Windshield leaking

Recently my windshield sprung a leak. I’ve checked lights above and they are not the culprit. Windshield outer gasket is loose. Thoughts on a fix?

2006 GeorgieBoy class A mh 

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

I would have the windshield removed and reseated. Most other repairs will very likely be less effective. I never had that problem in our 14 years of Georgie Boy ownership, but I did once have an automobile with the problem and resetting the windshield was the only effective solution that I ever found. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks guys. The first companies I contacted said they’d do the r and r but needed to have a replacement windshield on hand in case they broke the original while removing it. That’s understandable but they wanted me to buy it. Which  I also agree with but that’s pretty expensive. My local CW said to bring it on in for a quote, but CW doesn’t have a lot of good reviews here. So I called my local General RV and they referred me to a local auto body/glass company. I called them and they assured me that if the glass wasn’t broken, they could remove it and reinstall and fix my leaks, so no ordering of a replacement. But they can’t get me in till mid July. I felt very comfortable with this company and they asked if I could bring in my mh before the service date so they could look at it and order gaskets or whatever they might need. I’m very happy with these guys and I can keep a tarp over the windsheild till my appointment. I feel I’m in good honest hands, thanks General RV. (I’ll let you know the glass company name once I have a leak free front glass)

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

I tried several home repairs (gooey sticky messy unsightly lol) over the years which have "sealed" and sure in an emergency you can do whatever is necessary, but you can't beat a quality professional remove reseal and reinstall in my opinion.

John T    

6 hours ago, etrippe1 said:

I feel I’m in good honest hands, thanks General RV. (I’ll let you know the glass company name once I have a leak free front glass)

Please do share your experience once the problem is resolved! 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived