St Jude dream homes

bigjim

I thought about this because of RV  but it could easily be interesting for many others.   I knew about the Dream Home raffle in Memphis area for a long time but I just found out they do it in other states.  In RV's case they show one in Denver and one in Colorado Springs area. I looked hoping to find one in a location I would be interested in. Not asking anyone to do this but if you are inclined it seems like a good way to donate.  Tickets are $100 each.

I hope I am not violating some rule by posting this but I found it interesting and they are getting at least some of my money anyway.  I may not be eligible since my youngest daughter is  a nurse there and I know her and her husband can't participate.

St Jude is GREAT place. Saved my son-in-law from brain cancer twice. Cancer free now for 9 years. He never paid a dime including transportation to and from Memphis.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

No question that is one of my favorite charites. I try to remember some others too. Another is the shriners hopitals.  Too much need in too many places.  I thought about volunteering at St. Jude when I spend some time up here but I found out I'm not tough enough to maintain control of my emotions until after you are away from the kids.  My daughther doesn't say much usually at least to most people but sometimes she comes home and will talk a little about a particular case. She did that this last week and it still bothers me.  Her mom in law is a nurse and she can talk to her. The folks there support each other pretty well I will say so they can support the kids and families.

Jim,

I buy the tickets every year, sometimes two of them. They have one here in the Shreveport/Bossier City Louisiana area. I have no one in my families that have benefited from them, but I hear testimonials all the time.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

When I looked it up I saw the ones in Louisiana too but you going to Colorado is what brought you to mind. I doubt I would ever win but it can make it nicer hoping while you donate.  When I was here (Memphis area) a couple of years ago I went look at the one year and it was really nice and a great location but it scared me thinking if I won it I couldn't afford the taxes so I  just went back to my regular donation. I have since found out property taxes are much more reasonble than some other places I have lived. Of course that would be income of sorts so you would have Fed. income tax but Tn has no state income tax.

Archived