Newest best deal for tablet

RV_

Edit Friday April 8 2016: Todays best deal is a killer in the last post in this thread or just click here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=122097&p=836989

The last one sold out before anyone got it and today this came up. It is the same system I have that is terrific in all ways except it isn't 1080p full HD, just 720HD, but a great screen. I used this model for two years, still have it waiting for me to get time to transfer all my pics and content to the new Surface 3 Pro. It's a detachable tablet/notebook hybrid. The specs are in the link just scroll down. It is a new system for $209.00 has a spare HD or SSD bay in the base. I put a spare 120GB SSD in it on mine. It also has a full size GB Ethernet port in the base, USB3.0, mini HDMI out, separate power and full size USB ports on the base dock, and Micro USB on the tablet.

Mine navigates using Maps in Windows 10 "All Apps" list and it works great! No paid for programs.

I have no financial or other interest in this company or eBay. I just saw this this morning in my BF Ads daily round up of hot deals I get daily. If you want to try one for minimal cost, this would be a great buy. I have one and it has been great. I upgraded to a Surface Pro 3 that is no more capable of replacing a laptop than this. They both can.

Oops!

Thanks Yarome!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391393137588?rmvSB=true

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

There seems to be some question about it having GPS and they do. Here is one guy that was having issues and fixed it without knowing what he did. http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t200-help/46649-broadcom-gnss-4752-geolocation-sensor.html

Mine worked out of the box. GPS = GNSS.

The T200s are also dual band WiFi.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Having three computers and a Smatbutt phone is enough for me to handle! One Acer E-15 upgraded to W/10; One Gateway NE_522 now with Linux Mint 17.3 KDE and XFCE on dual boot drives; A Dell Inpiron 12" With W/7 and a Kyocera Hydro Andoid 5.1.1 Smartphone with hotspot.

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Lou,

The day I posted they were on sale for $209.99 Jack and several others were offline with me discussing that price. They went up. Just like the last one I posted from Woot sold out in several hours. These deals are usually one day only or selling out the last of old stock. I got my Surface Pro 3 brand new for $500.00 and no one here asked if there were more until the following week. They were gone.

I just ordered a $155.00 retina IPS screen 64GB/2GB dual boot Windows 10/Android 5.1 tablet with everything on it. It takes about a month for them to get here from China so I'm holding off saying anything until it comes in to my friend and he brings it over for me to set it up for him. I'll pass it along if it is a good as the reviews.

The early bird gets the worm bud.

Newest best price is 244.99 for a new one here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Asus-Transformer-Pad-11-6-2-in-1-Tablet-T200TA-C2-BL-2GB-RAM-64GB-SSD/252304518527?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35828%26meid%3Dfbf8b6f420d04d02acad5d9f2aec66ba%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D391393137588&rt=nc

The one I'm testing next is this one. It appears to be the same retina screen used in the ipad but with an Atom quad and both full Windows 10 and Android.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_263284.html

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a Nextbook tablet at Walmart for $99.99:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-Flexx-10.1-2-in-1-Tablet-2-32GB-Quad-Core-Windows-8-Eligible-for-Free-Windows-10-Upgrade/44503405

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 with no problems. Great little tablet for the price.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

:wacko::wacko: I did it was in Walmart on the 7th of March and they had a Win 10 10.1" 2gb Ram; 32 gb SSD with a keyboard made by RCA on clearance for $78.00 +T. I have used it and so far like it. I have until the 21st to do a return but so far so good. It is handy when you don't want to drag around the 15.6" notebook which I like better! :D:D Just realized now that this is a touchscreen; although I don't like smudge marks band use an external wireless mouse and the keyboard!

Sounds like a good fit for you Pieere!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Yeah the Atom Z3735 is the cheapest high performance SoC today and is being used in everything. Tablets and minis as well as some of the hybrid and convertible laptops. That was an exceptional deal. If one cares to have a 10.1 " tablet and the removable keyboard as I do with my Surface Pro, and ASUS T200 that one was a steal for you. While I prefer the 64 GB SSD this one has 2 GB of RAM and has a dedicated micro USB for charging and a separate full size USB 2.0 port while a bit slower than USB 3 still gives this little guy the capability to hook up to an external drive, or a powered hub to use like a dock if one wants to use a full size USB receiver PC KB and mouse at any time. I also find the 11.6" size to be the sweet spot. But had I seen this I'd be recommending it for other than primary computer use, but in a pinch I could use it on an eye level stand and a full size wireless KB and mouse set using one USB receiver, and an external 1TB or 2TB drive. Then just plug the Audio cable in for 2.1 Stereo sound with sub and unless I changed my normal habits would be fast enough for me. My little Mini has the same SoC but needs a monitor and KB/Mouse, so I'm familiar with the capabilities of your chipset. I found the specs here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambio-10.1-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Intel-Quad-Core-Windows-10/45804382?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=45804382&placement_id=irs-2-m3&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=07e32b83-8779-46d2-9a21-30a16cd69ee5&customer_id_enc&config_id=2&parent_item_id=45804384&parent_anchor_item_id=45804384&guid=d3958137-92ca-42b9-bc35-a34ad5aa82d1&bucket_id=irsbucket003&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

If you go here you'll see my tablet stands and a variety of wireless KB/Mouse. On page three is an 8" tablet by Lenovo hooked up to a full size Acer KB and Mouse on a TV tray. I decided the small tablet was a no go and returned it because it had no HDMI out and only headphone/audio out and one micro USB port. I had to use a micro to female regular USB adapter cable to hook anything up. The other tablet is a Venue 11 Pro 10-8" tablet.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/RV_Roadie/library/Computer%20Toys?sort=3&page=3

So if at any time you wish it was elevated, get one of these because they are both exceptional build quality and engineering. Mine sits over my new office desk but can be moved in seconds to the kitchen for my wife's use. They make a different model to clamp onto a desk top. http://www.upperdesk.com/Default.asp

Here it is in use on a Windows update day when I pull out the unused yet to sell laptops and other systems to my desk. No I do not work with five screens. ON the right of the desk the 11.6" tablet is in the cabinet stand and the 10.8" is in its folio cover as a stand. None of these are necessary, but can be very useful if needed. I've done the testing and there are as many ways to elevate and use tablets as computers that many never get to experimenting.

post-1765-0-55399500-1458322019_thumb.jpeg

Very good buy, enjoy that tablet.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I just received my Amazon Fire 7" Tablet for $49...............Fantastic for reading email, watching Amazon movies (with WiFi), listening to music and reading books. I was using it this morning to read forums and it was great. I have a Kindle Fire, Ipad Mini 4 , MacBook Air and a few other laptops and my desktop PC.....But I find myself gravitationg to these 7" tablets more and more.

For $49 and a Amazon Prime membership ($99 a year) and a set of headphones...I'm in movie, music and book heaven!

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I agree. I must admit my dirty little secret. I saw a Fire 7" HDX the expensive one for sale on Craigslist because the person never used it and it was in a case like new. The price was embarrassingly cheap, and they started at $75. It has immediate help where I press the "Mayday button" and a tech comes on immediately, never waited more then ten seconds, and can't see me but I can see them live, and help me with a question or take control of my system and show me with drawing arrows and circling the things they want me to pay attention to as well. Unlimited cloud storage too! This model also made me eligible for free downloads of prime movies. Not just watching free, but downloading the complete movie free to watch where there is no WiFi. I use it as my Kindle reader too every day. My tablets are all 10.8" and 11.6" so too big for me to take to bed to read with. It stays in my bedroom because I do not want my email or other browsing or calls logged by Google, who still has their non privacy policy in effect if one of their programs is on a device. It replaced a touch kindle not the paperwhite, so is eminently better for that because of size and function. If not for the MayDay which I needed several times as I haven't used Android in several years, and the unlimited storage, and free borrowing of videos one at a time, I'd buy a 7" Windows tablet. For those functions it absolutely cannot be beat. It is here: http://www.amazon.com/kindle-fire-hdx-student-gaming-tablet/dp/B00BWYQ9YE They seel used on Amazon for $199.99. I think a lot of folks who bought Android tablets in the last three years or so really missed the boat on these.

No jack, I am not switching to Android. :lol::lol: I am selling our two old kindles now, got my wife a paperwhite on sale.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Derek, for serious reading the Paperwhite is the way to go...WAY easier on the eyes. Especially if reading in a dark environment. The tablets are great for short-term reading, but if reading for more than anhour or so, then the Paperwhite comes into its own.

For general consumption, I've settled on the 8" size as the best tradeoff in handling and usability. For consumption - not producing stuff. For reading the Paperwhite is very light and way easier to handle and the display is far better for READING.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Derek; Using this tablet for a few days has impressed me! Especially since I found how easy it it is to magnify the print! I also downloaded the Kindle app yesterday, now I need to try it out. I have to come into town to use WIFI; and am on the waiting list for the Library rental hot spot. I have one on my phone that costs me $70.00 mo. for 10 gb; so wean it so it last close to renewal.

Will let you know how my learning experiences go!! :D Thanks again!

Jack, I agree. Last upgrade cycle we did the kindles too as they had them on crazy sales. I got Lynn a Paperwhite to replace her plain kindle touch. I took her touch and retired my first gen kindle button controlled 6". Then I ran into a new condition still in warranty 7"HDX - $50! I use the auto bright to dim it up in the night and need no reading light anymore. I read before sleep maybe ten minutes to an hour, and ~30 minutes on waking. I didn't use it for anything but reading at first and you're right, it is less easy on the eyes, like any full HD tablet, but can work. I almost sold it for what I paid and friend got all over me and told me It sold originally for more than $250 and was worth more as Amazon was selling at a loss. He explained what I'd be giving away and after I started using Mayday to learn the version of Android on it, and watched a few HD movies offline I'd borrowed free I realized it was the perfect reader/entertainment center with my top shelf ear buds for doctor's offices and other waiting room situations like repair shops and using the RV. So I can deal with less than optimal. I may have to try my wife's paperwhite again. But this Amazon is as close to Google as I get, Amazon already has more information on me than Microsoft and is surely not interested in selling my info to competitors! ;)

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Jack,

The only Paperwhites for sale are the 6" ones. Are you talking about an 8" tablet for general consumption separate from the Paperwhite for reading? I actually liked my kindle that looked like this best and used my bedside reading lamp. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=button+kindle&qpvt=button+kindle&qpvt=button+kindle&FORM=IGRE

I currently own four KIndles. My old and perfect condition button one, the touch backlit, and the Paperwhite for my Wife and my FireHDX Tablet 7".

But let's remember we both have our 10" Windows 10 tablets for consumption and work, her 10.8" Venue pro and Dell Venue docking station, and my Surface Pro 11.6".

I've decided to sell the two older Kindles for $20 and $30 with cases because there is nothing used selling here with all the oil layoffs.

I just downloaded the Kingsoft Office suite free with PDF and tried the old tiny iClever Bluetooth keyboard on it and they work great together. I got it free for doing a review three years ago, recommended them highly on Amazon. It's the one on my rvroadie photobucket that I held over a traditional KB to show it is close.

I know the Paperwhite is best.

Update as I left this up without posting:

Jack!

Dagnabbit! It's not like I need another device here, but you got me in mid post to go look and I found the Amazon Kindle trade in program that will take my like new Kindle touch and my like new kindle button and they will give me 33.99 for the button one, and $26.30 for the touch. They supply free shipping labels too! When they receive them them an additional $20 gift card each that can only be used to purchase a new Kindle. I called and made sure I could apply all the trade in and bonus gift cards to one kindle new purchase and they said yes. That's $100.29 towards a $119.99 new Paperwhite.

Now I am getting rid of my perfect old ones and getting a Paperwhite for reading only and the Fire HDX for free storage and downloading movies on loan free among other things

The Trade-In program is here: http://smile.amazon.com/b/ref=ods_gw_d_h1_eink_TIB/ref=br_imp_ara-1?_encoding=UTF8&node=10825010011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-hero-kindle-A&pf_rd_r=0KDP76E6FYM1V9P4QWMX&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2434039402&pf_rd_i=desktop

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I just retired my iPad2. Replaced with a 10" Lenovo Tab2. Tablet response has been excellent compared to the iPad. Andriod transition from iOS hasnt been a big deal. Screen is bright and colors great. I found it on Amazon for $168 and free shipping.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

Derek, glad to see I could help you out there, my friend ;)

On the tablet side I was talking using the larger tablet (in my case a Samsung 8.4" Pro, with the better-than-retina display) for consumption and the Paperwhite for reading books. Other reading - websites, magazines, etc - is best done on the Samsung. But reading novels/books is great on the Paperwhite.

My T100 is not used a lot now. Mainly because the battery is about dead, and I have not investigated a new one, or the pragmatics of it. Actually, I'd like to upgrade to the 11.6" size....so "investing" in this one is not on the horizon. I may not do a hybrid, either, since I rarely separate the keyboard. Toshiba has a nice 11.6" unit that has a great display, and I've also looked at the Lenova mentioned above.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack,

I'm the opposite on keyboard use. I agree 100% on 11.6" (although Windows only) but we are 180° apart on keyboard use. Bear in mind I have Two desktops available here.

For new folks just starting with these great forums, Jack has both Android and Windows tablets and leans towards Android for his needs. I don't care what OS I use as long as it's Windows! ;) The rest is for the other readers on the fence about size and capabilities. And in tablets, size DOES matter. :lol: .

My two Galaxy Tab Android tablets the 10.1 and the 7" had no KBs but I connected them to a Logitech wireless USB receiver KB/Mouse set with the USB dongle but that tied up the charging port and the Adapter was unwieldy. I then got the docking station just before I went to the first Windows 8 hybrid detachable x2.

I went to Windows tablets because they load my Brother printer software for wireless remote printing, scanning into my Tablet, etc. Also because they use all the PC external hardware that I already own. Hard drives, powered and unpowered USB 3 hubs, HD docking stations, as well as four or five wireless Logitech Mouse and KB sets, and load all my programs just like my desktop, including Office 2010 Home and Biz.

I use a Brother DCP-7065DN All in one laser network printer full color scanner, copier with flatbed and sheet feeder for 85 bucks new from NewEgg. I heard horror stories of the printers with wireless built in. Since my last HP all in one inkjet three or four years ago, and this, I buy only printers that hook up to the Wireless router with a standard Ethernet cable. Then when I load the software on my Windows computers, tablet, laptop, desktop, they all connect wirelessly and turn the printer on automagically. Tat way any issues with wireless means i need to pull out my new AC 1900 router that has been on standby for six months since bought. I need the throughput but with the new place and having just recently gotten the office and LR set up with the new upgrades, it is on hold. I hate setting up a new wireless router.

With my x2 I kept the KB in a case and only took it our when I needed to connect a USB to it as it had nothing on the tablet but a micro HDMI, charging proprietary port, Headset port and SD Card slot max 32GB Gen 1.

Then with the Venue 11 Pro it had no KB, so was one of my wireless KBs if needed but never used as it has the full size USB 3 and other ports on the tablet! and 11.6" Full HD IPS. It went to Lynn when I got the T-200. She will not part with it and I got a brand new Dell Dock made for it for $35 on Ebay, and the 24 Watt power supply for $10.00 on Amazon from another brand.

The T200 (Still unsold) also had its KB put up. 11.6" and everything I wanted including full size USB3 on the tablet part along with everything else, and another two USB full size as well as a flip down full size Ethernet adapter. It even had the Z3795 which is about the same specs as the Surface 3 X7-8700, with a lightly lower HD capability at only 720. If you could find one of them, the KB is excellent, and the base has a 2.5" standard SATA drive bay. I would not buy it in the configuration with a 500 GB Hard drive, because a 500GB SSD is hovering just above and below on sale $100.00. I put a 100GB older SSD in it just because it was extra, and then I could accidentally bang it while running and both the primary SSD and the one in the bay are shockproof. But it had the 1280X800 standard 720pHD not full HD.

Thus it just got replaced by a new Surface Pro 3 i5/128/4. So now I am happy! Well, since it is a laptop replacement, and the Surface Pro 4 kb is compatible with backlighted kb, and great keys and typing to me, when I was in the local Best Buy talking to the sales guys I asked if the had any broken pro KBs for either the pro3 or 4? I just wanted a protective magnetic cover for travel. They had a customer-returned charcoal/black Surface Pro 4 KB they would sell for $90. I bought it, love it, put it in the plastic see through box in came in, and stored it in the KB and mouse drawer of my storage cabinet drawer. I use my Tablets for content and the Surface 3 Pro will likely be a keeper. I did use it at my desk when we had the recent storms that caused the floods and damage from winds recently. I just had the battery in my 5 year old APC UPS die. It is the 550, and did not remember to order the replacement battery until during the storms. I have a whole house backup genset so the UPS only has to keep the computer router modem and Magicjack phone working for the 15-20 seconds it takes for the generator to kick in. I wasn't worried about the Modem or wireless router because I already have their replacements. They were all on a surge protector strip, but I preferred to take no chances with my main system I finally have perfect. It even has my old model Fire TV hooked up to its HDMI in.

