Extensive RV Maintenance Hints & Tips

Al F

Wheelingit.us recently posted an extensive posting on RV Service and maintenance, based on their experiences over the last 8 years of full time travel.  There seems to be great info for newbies and experienced RV'ers.

https://wheelingit.us/2017/12/01/tlc-for-the-beast-5-tips-on-handling-rv-maintenance-repairs-downtime-more/

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

They also get some $$ if you use their links to buy anything from Amazon. :(

We typically put aside ~$2000/year for our RV & car repair/maintenance and we keep an “emergency fund” of $5000 for anything unexpected that might come up.

WOW!!! I have been Full time for 18 years and do all my maintenance myself.

Maintenance on Chassis $4,254.33
Tires $5,915.39
All repairs & replace parts & labor on chassis $6,113.33

My Average is $904.61 a year so I have saved a average of $1,095 a year from their $2,000 doing most of my own labor.
That buys a lot of Fuel every year for me. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

1 hour ago, Biker56 said:

They also get some $$ if you use their links to buy anything from Amazon. :(

So do a lot of other RV'vers/Vloggers that have set up Amazon afiliation links. It doesn't cost you anything more, but they get a little percentage of what you buy from Amazon. I've got several affiliation links saved for my favorite YouTube Vloggers I like to watch and anytime I'm buying something on Amazon, I use one of the links to help someone out. That's not a bad thing. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

On 12/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, BlueLghtning said:

It doesn't cost you anything more, but they get a little percentage of what you buy from Amazon. I've got several affiliation links saved for my favorite YouTube Vloggers I like to watch and anytime I'm buying something on Amazon, I use one of the links to help someone out.

I keep my Amazon account set up to support the Boy Scouts of America. As to advertising on personal websites, to me doing so tells all visitors that the owner puts income ahead of personal ethics when he endorses any product. While that isn't wrong, it makes his site no better or worse than any commercial website that advertises products. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Mike and Claudia said:

Good article!  Where do you normally buy your filters "on line".

I was astounded what they cost me this year.  I had been buying them from an acquaintance that has a filter store, but I really think he got to me this year!

Go to E-Bay and punch in your part#. I get my Duramax filters in 1/2 doz quanities for about 1/2 the cost of auto part stores. You can research your vehicles OEM filter supplier such as WIX and also buy that brand.

Go to smile.amazon.com and you can choose to support any non-profit organization.  I chose Escapees CARE.

Then when you want to buy something, go to smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com.  It works just like the regular site except Amazon donates 0.5% of your purchase price to the charity.

You have to use smile.amazon.com for your charity to get the donation, they don't if you order from the regular Amazon website or follow a blogger's link..

As of November 2017 all charities have received just shy of $70 million from this program.  Unless I slipped a decimal point, that represents $14 trillion in Amazon sales.

Archived