Discount Tire

SWharton

We were somewhat surprised today. Our toad was registering low on one tire. We took the toad to Discount Tire. The tech took our car immediately into the shop, found the nail, plugged the hole and within an hour had it back to us. Best thing was no charge. Is this normal? We have never been to a Discount Tire before.

We've always had excellent service at Discount Tire . Flats repaired or new ...

Never a charge for flat repair . I'm not sure if that has to do with liability or simply good business practice . Basically : How you treat others is how you will be treated . The Golden Rule .

Goes around , comes around .

I have used Discount Tire in Illinois, Oregon, Arizona and Texas with excellent results and fair prices each time. I don't even shop around, just make an appointment.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

I'm also a Discount Tire fan. Here's why...

We bought new tires for our toad from Discount Tire in 2014, and purchased their road hazard protection.

A couple of months ago, we got an unrepairable flat in a remote area of Idaho. Because we had Discount Tire's road hazard protection, we were entitled to a new, matching tire at no cost. Unfortunately, the closest Discount Tire location was in Boise, about 200 miles away, and we hadn't planned to reach Boise for a couple of weeks.

I called Discount Tire and asked for help. They told me to buy the cheapest tire locally that would get us safely back on the road, and bring the receipt and the unrepairable flat to their shop when we got to Boise, and they would have a new matching tire ready to mount. We did, they did, and they reimbursed us for the temporary tire. Our out of pocket was zero, and we didn't need to change our plans. I was very impressed!

David

It is great to see companies doing this sort of thing. We frequent Les Schwab and they do the same thing. First time they did this I was amazed. Really nice. And now I will stop at Discount Tire if needed. Thanks for sharing. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Discount Tire has fixed a flat & mounted a trailer tire at no charge. Consequently, I bought my Michelin XPS Ribs from them for the trailer. Now, my Subaru needs tires.

The Asst. Mgr suggested I check Tire Rack as Discount tire will match their price. The difference between discount Tire and Les Schwab is that Discount Tire actually has some brands

that I would be comfortable running. Nothing at Les Schwab is made outside China. Great service, Junk tires.

We use Discount Tire now. When they first opened long ago I had a problem where they left a pop top tab in a tire with a tube. It failed after about 150 miles. Discount Tire wouldn't cover the expense. However, their service is vastly improved and they have even price matched ATV tires on the Internet. The only problem we have now is the local store is so crowded the wait time is usually hours long.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

One thing to remember, giving the tech that fixed your flat $10 or $15 as a "Thank You" is VERY much appreciated by them. It was back in my high school days when I was busting tires and it still is now. The only difference is that back then we only got $1 or 2$....

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I was very surprised when I had a flat repaired at Discount Tire when I moved to this area and there was no charge. I was told that one of the other tires was also low but when they checked (by removing and bubble testing) they could find no leak. I found the tech and tipped him. I pumped gas MANY years ago and always tip for service.

I have sent several other people there for tires and flat repair. Prices and service are always good and no junk tires.

Have been going there now religiously now for almost 20 years, still great service.

have fun. And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

It is Discount Tire for me, period for the Toad. Extremely great service and reasonable tire prices. They even let me give back a new set of tires after I drove from Houston to New Orleans and back. After the trip, I went back to Discount Tire and mentioned the tires were very noisy. We picked a quieter tire and they installed them. No issues at all, just a great company.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Archived