Changing the color of gauge lighting in the dash

mr. cob

39 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

I'm on day 8 of this stuff. I can breath better today. But sure wish someone had gotten the tag number off that Mack truck that hit me. My whole body hurts, Have coughed so much is most of it. My wife had it first, she got back to work Monday. Worked 5 hours came home and went to bed. Yesterday she made it 6 hours same thing. If she could have gotten away with it. I feel she would have been off a few more days.

Man I pray its over soon. Way to much to get done to the truck. And not enough time to do it. Camping time is coming up fast.

PM me a address and will mail you a couple of the bulbs. And let you see if they work in your truck. Some they can be dimmed down. Others they will not dim at all.

Howdy Pete,

Here's wishing you and your wife get well soon.

Thanks for the offer to send me a couple of bulbs, they won't work in my application the base where it plugs into the socket is different then on the 194 bulbs that fit in my truck.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pete,

Here's wishing you and your wife get well soon.

Thanks for the offer to send me a couple of bulbs, they won't work in my application the base where it plugs into the socket is different then on the 194 bulbs that fit in my truck.

Dave

Heres some T's, I ordered a big pack of them. Only needed 4, but figured they may come in handy later on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-1-4-6mm-Tee-Union-Pneumatic-Connector-Air-Line-Quick-Fittings-Joint/302019765556?epid=850424192&hash=item4651c7e534:g:C3kAAOSwtnpXkB~p

Thinking I have a few left. Used one to plumb in the air blower off the seat airline.

event.png

The engine won't shut off when the trailer is hooked up when wiring it that way.  We'll have to do an AUX line vasectomy in the dash so it doesn't do that.

Holy Chinese KV2 fitting knockoff Pete!  I haven't seen those before and just ordered a bag of them for myself to check em out.  I'd be pretty careful using those.  Put em somewhere non-safety system and easy to get to.  Actually start off with them in the shop to see how they do.

6 hours ago, Scrap said:

The engine won't shut off when the trailer is hooked up when wiring it that way.  We'll have to do an AUX line vasectomy in the dash so it doesn't do that.

Holy Chinese KV2 fitting knockoff Pete!  I haven't seen those before and just ordered a bag of them for myself to check em out.  I'd be pretty careful using those.  Put em somewhere non-safety system and easy to get to.  Actually start off with them in the shop to see how they do.

Only used to start out with on Air blower. Hooked into the line for the Drivers seat. That and used 5 hooking up an air cylinder in the shop. That Cylinder has been through a few Thousand cycles. And still no issues. Also the ones that came with my Trailer Saver Hitch. Same markings on both.

event.png

Howdy All,

I received the red and the purple dash bulbs, I installed the red bulbs in one gauge panel and the purple ones in the other so I could see the difference when they were lit.

Here's the red bulbs.

IMG_2725-L.jpg

Here's the purple bulbs.

IMG_2726-L.jpg

In the second photo with the purple bulbs, you can see that the clock on the far left is still lit up with a white bulb, it took a different type of bulb and I didn't want to take the gauge out of the panel to find out what it was or how to install it.

I kind of like the purple, it shows the gauges well but doesn't have the glare that the white bulbs do, the red would also work but it seems to kinda blur the gauges, could just be my old eyes.  I think I'll leave the different bulbs in for a while and see which color I like when driving the truck at night.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

Those look good Dave. I like the purple ones. You have tempted me to change mine out my Kenworth. I finally replaced all my instrument lights and now it is almost glaring at night. Purple led might just be the answer. Thx for sharing the photos. 

Howdy tyates007,

Your welcome, that's what my threads are all about, learning new stuff and sharing the knowledge.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived