Dymo 4200 labeler

rdickinson

Monday, I'm going to get one but not sure what tape or heatshrink to get.  Scott uses heatshrink and writes on it himself.  This isn't an option for me, sooo, what are  the most common sizes and colors used.  At 40 odd bucks a cartridge I don't want to have unused cartridges laying about.

Thanks

Following this topic.  I'd like to get this setup also for wiring projects.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

https://www.amazon.com/SummitLink-Assorted-Shrink-Colors-Tubing/dp/B00LVFDLUO

Scott gets these, which seems like a good deal for the shrink tube.  But there are other situations which need tape or labels, ie flat objects or smaller wire with ends over which the right size shrink tube won't fit without cutting it off. Hence the flat label or flag type.

Unlike most, work is an ongoing project on my rig, repairing, updating, adding some bling.  I'd like to be able to trace the circuits without spending a lot of time doing it.  Unfortunately RV's are not like Piper aircraft where you can open up the loom anywhere and within 10 inches one way or another, the identifying code can be found.  Saw that at the Piper plant at Vero Beach last year.

Anytime a particular circuit became visible anywhere in the trailer, I'd flag it.  If for no other reason than to eliminate it as suspect in my search for a potential issue.

We can't all be a Randy A.....Although, I do have fewer injuries now.....Yes, I'm counting.

Sorry about the printed circuit board Randy, I pitched it.  Everyone I spoke to said not to re-use it.

Since I've started using it, I've ordered:

• 3 of the 1/4" tubes
  • 2 of the 3/8" tubes
  • 1 of the 1/2" and 3/4" tubes

For most small 14-20 gauge, the 1/4" is fine. If you want to put the tube over a connector/terminal, you usually need the 3/8" to clear that.

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

If you want to mark wire, this is the technique that I use.

I print (laser printer) a label on my computer.  I then place the label on the wire and slip clear shrink tubing over the label and wire.  Then I shrink the tubing with a heat gun. 

I have Wordperfect which allows me to create a rectangle and then type inside the rectangle.

Archived