FINALLY, We Are One

Larry&Donna-AK

We're excited and the our process is finally finished. Now the annoying warranty process begins. We expected perfect but it seems there are numerous flaws with the trailer, just bad workmanship, and the Truck is scheduled for the Steering Shaft Factory Recall.

With that said...We're happy campers ;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/101727193717282580305/6291830633918411921?authkey=Gv1sRgCN_Ez4zbz83MCQ

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Very nice!

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I took the DRV factory tour last summer. They were randomly firing in staples installing cabinets like a roofer shingling on a hot day. Very disheartening. I think their structure is is very sound but they were moving like they were being paid by the piece installing the interior. That and I strongly got the vibe that they were not in the mood to customize anything made me mentally move along. I think they have a lot of business and are doing very well. I would not dismiss them if they have what you are looking for. Show prices are great, making for a great value. Hope you get the issues straightened out and DRV slows down a bit.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Where did you buy your DRV from? I know they can not control the build quality just was wondering.

Roger

We bought from Rocky Mountain RV, Logan UT

Salesman was Tim Belles. Of all the 3 dealerships we talked with, in the West, they they were very straight forward had the best price.

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

"seems there are numerous flaws with the trailer (DRV), just bad workmanship"...Still? Curious as to what the defects are.....

Regards

Gemstone

The passenger side Fender Flair and the Door are the 2 major flaws, obviously their Quality Control needs serious attention. The Door squeaks like an old barn door and is seriously misaligned aND jammed. The Fender Flair looks like they installed from rear to front, not starting in the correct position, ending with it extending beyond the Slide-Out. Instead of reinstalling they just whacked it off, looks like a small air scoop instead of being flush. These really pissed me off, no pride in workmanship.

We are continuing to add to our list.

Bummer to hear that about DRV. I got a lowerish End 5th wheel from Heartland. One of the big elkheart companies. There were a few issues like a light that burned out after the 2nd day and the central vacuum stopped working the first time we used it. And the fact the refrigerator will not stay bolted in. But I expected issues from a mass produced line. Warranty has been not so well. I started talks with them about the issues in October of 2015 and we are still working things out. I guess being 2200 miles from a Road Warrior dealer is a bad thing.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

I didn't even know I could be soooo jealous!! Now I know! Nice! Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

I didn't even know I could be soooo jealous!! Now I know! Nice! Dick T

You can do it, just sign your name. LOL

As a previous Newmar Coach owner our Rig is cheaper than a New Premium Coach and I believe we're safer. We're happy :)

You can do it, just sign your name. LOL

As a previous Newmar Coach owner our Rig is cheaper than a New Premium Coach and I believe we're safer. We're happy :)

Over Memorial Day weekend we were at a bluegrass festival. Parked between a Berkshire and a 60's tear drop. Everyone kept talking about how extravagant our set up was, and that they had no idea how we could afford it. I just kept telling them it all was less than half of what the Berkshire cost. And barely more than the 36' Chalet class C with 3 slides the next row over. Seriously, under 100k and everyone flips out. But pay 70 for a class C or 250+ for a Berk and no one batts an eye.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Archived