Converted stove to push button ignition

rbertalotto

I really hated looking for the "fire stick" to light my stove every time I wanted to use it. A trip to Lowes and in the BBQ isle I found igniters that should work.

047362846815-vi.jpg

Mounted them up and painted with hi-Temp BBQ paint

IMG_1866-vi.jpg

Mounted the push buttons on the front of the stove

IMG_1871-vi.jpg

Here is a video of how it works.....

Love this modification!

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Too bad you already mounted your 3 push buttons. For around $10 you could have installed a single battery powered electric igniter. They come in 3 or 4 conductor igniter versions so you can add one to your oven as well with the addition of a universal bbq ignition lead. The disadvantage being that it runs on a battery.. which can go dead on you. The advantage being a single push button that provides repeated ignitions to all burners until the button is released (as opposed to repeated pushes with the pizio if it doesn't light on the first try).

My stove was already electric ignition (turn the knob to send a spark to all burners), but I added the 4 conductor model push button mainly because I hated getting down on my hands and knees to light the pilot on the oven.

Looks sharp though!

I installed an electronic ignitor to replace the loud "bang, bang" rotary ignitor that was standard on our Atwood/Wedgwood stove. The original Chinese AA battery that came with it lasted about 6 months, but the Duracell alkaline replacement is going on 18 months and still going strong. I also converted the stove on our previous coach to an electronic ignitor. That mod required installing the electrodes as well, but that wasn't difficult. Both ignitor kits came from the BBQ section at Walmart and were on fall closeout for a bit under $10.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

but I added the 4 conductor model push button mainly because I hated getting down on my hands and knees to light the pilot on the oven.

Yarome, I have been wanting to do the oven as well. How do you know that it has lit and stays lit without getting down to see?

Roy

2011 GMC 3500 SRW CC, SB, Duramax/Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG, 7000lb axles, Glide Ride, HD brakes, dual pane windows, 40" Panasonic, Magnadyne HTS, PD surge protector, etc.
Mods: 5 gal pressure tank, Motosat dish, plumbing reworked, inside steps storage, SeeLevel tank gauges, Rear view camera, major changes to basement.

How do you know that it has lit and stays lit without getting down to see?

Others that have done this mod have made oblong slits in the lower heat shield (not sure if that's what it's called) above the pilot and thermocoupler for easy viewing. Personally.. I didn't. I just use the "whoosh" method.

Depress the pilot... wait a second or two.. depress the ignitor for a couple 3 seconds.. hold the pilot switch down 5 seconds additional... then turn on the oven burner. If it goes "whoosh".. I know it's lit. :P If not then I just shut down.. leave the oven door cracked for a few minutes then retry.

• 1 month later...

Archived