Peterbilt HDT - I finally found one

DIESELSUBMARINER

Congratulations. Good luck with your build. Keep us informed on the progress.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

The DW and I were sailing down the highway in the Coronado last week when a driver eased up beside us in a completely tricked out Pete from Fitzgerald. Without skipping a beat the DW said "Oh our next coach has to be built on one of those!" I told her that talk like that would hurt our dear Coronado's feelings.

It was a cool rig. Every single thing on it but the lights, glass and tires was either painted to match the body, or highly polished metal! Even the fenders were mirror polished aluminum! It must have been a full foot shorter than our Freightliner too. In spite of that show finish, it was a working tractor hauling flat bed!

Congratulations on finding your Pete. Best of luck with your build. Please post more photos!

2006 Renegade/Freightliner Coronado 43', Detroit, twin screw, 12spd

The DW and I were sailing down the highway in the Coronado last week when a driver eased up beside us in a completely tricked out Pete from Fitzgerald. Without skipping a beat the DW said "Oh our next coach has to be built on one of those!" I told her that talk like that would hurt our dear Coronado's feelings.

It was a cool rig. Every single thing on it but the lights, glass and tires was either painted to match the body, or highly polished metal! Even the fenders were mirror polished aluminum! It must have been a full foot shorter than our Freightliner too. In spite of that show finish, it was a working tractor hauling flat bed!

Congratulations on finding your Pete. Best of luck with your build. Please post more photos!

And the photos are?

Care to fill us in on what your doing to drop it 6" I know most add a car hauler front axle. Move the Pete low air brackets up on the frame. But most times your looking at 4" on all that. And if you start playing with the air valves. It will cost you more issues then its worth.

Forgot to add love the truck. That's my dream truck and the colors right also.. I did get to run one just like it in 1987. But it had a 18 double over trans. 18th was back to the dash. And you had to be doing triple digit to hit 18th. That old gal would run 123 I know for sure. Did it one trip, but never again. :blink:

Pete

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you in Florida hunting insurance, I talked with another member here that said to register as a private truck. Don't offer them anything more than they need to know. As far as insurance goes, give Gilbert RV Insurance, Inc a call. With the insurance in hand, the private truck registration shouldn't be a problem. Just avoid the nice tag offices and go to one where working people go. You might be pleasantly surprised.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived