Green Volvo 870 Sighting - Las Vegas - Vegas Teacher

Vegas Teacher

Good Morning all!

We are coming up on our first day off from school this Friday and I was thinking about how much I would like to get out of town to go camping. I was North on Decatur at a gas station called green valley grocery. Now I was getting ready to head back north to my high school, Shadow Ridge, for football game duty. Freshman and JV played and I had to keep kids in line around the concession stand. Sorry back to the story, so I am at a 4 way stop getting ready to pull out back on to Decatur and I look up and see a green Volvo 870 across from me. I am instantly Jealous, green with envy, then he went south and pull out and I saw the incredible looking bed with a quad and other toys plus the triple axle 5th wheel.

Anyway I am up in your area I live at Farm and Decatur. If you are ATV Idiot (and I hate calling anybody idiot) let me know if you are somebody else hey I would love to meet up with you and talk some time. Like I said in an earlier post I am still looking and saving up to buy this summer. I would love to trade notes and ideas with you.

Also I am trying to decide between doing a steel finished bed or creating a frame and doing a wooden flatbed out of like 2X6's then staining it and finally adding a sealer to the top.

Has anybody done this or seen it?

Last but not least for all that went to the Hutch for the HDT Rally you were close to my home town. I am originally from Pittsburg Kanssas, Hutch is about 3 hours from there. I grew up on the Kansas / Missouri border in the S.E. corner of the state.

Later Y'all I got kids to teach,

Cory Ossana - Vegas Teacher.

P.S. Did you all notice I did not use any C.B. lingo this time - lesson learned.

Cory:
I do not know of a green 870 in this neck of the woods. But a good possibility they were headed to Glamis for Camp RZR or Dumont for Halloween. Since were headed to Dumont this weekend I will keep an eye out for it. (My truck is a 780 and its white) My buddies was green but is now white/grey and the bed isnt finished yet.

As for your bed... What do you plan to load on top of it? Expect the wood to dry out real fast in our desert heat. Unless you plan to keep it in covered storage.

Hey look for John Waugh - Vegas Flyer - I am sure he will be there this weekend (Dumont) if you are there.

I got busy and did not get the email you sent me until just recently. When it settles down and all of us can get together let me know. I am having out patient surgery on election day but I will be able to meet. Nothing serious just my throat.

As far as the bed goes I want to put a Jeep on it.

Later,

Cory O

P.S. How is Arbor doing in Soccer. If you run into Kevin McPartlin tell him I said hello.

Our weekend is pretty packed for Dumont. We have the 5FDP concert tomorrow night, so we wont be leaving until saturday morning. We release our "Halloween build" at Comp hill saturday night and back home sunday. If John sees this post, we will be camped out by #9.

Things should calm down a little for me just before Christmas. SEMA next week, Utah after and then Thanksgiving and Cali right after... So much for the slow time of year. Good luck with the surgery! Hope all goes well.

Personally I wouldnt go the wood route, especially with putting a jeep on it. I think by the time you spent supporting the wood with framework, you could lay a sheet or two of diamond plate down and call it a day,,,,,

Arbor plays Centennial today and that will decide if they make playoffs! Lets hope it doesnt end like the football game and the fights...

Well Teach, not to be critical, but a bit of correction. :rolleyes: That was probably a Volvo 780 you saw. :D

Folks in Vegas like BIG numbers..... :D

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Teach, we should be headed up Decatur to the shooting complex on Friday about noon. We have to get together thus year!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

We'll be back in Vegas after Nov 10th, had to fly home to Fairbanks for our Grand Kids fix, I can confirm Global Warming is not winning in Fairbanks. ;)

Love to meet with anyone in the Vegas area.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Sorry, I have two things working against me with numbers first I am a diagnosed dyslexic, second growing up I had and still have a Remington 870, 12 gauge shotgun. I also worked at a Mom and Pop sporting goods store back in Pittsburg Kansas called John's Sport center (still in business) and I sold many 870's. Old numbers and habits die hard.

To those of you looking to visit Vegas I would love to meet up with you, I will admit I was pretty lazy last year and did not meet anybody. If you are up at the Clark County Gun Range I teach at the school you pass on Decatur, you actually drive past the football and soccer field on your way up to the range. Since I am wanting to buy this summer seeing all rigs that go up that way would be great.

Rick & Alana - My wife has book club Friday about 4:30 will you be up at the range around 3:30 when she will probably be leaving me? If so please call me, my phone number is 702-672-7990 ( I double checked my number to make sure I typed it correctly) If you guys are free to give me a tour of your rig I will spring for dinner at the Road Kill Cafe.

ATV - thanks for the advice on the bed idea. That makes sense and would also be a lot more stronger and durable. We played Centenial the week after everything happened at Cane's. It was pretty calm for us that night.

Larry and Donna - My phone number is posted on this email, when you get to Vegas please give me a call. The picture you posted looks incredible I would love to see your rig too.

Last but not least Thanks to all of you again for your help and advice.

Vegas Teacher

Our weekend is pretty packed for Dumont. We have the 5FDP concert tomorrow night, so we wont be leaving until saturday morning. We release our "Halloween build" at Comp hill saturday night and back home sunday. If John sees this post, we will be camped out by #9.

Things should calm down a little for me just before Christmas. SEMA next week, Utah after and then Thanksgiving and Cali right after... So much for the slow time of year. Good luck with the surgery! Hope all goes well.

Personally I wouldnt go the wood route, especially with putting a jeep on it. I think by the time you spent supporting the wood with framework, you could lay a sheet or two of diamond plate down and call it a day,,,,,

Arbor plays Centennial today and that will decide if they make playoffs! Lets hope it doesnt end like the football game and the fights...

Walter,

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately we will not be going anywhere for Halloween. The good news is that I brought our 780 (with an 870) down to a friends shop near Hesperia, CA to start the (steel) bed build.

I will start a new thread once we get started, it should be done in a few weeks.

John

(Sorry Cory)

Rick and Larry - we will definitely have to meet up!!

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Thanks Vegass flyer - I can always count on you to be a very smart Gluteus Maximus (Sometimes the Biology teacher in me can't resist!)

Flyer - You should see Risk tracking, she is doing great and she got her first bite on a pillow and loves the 12 - 14 inch tugs.

Sorry I got off on a German Shepherd talk there, Flyer and I do a sport called Schutzhund with our dogs. Flyer has a top notch German Shepherd, you should see Jager work, his nose is incredible! Flyer was my first dog trainer, and he is outstanding but quite a smart @$$ :D:D:angry: !!!!!

We'll be back in Vegas after Nov 10th, had to fly home to Fairbanks for our Grand Kids fix, I can confirm Global Warming is not winning in Fairbanks. ;)

Love to meet with anyone in the Vegas area.

You picked a good week, its supposed to warm up into the 30's from single digits.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

You picked a good week, its supposed to warm up into the 30's from single digits.

Didn't see 30 today but there was some nice Northern Lights this evening at 13 degrees. Happy to be home

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Didn't see 30 today but there was some nice Northern Lights this evening at 13 degrees. Happy to be home

Bummer....it is in the 80's here in KS.....But the Northern Lights would be nice to see...... :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived