TPMS dead batteries replacement vs. new system

lockmup68

So the truck had a never installed pressure pro system in a box under the back seat. Spoke with Pressure Pro and sent everything in for testing. Everything works fine, but all 16 sensors batteries are dead. To replace is about $600. This is a 6 year old system, technically new, but six years old. A new TST system with flow through sensors is about $200 more. Do I spend the extra dough and get a new system, or stick with PP? 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Most of the tech changes for PressurePro are in the sensors.  When you replace the sensors, you get the latest technology.

Personally With a TPMS, you check the tire pressure electronically which eliminates the little burps when you use a pressure gauge.  In a given year, I usually only have to adjust tire pressure twice.  The complexity of the flow through sensors and the greater chance of leakage just doesn't warrant then to me.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Unlike some others, I have been using my Pressure Pro since my first travel trailer in 2003 (8 sensors). When I upgraded to an HDT and a 5er in 2010 I needed two more sensors. I called PP who advised me to replace all the old sensors and buy 2 new ones and to also "upgrade" my controller. They made me a nice deal and I did so. I also purchased the outside antenna (not the repeater). Using the outside antenna, mounted on the bed of the HDT near the hitch, I have had no issues (zero) with dropped signals or read errors. Like Mark, I so rarely have to adjust the tire pressure I see no need for the flow thru sensors. Is there something bigger, better, badder out there? Maybe, but I've been thoroughly pleased with my Pressure Pro for 14 years. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I only use my 10 PP sensors around 5 months a year. I replaced them at 9 years 6 months when some started to drop the signal.

The replacement ones are now 3 years and 5 months old.

I'm still using the old monitor that doesn't read temps. But I like the fact that I can check the pressures every morning before leaving the campground.

When I get back to my winter spot I park and put air into all tires up to the tires max PSI and store the sensors. Then in the spring when heading out I let the air out down to my travel weight PSI and put sensors on. That 2 times a year is the only time I have to mess with PSI or the sensors.

In my MH I do use the PP repeater that is mounted up high in the bedroom.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived