Las Vegas - Southern Tire mart

Vegas Teacher

I have just started in the world of the HDT and have learned a lot. First thing I have learned is they are an expensive toy to buy and maintain. My truck has almost 1 million miles on it. I love it and trying to decide on a name for it. Many of my friends and family are already calling it the "Great Pumpkin" it is an orange Volvo 780.

I went to buy tires at Southern Tire Mart on Losee Road here in Las Vegas, it is between Craig and Cheyenne. They were extremely nice and when I told them I was not a commercial over the road driver they became very interested in what I was doing. The first thing they did was introduce me to the shop mechanic, now remember this is only a tire place, but they introduced me to the mechanic and he started asking me things about the truck. I told him about a few small issues I was seeing and he said he would look at them. My seat belt light came on and would not go off. The bell was ringing nonstop and driving me crazy. He looked at it and said he could fix it one of two ways. The first way was to order all of the parts from Volvo and install a new seat belt wiring kit and some kind of box for 250 - 300.00 or he could clip the wire and solder it back together for under 50.00. 45 minutes worth of work and 35.00 later he was done with everything. finding out my truck was not commercial and I was not using it to make money really seemed to open the doors for me at that shop. Junior is the name of the guy who does all quotes and oversees all of the repairs done on the trucks. It goes back to something as simple as customer service. I do not see this a lot in Vegas. My grandfather owned and ran his own shop back in the 50's - 70's he treated people right and took care of them. It reminds me of how my grandpa treated people. They have called me and followed up with me 3 times since I left the shop. They spin balanced and bean bag balanced my front steer tires.

Here is the contact information for them: I highly suggest them to everybody in Vegas or if you are driving through and need something done.

w283-h160-k-no

Address: 3420 Losee Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Hours: 
Open today · 7:30AM–5PM

Archived