Robert A. "Bob" Hoover, passed away today.

Dollytrolley

A true gentleman and very likely the best pilot ..........ever.

Fly on........(The best.....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

A true gentleman and very likely the best pilot ..........ever.

Fly on........(The best.....)

?

Truly a legendary pilot and gentleman. Amazing airshow he put on.

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

The film clip of him putting his glass of iced tea on the dash and doing his routine was amazing stuff to this fledgling pilot. I'll always remember that.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I met him back in the 80s at the Quonset Point Air Show in RI which I was involved with. Such a great guy....Very "Down To Earth"...(Pun intended)

What he could do with a Rockwell Strike Commander was simply amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnl3JZwnUZA

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Saw him many times at Oshkosh as a performer and guest speaker. He described when he was flying in a Spitfire and was shot down by Focke-Wulf 190 in WW2, "this fellow got me with a hell of a deflection shot", he ended in the prisoners of war camp for 16 months. Incidentally, he escaped from the prison by stealing a FW-190 and flying it out to Francce.

Here he narrates what he was was doing in the Strike Commander inside the cockpit while doing the aerobatics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7R7jZmliGc

True American treasure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hoover

What fewer pilots realize about Bob Hoover is his massive amount of aero-testing that Bob performed for decades after WWII.....his expertise and skills honed the performance, handling, and safety of almost ALL of the current military as well as most civil aircraft.

Often in my tiny works in testing and sometimes certification of aircraft I was immensely aided by Bob's trailblazing and often dangerous testing that I was able to benefit from........he may likely have saved my hide several times.

His airshow work was legendary .........his actual life was beyond legendary.

Thanks Bob.

Fly on.........(A real gentleman......Bob)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived