Hitch ordered

Vegas Teacher

OK still dealing with the wife and control of the money but I did get a hitch ordered from etrailer.

So here is the long part of the story. Last week I got in the Semi right after school was out and drove it to the welding shop. OK I have to tell a little bit of a humorous story here. Last Tuesday we had a group on our campus going into our classrooms and looking at us to see what we do. So I am dressed in suit and tie for this event. I did not have time to go home and change so I hopped in the Semi and went. I pull up in front of the shop and get out dressed in suit and tie. It seems that not many truckers wear a suit and tie judging by the looks I got. I joked with the shop people about it and they confirmed my thoughts. 

O.K. so I get a quote for them to fabricate the hitch and hook up the lights. The quote for shop time alone comes back at 1295(labor) + 450(shop) fee? parts are like 250.00. Then some other parts and pieces here and there take the total up to 1995.95 I about choked. So I told Flyer about it and he found a Class V hitch with a 16 inch drop on it, on the etrailer website for 200.00 Free shipping. You can screw it on or weld it. We are going to screw it on and then I am going to have one of the guys in my schutzhund club weld it on for me. In schutzhund we do decoy work and you have to wear special pants. The pants I had do not fit me any more, I lost 50 lbs, so now I swim in them. They were 200.00 I traded the pants for the welding job. He is going to weld the seems into the frame, and the mud flaps back onto the side of the hitch. The mud flaps have to come off of the truck to put the hitch on. He is also going to add metal in the open space to strengthen the hitch for me. I got a 7 pen hitch and wires for about 100.00. My next order, in May, will be the Direclink and the Jackalopee system.

I will be in Caldwell Idaho. More than likely we will try to drive it all in one shot straight up from Vegas.

I do appreciate all of the help and links to things I have needed to get the brakes, lights and wires all set up. The dyslexic person I am I have to read it 100 times to be able to remember it. I really am dyslexic and it makes even the simple things in my life difficult.

Thanks again for all of the help from everybody.

On a really fun note I am taking my principal for a ride in the Volvo this Friday. I drove it to school one day last week.

All is fun!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana   

Hi Cory - I use one of these towing flimsy trailers with my won ton so the truck doesn't beat on the trailer quite so much.  You will see scientifical operational similarities to a certain king pin rv semi trailer 5th wheel "hitch" that goes by the initials ET ... 

Towing a tandem enclosed trailer with bikes I can see about 3" "differential travel" between the lower nose of the trailer and the truck over bridge decks and railway crossings where it appears to be engineerically impossible to lay a 2x4 down and grade the road level to the structure :o:wacko::D

They aren't cheep but you could shop the classifieds ... 

airsafe hitch.jpg

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived