Should all TVs in 2015 Fleetwood Bounder have access to Antenna and Home entertainment System

Backpacker

I picked up a new 2015 from the dealer last Saturday and discovered neither the TV in the bedroom, above the driver, nor the external TV are getting access to the antenna. In addition, only the main TV and the TV above the driver have access to the home entertainment system. Can anyone tell me what the standard setup for the TVs I should expect? Right now, it appears neither the TV in the bedroom nor the external TV have any source to be other than decoration on the wall.

All the TVs should have OTA access. The OTA antenna runs to splitter with a run to each TV.

The Sound System should have a HDMI splitter to drive the Main TV, Front TV, and External TV.

The Rear TV has a provision for a satellite receiver.

Send an email to me in my signature and I can send you a drawing.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I think that you need to go back to the dealership and have then show you the selector switch for the TVs and how to use it. There should be a box of the sort in the image, or similar to it that is located somewhere in the RV.

winegard_video_switchbox_vs5312A.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Those switch boxes are no longer used. Digital TV has made them obsolete. No more VCRs, Coax switching is just useless.

That is why HDMI splitters are being used along with the multiple inputs on current LCD TVs.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

In my opinion, this should have been thoroughly covered in your pre-delivery inspection. No dealer should allow a customer to drive off the lot without being given instructions on the operation of all systems. If, indeed, the tv's are not operating properly, that would have been caught during this inspection.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

In my opinion, this should have been thoroughly covered in your pre-delivery inspection. No dealer should allow a customer to drive off the lot without being given instructions on the operation of all systems. If, indeed, the tv's are not operating properly, that would have been caught during this inspection.

I was trained but I'm also a senior citizen. My biggest problem is the Defaults of the sound system. It starts on TV, so I have to change it to HDMI and about 20 seconds later I have to again change it to HDMI. After that I can put two remote away and enjoy watching with one remote. Yes one problem was found at the shakedown and corrected, it was a loose connector but in the wire bundle only one loose connector after being pulled hundreds of miles is amazing.

I'm still reading manuals trying to understand more details

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Those switch boxes are no longer used. Digital TV has made them obsolete. No more VCRs, Coax switching is just useless.

That is why HDMI splitters are being used along with the multiple inputs on current LCD TVs.

Ok so how do you switch from cable from the park, satellite feed ,over the air?

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

By switching TV inputs on the TV Source menu.

Satellite comes in one of the TV HDMI inputs.

Park cable and OTA come in on the TV antenna input. You select between Park Cable or OTA by the button on the OTA amplifier plate.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I picked up a new 2015 from the dealer last Saturday and discovered neither the TV in the bedroom, above the driver, nor the external TV are getting access to the antenna. In addition, only the main TV and the TV above the driver have access to the home entertainment system. Can anyone tell me what the standard setup for the TVs I should expect? Right now, it appears neither the TV in the bedroom nor the external TV have any source to be other than decoration on the wall.

Take it back to the dealer and say show me how this works or fix it.

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

I want to provide an update in case this resolution is useful to others.

The dealer has agreed that all 4 TVs should have access to the OTA antenna. With the exception of the main TV they do not. When I select "TV" as the input source on the remaining TVs the display blinks "Antenna" before giving me a "No Signal" display. Since the main TV has access to the OTA antenna and because the (Antenna/Cable) selector display light is green, indicating the OTA antenna is selected, this is apparently a punch list item for the dealer to resolve.

With respect my not getting power to the TV's from the Magnum Inverter, Upon reading your responses, I realized that I had not remembered my "walk through" training to turn the inverter on to get battery power. All interior TVs had power but not the exterior one. Fortunately I found a You Tube interview of a Fleetwood factory rep in which he said the exterior TV should have power from the inverter as well so I will be asking the dealer to fix that as a warranty item.

While I am overall very happy with my purchase, I have been frustrated by the lack of documentation for the inverter and its remote control, the interface and dependencies between the electrical system and appliances, and the interface between each of the TVs and the OTA and home entertainment system.

I do not consider this a dealer problem; it is a failure on the part of the manufacturer. I highly recommend that they provide their own video walk through for repeated reference by owners as well as complete written documentation. I was allowed to video record the short training session with the dealer tech but, there were some important gaps because I certain controls were in dark or difficult to view locations.

Again, I am very happy with my purchase and with the dealers reps' efforts to be of assistance but the dealer sells a lot of different class A motor coaches and can not be expected to be a complete technical expert on each manufacturer, model, and year. That expertise is best provided by the manufacturer and most efficiently rendered via training videos and complete written documentation. Hopefully, they will hear this message and take action on it.

We have a Bounder 33C on order. I was surprised that when I contacted Fleetwood parts for drawings on the audio-visual systems, they sent 11 drawings. I was trying to solve how I would fit a Dish Hopper into the existing wiring. They did this even though I didn't have a VIN number yet.

This is why I knew how the TVs were supposed to work.

I hope my delivery goes better than yours did.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Archived