Date codes

I purchased a new equipment trailer with Carlisle tires on it and after checking code found out the tires are already a yr old and after looking over trailer I figured out my grandson could do a better job of welding  and then it was painted over the welding slag with no primer under paint, needless to say the paint is falling off.

They agreed to build me a new trailer and after a delivery hassle they sent me a free spare tire. Yeah you guessed it that tires is two yrs old 1815. They sent me an email stating that Carlisle goes by purchase date not the code Do I turn this over to BBB or what I read the warranty on their tire. disqualifications are underinflated,towing to fast, overloaded, So that pretty much covers any problem that comes up. We have no way of proving these things didnt happen I bought a brand new trailer ! And is new tires to much to ask for ?

TIA for all the help. You can even throw a joke in to cheer me up. This in plain english really sucks

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Unfortunately, it seems to me that with the exclusions in the warranty you are at their mercy unless you purchase new tires on your own. How in the world would you prove you didn't go over what they say is the rated speed, or overload, or anything else that they claim is the cause of the failure? I wish I had a joke for you, but I don't.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

These tires have been sitting under unknown conditions for going on two years now. It's not just their aget diminishing their value, but also how they may have been kept for this extended time.  Have they been exposed to ozone during this time?  How.about the weather out of doors?  I'm sorry, but this, coupled with the previous poor welds factor would be a deal breaker for me.  The manufacturer is not dealing in accepted business standards to my way of thinking.  Walk away. As always,  oRV 

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

3 minutes ago, Orvil Hazelton said:

These tires have been sitting under unknown conditions for going on two years now. It's not just their aget diminishing their value, but also how they may have been kept for this extended time.  Have they been exposed to ozone during this time?  How.about the weather out of doors?  I'm sorry, but this, coupled with the previous poor welds factor would be a deal breaker for me.  The manufacturer is not dealing in accepted business standards to my way of thinking.  Walk away. As always,  oRV 

I wish it was this easy I already payed for the trailer or I would run not walk

Jim Spence

Well guess they cant find new tires so they have agreed to replace with radial tires plus a spare anxious to see the welds on new trailer look like,, supposed to be able to pu mid next week

Jim Spence

On 4/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, Orvil Hazelton said:

Good advice on tire storage, etc.

However.......

"As always", ORV -  - it  helps to read the first (original) post.

And/or -  RE-read as necessary to understand the situation.

Taking a hike - walking away - (unfortunately) is/was not an option.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Devilishjim said:

Do I turn this over to BBB or what I read the warranty on their tire. disqualifications are underinflated,towing to fast, overloaded, So that pretty much covers any problem that comes up. We have no way of proving these things didnt happen I bought a brand new trailer ! And is new tires to much to ask for ?

Worry about the welding, not the tires.  I bought a pair of new tires from a well-known major tire dealer in February, and decided to wait there for 90 minutes while they got around to putting them on.  My phone battery was almost dead, so out of boredom I read the fine print of the warranty while I waited.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that most conceivable tire problems were either excluded by the warranty or worded so that I (the consumer) could be blamed for the problem (which of course voided the warranty).

When I got home, I dug into the filing cabinet for the last pair of new tires I had bought.  Yep, same thing.  So apparently, those useless tire warranties are standard business practice these days.

Cheers,

Ken

Well an update on trailer. They didnt have another trailer like mine in stock so buit one ASAP and supposedly inspected by upper management, Then we went into tire deal it seems that Carlisle told them that warranty took effect from date of purchase not the tire date code. So after several emails back and forth and me telling them I didnt want any tires older than four months. So they decided to put new wheels and a set of radials on for me. delivery mid next week ( wish me Luck )

Wife and I had to go to TSC for a jack part I needed and lo n behold same brand of trailers so DW went tire code searching , Yep you guessed it over yr old tires sitting on blacktop where normal summer temps are around 11o degrees!

Jim Spence

1 hour ago, Devilishjim said:

Well an update on trailer. They didnt have another trailer like mine in stock so buit one ASAP and supposedly inspected by upper management, Then we went into tire deal it seems that Carlisle told them that warranty took effect from date of purchase not the tire date code. So after several emails back and forth and me telling them I didnt want any tires older than four months. So they decided to put new wheels and a set of radials on for me. delivery mid next week ( wish me Luck )

Wife and I had to go to TSC for a jack part I needed and lo n behold same brand of trailers so DW went tire code searching , Yep you guessed it over yr old tires sitting on blacktop where normal summer temps are around 11o degrees!

Would you really expect any different ? :)

Goes around , comes around .

Archived