Update

Dutch&Di

I wanted to give you a long overdue update on us.
Dutch is recovering from his total ankle replacement surgery and it seems to be healing quite well.  He should have the stitches removed next week and hopefully start PT.  His main health issue that they have been working on since October still hasn't been diagnosed but we're still trying. They say, ankle wise,  we should be able to leave AZ in about 4 weeks.
Unfortunately, we won't be traveling far as I have to get back to S. Ca to have a 2nd heart Ablation as the 1st one didn't get everything & while they did re-pocket the pacemaker that was causing all my pain, they didn't see that they also had to move all the wires deeper inside as they are causing as much pain as the pacemaker.  Not sure I have too much faith left in any doctors for me right now  but I'll prevail.  Out goal is to be able to get back on the road by end of May/beginning of June.  Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

13 hours ago, Dutch&Di said:

I wanted to give you a long overdue update on us.
Dutch is recovering from his total ankle replacement surgery and it seems to be healing quite well.  He should have the stitches removed next week and hopefully start PT.  His main health issue that they have been working on since October still hasn't been diagnosed but we're still trying. They say, ankle wise,  we should be able to leave AZ in about 4 weeks.
Unfortunately, we won't be traveling far as I have to get back to S. Ca to have a 2nd heart Ablation as the 1st one didn't get everything & while they did re-pocket the pacemaker that was causing all my pain, they didn't see that they also had to move all the wires deeper inside as they are causing as much pain as the pacemaker.  Not sure I have too much faith left in any doctors for me right now  but I'll prevail.  Out goal is to be able to get back on the road by end of May/beginning of June.  Hugs, Di

Hi Di,

It is nice to hear from you. I hope everything will work out for you and Dutch.

I wish you the best,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

14 hours ago, Dutch&Di said:

Dutch is recovering from his total ankle replacement surgery and it seems to be healing quite well.

Is this a second ankle replacement? I thought that he went through that before Pam had hers, back in 2012? She has been very happy with hers and thus far has no issues with it at all, but of course, other health issues continue to require attention but thus far are under control. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

What is there about AZ and having to spend warm months while one recouperates, finish up treatment.  Dave went in for what we hoped would be his last 6 month check for skin cancers.  Found another one, so MOHS surgery las week and instead of leaving today, we will be leaving on the 30th after stitches come on.  Good thing was they caught it early this time, so not a deep incision.   Remember your hats & sunblock. ?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Yep,  Dutch doesn't have anything wrong with his bones, he just wears things out.  Both ankles and both knees so we better be able to get back on the road in May?????  As we now say, Gettin` Old Ain't For Sissies!!!!  Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Archived