unusual cable

GlennWest

Glenn

One word of caution..........Be aware that on some of the Qualcomm installations that big cable is connected to some of your trucks systems.

don't cut the cable. Just fish it back inside the cab and cover the square connector with electrical tape and leave it be.

Qualcomm devices were used to track OTR trucks/drivers, so the cable would communicate with the head office as to what the driver was doing(parked or driving) and where they were located and what speed they were driving at. My DW used to do this monitoring for a trucking company and she would run those reports DAILY. So the advise to leave it be is good as it may affect some truck functions if cut and some wires touch each other in the process. Best to either tape if off or find where it is all connected and remove those connections. Would hate to see you have MORE GREMLINS due to that action.

The sat cables are safe to remove if you can be certain that they are not connected to the truck in any way. But as some others have said, you can cause a lot of issues if they are still connected at the truck side and you just cut them on the exterior. In this case it was safe - in others it may not be.

Mine came out after I made sure that none were connected. Biggest culprit is that it ties into the data buss. My 'box' was behind the passenger seat. If you short out the data buss and leave it, bad, bad, electrical juju!

Archived