Did A Mean Thing Today & I'm Sorry!

Dennis M

Sitting in a grocery store lot in West Des Moines mid-day today. Bobtail with the smart on the deck. Saw my wife coming out of store, I fired up and put it in gear to go meet her just as a guy pulled up in a pick-up and started over to talk.

I just drove away and I have been beating myself up for being so rude ever since. As tired as I get of answering the same question over and over, I have to remember when I was a newbe and had all kinds of questions and how generous the guys on this forum were answering basic questions.

So ... if that guy happens to read this forum, I humbly apologies for being such a jerk!

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

There have been days when I'm just tired, or running late and need to excuse myself. I usually try to be polite and give then the HHRV site or this forum, but sometimes circumstances or pushy people demand that I just say "Nice talking to ya, but I gotta go".

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Don't beat yourself up about it, think of all those times you've been 'asked the question', and you answered politely. Even when you were fed up being asked.

The other day some driver slid open his moonroof to yell 'the question' to me.

Maybe the guy didn't think you realized he was coming over to talk. If I were him, I'd shrug it off and move on.

Don't fall on your sword over this.

I got ticked at a car driver today at Walmart. Pulled the dually in a parking place and a knuckle head pulled in next to me in a small car. My rear wheels were 6" inside the stripe on both sides. AS I was getting out, the driver honked and rolled down the passenger window and told me I needed to move my truck so that his passenger in the back could open the door and get out...my fenders were in his way. I said you have to be kidding, pull up so they can clear the fender....he has 3' more to pull up. Got back in the truck to just move out farther out in the lot and he said something about pushy big truck drivers. Told him his back seat passenger could loose some weight so they would fit through the door and moved my truck. I did not want to be parked close to him.

Probably should have just moved and not said a word...

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I got ticked at a car driver today at Walmart. Pulled the dually in a parking place and a knuckle head pulled in next to me in a small car. My rear wheels were 6" inside the stripe on both sides. AS I was getting out, the driver honked and rolled down the passenger window and told me I needed to move my truck so that his passenger in the back could open the door and get out...my fenders were in his way. I said you have to be kidding, pull up so they can clear the fender....he has 3' more to pull up. Got back in the truck to just move out farther out in the lot and he said something about pushy big truck drivers. Told him his back seat passenger could loose some weight so they would fit through the door and moved my truck. I did not want to be parked close to him.

Probably should have just moved and not said a word...

Ken

I think you were at "Whalemart" not Walmart.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Archived