Anyway my thoughts are that I could have made do just fine with only the Surface Pro 3 as my main system, with the Pro 4 backlit typecover.

So I agree that 11.6" is best balance with weight for one handed tablet content use, or keyboard use. I never use the KB and if you have it attached when using a tablet like a notebook you may be different. I never used a laptop in my lap, in the LR they were totally awkward fro me on a TV tray, and I detest being immobilized by a lap desk. So think about use as a flip tablet with non detachable KB might be a pain in the arm. I'm selling all but our two All in one desktops, and out two Windows tablets one 10.8" and the Pro 3.

The Kindles are on our night stands. I love the weight, or lack thereof of the Paperwhite, but the FireHDX is so light it makes no difference. I have to wait until a friend comes over to see if they want the kindles with covers for 5 bucks over trade in. After using her Paperwhite last night I realized I liked the HDX better. For outside reading

And, the HDX, gives me a great temporary full HD Tablet backup as well for reading and Internet.

So I am set, for a while anyway. Now I need to upgrade my truck to a full size bed and my car to a newer model with better mileage soon. A truck and an Elio will work fine as Maggie can jump up anywhere, where Skylar who just died always had issues and forced me into a low large station wagon vehicle that the HHR filled perfectly. Maggie will be able to jump into my Elio easily.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

The $49 7" Amazon FIRE can be put into "Paperweight" mode for easy on the eyes reading. After using it now for a few days, I'm blown away by it. So far I've not found anything I might do on my Ipad that the FIRE won't do.And the battery seems to last for ever! I've been using it on and off, checking emails, browsing forums for two days and the battery is still at 50%

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I like my two Fire TV full size devices with Alexa voice assistant on the remotes. And the Fire tablet HDX7 and agree that they are a great buy.

If anyone else wants a decent and cheap tablet, today I got a sale price on the 7" Fire tablet with 8GB storage and WiFi for $28.89 here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00TSUGXKE/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&tag=bfblfrad-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

If anyone has both the Paperwhite and Fire HD I'd be interested in a comparison between them if the Fire is in "reading" mode. I'm especially interested in two things - the weight in your hand, and how tired your eyes get if reading for more than an hour on the Fire.

www.jackdanmayer.com

:wacko::wacko: I did it was in Walmart on the 7th of March and they had a Win 10 10.1" 2gb Ram; 32 gb SSD with a keyboard made by RCA on clearance for $78.00 +T. I have used it and so far like it. I have until the 21st to do a return but so far so good. It is handy when you don't want to drag around the 15.6" notebook which I like better! :D:D Just realized now that this is a touchscreen; although I don't like smudge marks band use an external wireless mouse and the keyboard!

I have decided to keep this unit! Works good for me!

Jack,
The Paperwhite is lighter as you know. But the FireHDX has auto display brightness that works perfectly. I could adjust hers to less bright, but that is manual on Her current model Paperwhite. I agree with this discussion: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx25UV9VYKHFW88

But for outdoor reading in sunlight, the Fire, even the HDX is terrible. I bought this case for my Fire HDX which makes it a tad heavier but is full protection and magnetic sleep wake sensor compatibility, and I lover the rotation and stand functions it has. However since I read indoors, not when fishing in case it turns into catching, I may buy the same light shell case for mine, and keep the other for when I take it on a trip: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OU6YIEE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I got this case for her Paperwhite: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IN0VE0O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

That case is awesome. It adds no perceptible weight, folds across the screen and is secured well by the wake/sleep magnet. The cover over the screen will not fold to make a stand, but is hard plastic lined with a durable soft lining for the screen. I like it because even if drooped on the screen side it is protected. It would likely survive being run over once, not that I'd try. Thinnest. lightest, and IMO best cover ever for a tablet like device with a glass screen.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived