Mountain Master Smart loader

GlennWest

I have the 12" ramps and they are set up to go on and off either side. I generally drive on and back off from the passenger side. A reason to set it up to use either side is I have had times when we parked, did not want to unhook and could not use the passenger side and had to drive off the driver side. As for seeing only sky when you drive up, I slide my back a little higher up the seat and open the window. I can see the tires just fine and I know exactly where the tires are supposed to be. It is not really hard to do and you are only on the ramps for about 3 seconds and you are on the truck. I do the same thing when backing off the truck and just watch where the tires run down the ramp.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car is not a Smart and I am not loading from the side. I have 12 inch wide ramps and have backed and drove up multiple times. Driving up is much easier and what I currently do. I don't have the choice of going off the other side, so I am backing one direction no matter. One day may go with a winch, but not in the immediate future. GOAL is the process. Having four wheel drive makes it easier, especially since I can lock it into 4 low. Anti-lock brakes aren't the best for backing down. Finding a loading dock makes it all much easier though. Maybe we could get campgrounds to put one in. There is one in Hutch that I have used. Has anyone tried it with their smart?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Rod,

I use that dock at Hutch every year. Easy load.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

My car is not a Smart and I am not loading from the side. I have 12 inch wide ramps and have backed and drove up multiple times. Driving up is much easier and what I currently do. I don't have the choice of going off the other side, so I am backing one direction no matter. One day may go with a winch, but not in the immediate future. GOAL is the process. Having four wheel drive makes it easier, especially since I can lock it into 4 low. Anti-lock brakes aren't the best for backing down. Finding a loading dock makes it all much easier though. Maybe we could get campgrounds to put one in. There is one in Hutch that I have used. Has anyone tried it with their smart?

Rod

Rod,

After looking at your profile pic, do have ramps for the horses to go down the far side when the stage coach gets on the truck? Also, don't you mean four hoof drive?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Rod,

I use that dock at Hutch every year. Easy load.

I used it a couple times. Never saw anyone else.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod,

After looking at your profile pic, do have ramps for the horses to go down the far side when the stage coach gets on the truck? Also, don't you mean four hoof drive?

My Dad built that Stagecoach several years ago. Always wanted him to find some Horses to put in front of it. He's gone now, so maybe I should start looking myself.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod,

Will hi jack a bit. One of my high school friends who passed away many years ago was part of building stage coaches outside of Weatherford Texas. One of his coaches was featured on the movie "Maverick " with Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster. We don't have many craftsmen like that now. Larry's were full size coaches.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived