300,000 liability, even while parked and personal contents coverage. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

17 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I use the Escapees SD address. In the past I went thru Miller who placed me with Allied a division of Nationwide. Last year they almost doubled their rate. I switched to Geico and saved a lot of $$$. Make sure you get a fulltimers policy, it’s like having a homeowners policy.  I have $300,000 liability, even while parked and personal contents coverage. 

Yes, we were looking at fulltimers policies and adding a personal umbrella.  Thank you.

10 hours ago, rynosback said:

I would call Progressive also. They might be quoted with the brokers. 

We currently have Progressive through USAA. We were surprised when we asked about the cost for a fulltimers policy for Rainbows End. We knew it would be more, but were a bit surprised at just how much more the TX address and fulltimers insurance was.

We have called FCIS. They quoted 4 different insurances, including Progressive, and forwarded us the National General quote for consideration. That quote, with higher coverages, is around 38% less than the Progressive quote we received on our own. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

13 minutes ago, MrsSquid said:

We were surprised when we asked about the cost for a fulltimers policy for Rainbows End. We knew it would be more, but were a bit surprised at just how much more the TX address and fulltimers insurance was.

The biggest part of that is going to fulltimer's as it covers a lot more than a standard RV policy and it covers you living in the RV all of the time, which standard policies do not. It is basically making your RV policy a home owner's policy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The biggest part of that is going to fulltimer's as it covers a lot more than a standard RV policy and it covers you living in the RV all of the time, which standard policies do not. It is basically making your RV policy a home owner's policy.

And you don't know how many times I've had to remind myself of that the last couple of days. : )