Scared; Retiring from Military; Where to File Taxes, get Drivers License

Gina3

19 hours ago, rpsinc said:

They feel safer there with the connection to the base and its benefits and the cost to stay is much lower than private RV parks.

In my experience, sometimes a Passport America park is better priced than a mil camp in the same area.  Not to mention availability of space.  

5 hours ago, Gina3 said:

I have checked into life insurance and wondered if my rates were a good price.  I checked with USAA and now have to check with AIG as I heard they are good. State Farm was a bit expensive but they are good.

I am thinking that you meant to say RV insurance? If so it is important to let the agent know that you plan to live in the RV as your only home as many underwriters do not insure fulltimers and have limits on the amount of time that an RV can be used. In addition, fulltime RV insurance has coverages that are not found on standard RV insurance. I strongly suggest that you contact at least two of these agencies which specialize in RV insurance. 

Miller Insurance          RV Advantage         AIS Insurance        Foremost Insurance        Explorer Insurance

Just contact any of these companies and explain to the agent what you are planning to do and they can help you get the proper coverages for your RV life! 

It is great to see that you are moving forward with your plans. In the areas of things related to family issues, let me also suggest that you spend at least some time reading with Families on the Road as this is a family who are doing the sort of life that you are hoping to do. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hi All!  Oh my gooness, thank you so so much!  I am moving out of my apartment and into my trailer while working full time this month but I am so thankful to y'all.  These websites are so informative and helpful!  I will have to research them more later but WOW!  You guys are AWESOME!!!  Thank you so much!!!!

Gina

4 hours ago, Gina3 said:

Hi All!  Oh my gooness, thank you so so much!  I am moving out of my apartment and into my trailer while working full time this month but I am so thankful to y'all.  These websites are so informative and helpful!  I will have to research them more later but WOW!  You guys are AWESOME!!!  Thank you so much!!!!

Gina

That's what we are here for. And happy to be so.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

11 hours ago, Gina3 said:

Oh my gooness, thank you so so much! 

Helping others is what the Escapee operation is all about and it is very gratifying to all of us when we see people heeding the advice and making progress in a positive direction. Most of us have experienced some difficulties along our way too and someone helped us so we now repay those folks by passing the assistance along. Do keep us informed on your progress and by all means, start new threads with new issues at any time and as often as you need. Sometimes just sharing your fears will help to deal with them and knowing that others care can be a big help. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hi All,

I'm sorry, I have so much to do.  I want to look at everything here...have to move, have bugs and spiders in the trailer and don't want to live in it until I get them out.  Thinking of calling a pest company which is expensive but they have natural things to help get them out or I guess it's called environment friendly products.  I'm still going to work but have heard Dec or Jan is when I will be retiring.  I'm trying to move by myself so as not to bug anyone and I hate asking for help.  If I do, I feel I should always pay which is fair but also trying to save for retirement.  Others have their own lives and are busy.  My back is messed up and hurts.   I have nothing to complain about because I'm not in Tx or Fl.  I'm grateful!!!

I will be moving to a place that don't have the internet so have to figure out how to get it and get out of my place now so I'm overloaded...tons to do.  I appreciate you guys!  I have to figure out alot of stuff but we always make it happen some how some way right? : - )

Hugs as we should always feel grateful for each other and everything.

Vr!

Archived