Turning OFF Windows 10 Pop Up

Do a google search. There is a Microsoft "KB" update that you can remove to get rid of it. I don't remember which one it is.

Here:

Uninstalling a Windows Update is surprisingly easy, as long as you know its name. This update is called KB3035583 so we can use the command line to delete it with a single command. Begin by opening the Command Prompt with Administrator privileges (right-click the Command Prompt icon and select Run as administrator) and enter

WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583

Follow the on-screen prompts, and when complete type exit to close Command Prompt.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

There is a way to do it and I think Ranger Smith is pointing in the right direction. I have W7 home premium I got caught in the mess where it would automatically start downloading and would not stop without shutting the machine down. Somewhere a week or two in after fighting it someone here (RV I think) posted one or more pieces of information about where to go for information on how to stop it. I am not good with computers so it took me a little while to sort it out but it worked.

I just found an actuall paper note I made with the same update Ranger Smith listed and the same instruction to uninstall then hide. I also stopped automatic downloads and try to read up in the more information section before I download in many cases if the update is not listed as Critical. I am even carefull about some Recommended updates.

There is a freeware utility, GWX Control Panel, that disables all the win 10 nags. It has options, so you can select the items you want disabled. I finally resorted to using it when MS perverted the Windows Update system. I was preparing to manually edit the Registry when I found someone had already packaged the needed changes.

This is just one of the sites its available at. Download & run at your own risk.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6756-.html

Jim

There is a freeware utility, GWX Control Panel, that disables all the win 10 nags. It has options, so you can select the items you want disabled. I finally resorted to using it when MS perverted the Windows Update system. I was preparing to manually edit the Registry when I found someone had already packaged the needed changes.

This is just one of the sites its available at. Download & run at your own risk.

Yep. That's the way to do it. I downloaded that to all 3 PCs, 2 Windows 7 and 1 Windows 8.1 Works perfectly. No more nag nag.

X3! The latest version is excellent. It completely erased all W10 files and downloads from my computers, and will not allow future downloads.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Hi Bob, here is the latest on preventing it: http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-existing-windows-users-can-refuse-microsofts-windows-10-update/

Jim's suggestion is well reviewed as excellent when downloaded from a safe location as Jim provided. I prefer knowing exactly which settings or other things were done in case of an update conflict down the road, and I need to reverse the changes. Note that it is not version 1.0, thus we can assume improvements have been made.

Either way should do fine. I just answered with what I referred to a few days back.

Hope that helps

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Good idea and information.
I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro.

It lost my Bluetooth mouse . . . and I now have to manually pair it each time I boot up or wake from sleep. No fix found as of yet.

Today, tried to use my RoadWarrior scanner - first time since the "upgrade" and. . .it won't work with Win 10 - and it used to work just fine with this computer.

And the "gain" from "upgrading" to Win 10: ZERO

If it ain't broke. . .

/rant

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Rich,

Don't take my response as a disagreement because the systems we all own are a wide variety of hard and soft ware. What brand and model is yours that's giving you a Bluetoothache?

I have found that Windows 10 has been an improvement on all my systems. Usually a bit faster but sometimes not, but always bringing some good beta apps and programs like Edge browser which is about to get some extensions. I won't use edge today but later when it has some more utility I think I will like the speed.

I waited almost six months from the first system I test upgraded to do my main top line desktop, to my wife's forced upgrade because she clicked on the wrong button, from an old Compaq Celeron single core laptop to quad core 15 and 17 AIOs (all in one desktops,) both 64 bit to 32 bit tablets, from 2GB of RAM to 8GB, and both AMD quad cores and Intel high end i processor quads, and fast quad core Intel Atom SoCs. I've had no issues that a new driver from the hardware vendor or the component vendor did not solve. Quite frankly, I would not go back on this high end i7 system with SSD and HD and 8GB RAM.

I am, like another friend here reminded me he is too, totally into touch screens on both my desktops and tablets. The laptops I just took in to refurb and sell, and I haven't gotten around to advertising my T200, two laptops and two desktops all upgraded to SSDs. We only are keeping our two top line AIOs, and our two Dell Venue Pro 2 64GB/2GB Atom Z3770 SOC, and Surface 3 Pro 128GB/4GB i5 tablets. I just replaced my wife's tower desktop with a new Lenovo AIO touch screen desktop. I can pull up the touch keyboard on the desktop when I want the degree and other symbols not on the standard keyboard like this 78° or • © €£µ½¶¦✅☑✌⬆⬆⬆. Not with a bunch of keystrokes or add-ons, just touch keyboard change to numbers and touch the symbol. The touch keyboard disappears automagically when I type on the regular keyboard again, but that is just one of a lot of options a touch screen has that you can't even find easily if at all without touch.. Using two hands I can do fast scrolls, pinch smaller larger etc. NO way to explain if you don't have touch. I bought the Surface Pro 4 typecover for my tablet but only use it as a cover, for more than touch tablet use like now I have the AIO desktop to use. But for folks using a Surface 3 Pro who are yet to buy a typecover, buy the Surface Pro 4 one. It is totally compatible, is backlit, and is a really impressive for both typing and using the touchpad and right and left mouse clicks built in.

Let me look and see if my sources have a solution for your driver issues.

Rich, you know you can do a complete factory restore using the factory keystrokes on boot to bring you back to from the box Windows 7, do your updates for days, and then load your programs and data. Then look above and use those techniques, either one, to keep from a forced upgrade to 10. 10 is supported much longer, I'd fix the Bluetooth if it were me. Or, if your hardware is getting long in the tooth, you might even want to factory restore yours, do the updates then sell it and get yourself some new hardware. I know I am extreme to others with my buying gadgets and upgrading my hardware so often, and buying, trying, and selling techies toys. But I spend less on my hobby than most folks down here spend a year on hunting and fishing, or going out to eat several times a week. I have friends that drop a couple thousand a week into gambling across the country, on cruises for poker tourneys, and don't claim to be ahead just that it is their relaxation, fun and entertainment. I don't drink or gamble but take no issue with those that do for fun. My hardware and tech toys only cost half because I sell the old stuff while it is still a year or two old, some a week or two. And I did do reviews on Amazon for some stuff I never wrote about here for only a free sample. Dang! I don't do that anymore. It takes a day to learn a new device and then hours to video and write it up on Amazon. Not worth my time, because it creates deadlines. I prefer to do the items I want, and play at my leisure. But I am still spending about $1500 a year for my recreation. I really need to do as Technomadia and others her have done elsewhere. Get paid for research, writing, testing. I don't have time to do my posts here and in a few other forums and go back to self employed. I don't like working for a slave driver who wants me to work 18 hours 6 and 7 days a week. That employer, self - , is worse than any "boss" I've had! ;)

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

What brand and model is yours that's giving you a Bluetoothache?

It's a Microsoft "Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000". One would think that Microsoft products would work together?

PM me if you come up with anything. I've already questioned on this website here: https://superuser.com/questions/1052704/microsoft-bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000-has-to-be-paired-every-time-on-windows-1

Computers are not a hobby for me and I don't enjoy unnecessary challenges from them.

Lesson learned. . .

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Obsessed? Obsessed???

I represent that statement!

Rich,

Sent PM with one possible solution and one sure solution. Pay or play.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived