rebuild PTC on air switches on dash

Fuzz

2001 Volvo 770...found some air leaks on the 3 switches,rear dump,hitch slider now used for air bags on hitch,and rear differential lock(not used).Took them out thought I would just put new "O" rings and maybe Collets..Nope.They don't seem to come apart like most of the other 1/4" inch PTC.

I pulled pretty hard on the Collets but they won't budge.Sure hate to buy new switches if I could put new O rings in them.

I 'm unable to find which line Black color is the feed to these..No more than they are used I would just a ball valve in that line and turn it on when needed..The leaks are very small but they are leaks

Any suggestions appreciated

Fuzz

2001 Volvo 770-2003 travel supreme36

Sibernut,let me know what they might cost..seem to be OK now trimmed the tubing ends and seemed to help.My email fuzzparten@juno.com

next question: have a couple lines (1/4" black) would like to plug off,they orginate on passthru so what to use to plug off or on end of line under dash...Thanks

Well it's back together except for some of the Tupperware.These particular leaks seem to stopped,Now after fiddling with the lines that barely reach when that panel is out.Everything seems to work EXCEPT...The switch to dump the rear suspension don't work...I labeled the lines when I too them off and double checked them again.Still not working.That switch will not exhaust any air when turning it on.The other two seem to work OK as far as exhaustin air.

I'm going to put the line from the inoop switch to another and see if it will dump the rear bags.Will try tomorrow.If any suggestion I'm all ears.

Thanks again all

If memory services me right the top is bleed, the center is to the device controlled and the bottom loop is air in, and the last switch to the right the loop out goes to the passenger seat, don't ask me how I know this. Sounds like you have the passenger seat air line connected to the bleed of the dump switch, to test try to air the passenger seat when the dump valve is engauged, then try it in the normal position,

Just my thoughts,

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Thanks Roger,I tried your suggestion,sure got me on the right track.Didn't work exactly as you said re seat etc,but I did have a couple of the lines swapped..Switched them around and Voila...it works...Sure appreciate the help.

Does it bother anybody else that mystery function swaps (with tags), with electrical wiring, have infected airline??? What do you suppose will be the next thing to cross over to the dark side of mystery relabels, quantity discrepancies, and other something....I forget

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived