Time to signup for Medicare,,,,,, maybe

Wrknrvr

51 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

Most advantage plans work as you state but there are a few that allow full coverage at any place plan F is accepted.  We have such a plan, it is provided by my wife's former employer at no cost to us.  There is a small copayment to see a doc ($5) and everything else is 100% covered.  These special advantage plans may not be available on the open market.

To my knowledge there is no such plan available in SD which is the only state I have researched.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Various supplement plans, such as Plan F, are insurance covering medicare deductibles and co-pays. My doctors like F as it pays every thing I would be responsible and they don't have to bill me direct. AARP has a selection at various price points if any wish to compare. After this past year and looking forward, I am very happy I have my Plan f with medicare.

One of the things to be aware of is annual physicals. Medicare offers an annual wellness visit but it is very restricted as to what your doctor can do. My doctor warned me that if I had issues I wanted to discuss I would need to schedule a physical not a wellness visit.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

My doctor warned me that if I had issues I wanted to discuss I would need to schedule a physical not a wellness visit.

I've yet to see my physician bother to claim a wellness visit for me.  With Plan F there's no copay for any visit so why bother trying to fit one into a specific format of allowed actions?

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

6 hours ago, docj said:

I've yet to see my physician bother to claim a wellness visit for me.  With Plan F there's no copay for any visit so why bother trying to fit one into a specific format of allowed actions?

We don't have plan F.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

We don't have plan F.

We don't have plan R either but do have plan G which is just like F except that the premiums are lower and you have to pay the Medicare deductible of $185 per person. In our case, the premiums were lower by about $20/month each, so it saves some money. You can compare what each type of supplemental coverage plan pays for on the chart at Medicare.gov but only new enrollees may join now that open enrollment period is over. Can I switch my Medigap policy?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived