Day one

lockmup68

So, mad scramble and not done with everything, haven't tested anything, but pulled out of the storage yard at 9 pm last night and into the campground about 9:30. 

Refrigerator was delayed due to weather and was delivered at 2 pm yesterday. Had a few guys from church on standby and we get the refrigerator, couch, island, and table through the window just as it started to rain. 

Thought I had all the right fittings for the ice maker line, but no. Nothing at Home Depot so, put refrigerator in without ice maker hooked up. I had the install manual for the refrigerator and the bottoms feet dimension were 2 inches off. Front feet hang off the subfloor. Will have to address on Monday when plumbing supply store is open to get a 1/2 inch pex compression to 1/4 male for ice maker connection. No shut off valve on the water line, so no water to coach until that is fixed.

changed out the jets in the stove for propane and adjusted valves as detailed. Turned on tanks and no propane to stove? Valves are on, have propane in tank. Must be a Shutoff valve somewhere I'm missing. 

Floor is down. Shoe mold is down. Boxes, totes and bags everywhere. Had to be out of apartment by tomorrow, so made the leap. Holy crap what did we just do? At least there are bathrooms and showers in campground. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Grats.  At least your wife can always yell at the contractor to do the warranty work, and she doesnt have to go to indiana to do it.

i'm jealous, i dont like the cheap construction used in the interiors.  Some is lightweight, but much is just cheap.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Yup. Night two. Have water now. Installed the rvwaterdilterstore two canister filter kit and pressure regulator. Tried to reuse the old p trap and it is not sealing 100% in the kitchen, so will get a new one tomorrow. Vanity sink working good,toilet working good. 

Range is not getting propane. Changed out the jets and turned the tanks on and nada. Used the original line and previous stove was working.  Will need to pull the tanks tomorrow. Gauge might be broken. 

Fun, fun, fun.  

For P traps, I have used the Hepvo traps on previous trailers and really like them!  A bit expensive, but they can save you some valuable space and they never lose their seal.  You can get them on Amazon.

http://hepvo.com/

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shawn Patterson said:

For P traps, I have used the Hepvo traps on previous trailers and really like them!  A bit expensive, but they can save you some valuable space and they never lose their seal.  You can get them on Amazon.

http://hepvo.com/

I've also used them on a number of projects and really like them. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I used to work for the propane company and used to convert tons of stoves to propane.  Haven't done one in many a year, but there was always something to change on the internal regulator in the stove.  Used to just be you unscrewed the cap, flipped it over, and screwed it back in and there was a pin on the other side of the cap that depressed the spring inside the regulator.  Basically on natural gas that regulates the line pressure down a lower pressure inside the appliance (3.5" wc?) where on propane the regulator just becomes a pass through for the 11" wc pressure coming from the regulator on the tank and does not further reduce the pressure.

On the vein of k.i.s.s., are you sure you did not just trip the excess flow on the tank by opening the valve too fast when it had to fill the whole system?

Nailed it, forgot to flip that thing in the regulator. Flipped it over and all works well. The propane alarm went off suddenly when the shop vac was blowing directly into the alarm. Shut all the gas off and vented entire trailer rapidly. Then the CO2 alarm started going off and would not stop, entire trailer was vented already and fans all running, all windows open. Of course, midnight. The dates on the detectors were all 5 years too old, so got new ones this morning and replaced. I repulled the range and checked all connections with the spay detector stuff to double check. 

Update on progress, got the right fitting for the ice maker line, so pulled refrigerator back out (got one of those ez slide mats to protect floor and slide appliances out, great investment), The wheels on the refrigerator were 1 inch over the subfloor, so laid new 1 inch subfloor, installed new fitting and shutoff valve for ice maker, cut out top of cabinet another inch, and reinstalled refrigerator. Much heavier since it was full! I did remember to paint the front 6 inches of the subfloor so it blends in with the floor this time. 

refrigerator in through the window, starts pouring down rain of course. Guys from church were a lifesaver. 

IMG_2324_zps4rsbcbuc.jpg

after buying 3 of everything from two RV stores and home depot, I got the kitchen sink drains, ptrap, etc., finally installed and leak free. Then the reused faucet started leaking, back to HD for a new faucet. 12:39 am this morning, we have a leak free faucet and drains, so actual working kitchen sinks. Aimee is happy. 

This wasn't good, back 45 min to HD again:

IMG_2375_zpsr5caf8xs.jpg

Shower door and glass is getting frosted and not done yet. They are a week behind, That's frustrating. 

Installed the RVwaterfilterstore filters, turned out pretty nice and water tastes good. Have an extra charcoal filter on the ice maker line too. Used quick connects on the hose connection and a Y valve between city water and tank water connection to control without having to connect/disconnect hoses. 

IMG_2357_zpsiaakg1jp.jpg

Aimee and the girls went to the container store and burned up the card getting storage stuff. Mounted holders on the back side of the washer/dryer doors, inside the vanity doors, magnetic knife bar, and really cool magnetic spice cans, lots of various containers and baskets to organize everything. Again, big thanks to everyone who has helped, advised, encouraged, etc., along the way. I just realized I joined the forum in December of 2005. I think that qualifies me as a long time lurker. :)

Pulling out of the storage lot for the first time on way to first night in our new home:

IMG_2340_zpsyzlcw9z0.jpg

Archived