I thought this might be handy

Vegas Teacher

O.K. we all remember Algebra, High School Chemistry and Physics and we remember the teachers we had teaching us this formula C1V1 = C2V

then we practiced and have used it out entire lives for figuring out how to make out mixes and out ratios for 2 cycle / gas mixes. We all did the homework problems and took tests using this formula and know it backwards and forwards. Today playing on the computer I found this handy litle website to make it easy:

http://www.blueheronwings.com/bh/comps/FuelMix.php

There is  both a chart and a place where you type in an exact amount of gas and it spits out the amount of oil needed in both English and Metric units. 

I figure there are still a few of us using 2 cycle weed eaters and blowers out there who might like having this tool. I found a free app for my cell phone too.

Later,

Cory O

1 minute ago, Vegas Teacher said:

O.K. we all remember Algebra, High School Chemistry and Physics and we remember the teachers we had teaching us this formula C1V1 = C2V

then we practiced and have used it out entire lives for figuring out how to make out mixes and out ratios for 2 cycle / gas mixes. We all did the homework problems and took tests using this formula and know it backwards and forwards. Today playing on the computer I found this handy litle website to make it easy:

http://www.blueheronwings.com/bh/comps/FuelMix.php

There is  both a chart and a place where you type in an exact amount of gas and it spits out the amount of oil needed in both English and Metric units. 

I figure there are still a few of us using 2 cycle weed eaters and blowers out there who might like having this tool. I found a free app for my cell phone too.

Later,

Cory O

I forgot you can also type in the ratio you want. Sorry lots of kids in the room.

Awesome!  Wish I had had that 40 years ago!

Engine 1- 1964 Evinrude 50:1

Seagull (British) 1975 Vintage- 10:1

Eska 7.5   - 24:1

Johnson 9.9   -  50:1

Honda 15      NONE---   4 Stroke!   

Edited by Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins