Tire recommendation

stolpsaddles

I will have to get a set of 4 drive tires before I head south for next winter from BC Canada. What do you like for 11-22.5 tires that will handle snow as well as some mud as I do get off pavement to camp as well as my driveway in the spring is an uphill mess mess.

The tires on there now are 7 year old BF Goodrich DR444 dated 3909n and getting low on tread.

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

Closed shoulder tread last a bit longer than open shoulder. But if you are in the snow, sand and mud open shoulder is the only way to go. When the tires wear down on my rig I will be swapping to an open shoulder tire. For all around use the XDE M/S or XDS 2 would be my first choices. I have put a lot of those tires on tow trucks and haul road rigs over the years.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Open shoulders will squirm a little. If you're singled, you might not like it. That said, I put a set of pretty aggresive Sailuns on my Mack and like them for working out in the fields.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Open shoulders will squirm a little. If you're singled, you might not like it. That said, I put a set of pretty aggresive Sailuns on my Mack and like them for working out in the fields.

Even the closed shoulder will squirm until the harden up a bit from several heat and cool cycles. I hope I can talk my brother into having one of he regular customers "break in " my next set for the rear. The new ones I put on a couple years ago were quite wiggly.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived