Volvo Safety Recall

Larry&Donna-AK

I was just notified my Truck, that hasn't left the factory, has a nationwide Safety Recall, as of Mar 11th, for the Steering link. option M0XB1X greasable steering link.

It sounds like Volvo has told all owners to shut their fleet until fixed.

My truck will not leave the Factory until the fix is complete. :(

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Larry,

Sorry to hear that, know how anxious you are. Safety first though. BTW has anyone changed out their own drag link and how big a job was it?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Larry,

Sorry to hear that, know how anxious you are. Safety first though. BTW has anyone changed out their own drag link and how big a job was it?

Yes I'm getting a little frustrated with multiple delays. However, I'm happy the problem was caught at the factory, rather start safe than sorry.

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

BTW has anyone changed out their own drag link and how big a job was it?

Changed ours a couple of years ago at lake Texoma.

Hardest part was laying in the dirt trying to convince the jihadist Fire Ants not to eat me while I was under the truck. :ph34r:

Seems like it took about an hour after the drive to Dallas to pick up the part.

Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Is this the same as discussed a few days/week ago? Or yet another drag link with no zerks?

Changing is not bad but be aware your steering wheel could be off "center" and cause you to do it a second time. Start with front wheels straight.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Different issue on shafts, this is the 2 piece steering shaft. It is a major concern and is being worked on as I type this. We have a locked gate for these truck and they are not leaving the factory till it is resolved.

"If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

Lord Kelvin

Larry,

Hope you're behind the wheel soon!

I was at a Volvo service center Friday and they were pretty busy fielding calls and visits for the recall. They just received some of the interim repair parts while I was there. These parts (bolts, I believe) are to increase safety margin until new steering shafts are ready in a few weeks. One owner/operator I talked with, who just took delivery, sidelined his rig while waiting on these parts. He was relieved they arrived and he'll be back on the road this weekend making some income for the next payment!

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Larry,

Hope you're behind the wheel soon!

I was at a Volvo service center Friday and they were pretty busy fielding calls and visits for the recall. They just received some of the interim repair parts while I was there. These parts (bolts, I believe) are to increase safety margin until new steering shafts are ready in a few weeks. One owner/operator I talked with, who just took delivery, sidelined his rig while waiting on these parts. He was relieved they arrived and he'll be back on the road this weekend making some income for the next payment!

Thank you, We'll get there just don't know when.

We don't know if the factory will complete the interim or permanet fix before they ship our truck, I suspect they'll do the permanet fix. I know my dealer has submitted many telephone calls & emails to address our issue to Volvo. I now have a Volvo Case number for this recall and was told to keep track of any expenses due to this recall and Volvo will reimburse us. If everything comes together we will have a great story to tell at the WCR.

Archived