DirecTV account "action required "

PAylor

Hi all,

My hubby and I have a sticks and bricks but are on the road at least 6 months of the year. We have been DirecTV customers for 20+ years.  When we travel we take our DVR boxes from the house and transfer them to the rv.  

I just got an email from them saying that they needed us to provide them with vehicle registration.  I plan on calling them but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this request. 

I think they will want us to establish a second account for the rv.  I think we give them enough money as it is.

Thanks in advance.   I'm going to post this on another forum as well.

never heard of that.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

DirecTV is now owned by ATT and they haven't got a handle on the business. My Dear Better Half has spent more the FIVE hours on the phone with them over the past week just to handle a billing issue. We hope that it is now fixed? I have five ATT accounts, two DirecTV, one cell, one landline and one internet. Got a new fiver and tried to switch DirecTV service from the old fiver to the new and told them the receiver numbers and that we now have three receivers. They charged me $871! After she spoke to two different ATT staff in the Philippines, two staff in Mexico and finely two in the US and they stilled screw it up. They try to not let you speak to a supervisor, can be hard to understand and they don't have authority to do much. They refunded the full $871 after another 1 and 1/2 hours on the phone.

4 hours ago, PAylor said:

I just got an email from them saying that they needed us to provide them with vehicle registration.  I plan on calling them but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this request. 

Those emails went to folks who have Mobile DNS service for their network channels. By law mobile DNS is limited to mobile customers and should not be used in a fixed installation. DTV should have been updating the authorizations for mobile DNS on a regular basis, but never did. So ATT is just catching up on what should have been done every few years to verify you're still entitled to mobile DNS. If you want to keep mobile DNS for the RV then fill in the forms. If you tell ATT/DTV that you also use DTV in a fixed house, then you need 2 accounts or you need to drop the mobile DNS, or be comfortable with committing perjury when you sign the forms.  But if all you're doing is taking a receiver along in your RV and don't have mobile DNS, then you can ignore the forms. Mobile DNS means you get your network chans fed from LA or NY (or both for some who were grandfathered) regardless of your location, instead of the spot fed local network chans that change every time you move 100 miles or so.

Jim

EDIT....Misread the post

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

20 hours ago, JRP said:

DTV should have been updating the authorizations for mobile DNS on a regular basis, but never did.

Anyone who follows these forums closely can't have failed to notice that there appear to be quite a few people who have both DNS and home receivers on the same account.    

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived