Coachnet

Wrknrvr

I want to help with the understanding of a problem I have encountered with there product procedure.

Twice in three weeks I was called for a repair on two different recreational vehicles.

The first one I was asked about the travel time for being at the Rv. I was not aware of having to be there at a certain time. Customer sure thought I was to be there on time. Or did not understand it was important. This was not a problem on the road. I was 41 miles from the Rv. And do work as needed on my route for the day.

When at the job customer stated about being an hour late. ?   So looked at the problems. Not problem. Not one problem for travel. But Customer thought I should be there on time. I did not say I would be there at a certain time. 

Now there was a call to Coachnet and got approval for service call after at the job. Now I was not told about extended warranty before being at the job. I also did not understand that Coachnet was providing extended warranties.

I use to do Coachnet roadside service but was so busy with work that emergency work was hard to do so have not done any for a number of years.

So on the next job that I was called on it was three hours from the time the customer called till I was at his Rv. He was rather pissed it took so long.

Now he did state it was a slide problem. So it did not come out along the road. He was sitting in a campground for several days. So once I arrived at his site and was discussing his problem he stated it was an extended warranty with Coachnet.     .??

What is confusing to me is that the Coachnet extended warranty customer think that I should be at there job now, on time. I do not do emergency roadside assistance for Coachnet as I am so busy with normal work. Emergency work is very hard to do when I cover about 100 miles of territory.

So what I am trying to say is if you have Coachnet extended warranty, please explain to the mobile Rv tech that you have the extended warranty and Coachnet roadside assistance. Before you go any farther on said subject. 

Extended warranty is one thing       Roadside assistance is another.         Roadside assistance does not mean you get preference for work for the day.

To me the customers were thinking since they have roadside assistance that they get there work done now. Even if it has nothing' to do with travel.

Both of these were instances of new RVers purchasing used units and extended warranties.

So I will no longer do any Coachnet extended warranty work.

Retirement is close,.   Vern

Coach-net does offerr what would seem to be an extended warranty type of contract called RV Protect. I have no experience with their warranty but did have a very good experience with the road service offered by them when our class A had to be towed. Because of their rising prices, we now have our road service through Escapees. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When a customer complains in the future I would explain to them that you are not there for roadside assistance but are a mobil repair contractor and that you must finish the job you are working on and possibly have other jobs and appointments already waiting before you can attend to them. Also tell them that roadside assistance is not to make repairs on the side of the road or in a campground but is to tow the vehicle to a location where it can later be repaired and that you are not roadside assistance but a mobile repair technician. Tell them that if they have a complaint they should call Couch Net. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

"Roadside assistance does NOT mean you get preference for work of the day".

VERY true for all ERS plans - some folks just don't "get it".

Too bad folks can't get on the Tow Operators forum/s without  a representative business connection!

Very enlightening to read comments by the Tow Operators (who contract with various -or all- "Motor Clubs").

Which Motor Clubs pay invoices promptly,  which ones are slow - - and  *VERY*  slow.......might make a difference as to which one you choose.  BTW - almost all Tow Operators  have  contracts which -usually- have "priority" over Motor Clubs.

Folks should remember:  *IF* you expect instant response, payment by paper with pics of Dead Presidents and/or a CC usually will speed up arrival time!  The Tow Operator doesn't have to haggle with the/ Motor Club for reimbursement. (Check with your Ins Company to see if you have coverage for same).