Escapade 2019 Photo Contest

Kirk W

Escapade attendees are encouraged to get involved in the fun and festivities in a variety of ways. Each year, members and staff come together to celebrate the unique talents of RVers. Beginning in 2018, in addition to our Escapade’s Got Talent performances, we invited attendees to take part in a photography contest. Join us this year as we share in “Celebrating the Southwest.” New for 2019 are our YOUTH categories! Keep reading to learn more about this year’s contests.

136849_MThomas_HawksbillCrag-1024x819.jp

Start rummaging through your photographs and find your very best images that portray the beautiful and unusual desert southwest of the good old U.S. of A.   If you are one of the many snowbirds here, grab that camera and get outdoors to capture a wonderful sunset casting its golden glow on your RV, or an early morning view of the majestic Saguaro cacti, or maybe even the excitement and motion of a western rodeo.  The possibilities are limitless!!

Contest Categories & Rules

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 minutes ago, LindaH said:

While the contest is for pictures of the desert Southwest, the picture which accompanies the information is definitely not the Southwest! 

But it is a prize winning photo from the 2018 photo contest.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

8 hours ago, Kirk W said:

But it is a prize winning photo from the 2018 photo contest.

Perhaps so, but you'd think for a photo contest of desert Southwest pictures, they could have used an actual picture from the Southwest!  It's no big deal, I just thought the choice of picture strange for this contest.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

19 hours ago, Twotoes said:

It is the southwest. It’s a picture of Flagstaff AZ. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, lol lol lol

Nope.  I believe this is in Arkansas.  It's a pretty famous picture that I've seen many times.  Maybe not *this* picture, but ones taken from the same vantage point...some with people standing at the very end of the overhang.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

It doesn't matter where that is from, it's a heck of a nice picture!

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

Nope.  I believe this is in Arkansas.  It's a pretty famous picture that I've seen many times.  Maybe not *this* picture, but ones taken from the same vantage point...some with people standing at the very end of the overhang.

I was joking. I know it’s not the Southwest. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 4 weeks later...

The photo was taken in Arkansas and was the People's Choice winner from the Sedalia contest. This original post is formatted to a link with photo contest information and rules, and we're still featuring the winners of last year's great contest on the website. It's not meant to be an example of the Southwest. More to show the amazing talent of our Escapee members that shows itself through photography.

Archived