Our 2017 Volvo 780 (Nanook2017)

Larry&Donna-AK

Just wanted to share that our New 2017 Volvo 780 is now Title/Registered as a Motor Home. We had to visit a few different offices but we're completely shocked on how easy the process was. :)

Now all we have to do is wait for the Factory to fix the Safety Recall for the Steering Shaft and deliver the Truck to our dealer. B)

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Well no!

The Truck is still at the Factory and will be shipped to the dealer after the fix.

We are extremely impressed with our dealership and Volvo's response to our needs. Albeit the Safety Recall has delayed our plans for a while

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Are you going to tour AK with it? Would love to check out a factory singled 780. Doubt the other have wants me looking at a new truck but egh.....

Next year, this year is all about setting up and going to some rallies. Sent you a PM.

Larry And Donna, I would be happy to pickup and deliver your new Volvo to you. My wife has a brother-in-law who retired from the Volvo plant and they still live in Dublin. My Daddy was born and raised in Dublin and I was B&R in Roanoke so I'm familiar with the area. I can't really promise a delivery date but you can be sure it will be road tested! Just hang in there it will show up! Where is home? Congratulations on your New Volvo. Be safe and enjoy. Hope to meet you two on the road sometime. If you head toward Va just let us know. Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat, Thanks for the offer but we've accepted this set back waiting near our dealer in Boise. Last Friday I was informed that Volvo is shutting down the production line next week to complete a fix of all the backlog trucks waiting to be shipped. Shouldn't be long, I hope. ;)

Home is King Cove, Alaska, now we're full timing.

Go Air Force

"Love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning"

Trucks are shipping and leaving fast. There was already a scheduled shut down on the books.

Well well...keep an eye out for a Silver 42T780 with no 5er. I'm just waiting with zero knowledge of when it will arrive. :(

Home is King Cove, Alaska, now we're full timing.

I love to hear stories of the how's and why's of where folks end up where they do. I'm sure it's a good tale.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Larry, Are you retired Air Force? I'm 30 years retired Navy. I never worked on the Airdale side but "Jet Noise Is The Sound Of Freedom".Doesn't matter if its Navy ,Marine, or Air Force we are in this together. So I hope you get to enjoy your new ride real soon. I met a boy from Maryland in 06 at the Potter C/G in Williamsburg Va. He had just bought a new 06 Volvo 625 HP, Auto and told me he figure ti would last him for the rest of his life. Then the truck was 65k and he took the truck to Texas and had a tow box built for another 20k. Now that 95k truck would cost almost twice that. But what a sweet ride. I sure do like sitting up in Dublin at the Hardees and watch all the new Volvos do their road test on Istate 81. Hope we get a chance to meet on of these days. Be Safe. Pat

The Old Sailor

Yes Pat you pegged me, Air Force 29 years retired. Like the Boy from from Maryland this truck should last me the rest of my life, of RVING ;) ... looking forward to meeting you also. We have plans to attend the WCR and the National this year.

Archived