Jackalopee

Vegas Teacher

Well I got my jackalopee ordered. Direclink brake controller ordered. Caldwell Idaho reservations made. Route to WCR plotted out. 7 pin wiring harness ordered. Universal trailer hitch ordered and delivered. Time to wire and work on it not even close. Why do our jobs have to get in the way of all of the fun stuff?

In the process of ordering the Jackalopee I spoke with Henry Szmyt, he was a really good person and talked to me about the wiring of the unit.

Anyway things are coming together.

Later,

Cory Ossana

I agree on your opinion of Henry Szmyt, what a great resource and interesting man to talk to.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Something I have found since I bought the Semi is there are places where customer service still exists. On the down side there are still places that don't have it and never will. I have also seen there are great friends out there that you can count on all of the time.

First I have to speak of my friends - Vegas Flyer has been a friend of mine for years, but this guy took time off of work to go down to Florida with me and drive 4 days back across highway 10, which included a very boring part of Texas from West of San Antonio to El Paso and has then given me advice and looked out for me along the way when I ordered different parts and pieces for the trailer and lights.

Many of the companies I have dealt with have been great also. Etrailer, it doesn't matter if it is on email or calling them the response time is great, very quick and the people there know our trucks. Tuson brake controller for the direclink braking system was the same way. I called them and the person helping me made sure I had all of the correct parts, then gave me his extension and his name. He helped me to not only get the correct controller but the best price from the best place. He also helped with the wiring kit too. Henry Szmyt was also incredible. I was on the phone with him for about a half an hour, what a great person and he says if during the install you need help call me. How many companies and engineers are that nice, it is not what I see on a regular basis in Las Vegas. Speaking of Vegas Southern Tire Mart was great in helping me to get tires and finding the best prices.

I guess I have just gotten used to the people at Walmart, Target, Home Depot, McDonald's, AM/PM and the DMV they could care less how you are treated any more.

Later,

Cory O 

Re the 7 pin, I switched over to the EZ Connector after 2 failures on the 7 pin.  Specifically running lites.  Get the gold plated contacts and adapter to switch back to 7 pin.

If you are planning a camera for the trailer he has a data cable which has the regular trailer wires included.

X2 re Henry, I just replaced the circuit board in my Jackalopee recently.  Just had it fwd shipped to my next location.  Left turn signal relay had stuck and partially fried the board.

You may also consider a circuit from the truck batteries to the trailer house batteries to charge them while you are on the road.

On May 2, 2017 at 6:54 PM, GlennWest said:

I used the metal connector that truckers use instead of the cheap plastic connector for the Teton. Just wire it like the standard Rv connector. 

I also used the commercial connector! I put the Jackalopee in my RV and ran the commercial connector to the rear of my bed and one from the RV much better then the RV connector. I left the RV connector in place and have it coiled up in its storage compartment. I did this so I can be towed by anything. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Archived