Things other RVers or campers do that PLEASE you.

sandsys

Keeping your pets to yourselves. Not everyone loves your pet like you do. Example .... We had some neighbors park near by here in Q...too close considering all the room out here and promptly let their 2 dogs run loose as well as their cat. The rules in this 14 day area specifically state to keep pets on leash at all times. Their dogs and cat were in our campsite....we did Not appreciate that.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

When we were first starting out, we made mistakes. I appreciate the fact that in every instance, someone was johnny-on-the-spot to give us a hand, some advice, or, at the minimum, sympathy. I have found that other RVers are eager to be of help and to share their knowledge. Now that we're pretty "seasoned", we try to repay that kindness that we received in our learning year.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be very difficult for me to peg just 1 thing other rv'ers/campers do that pleases me. I find just in general that rv'ers/campers are more friendly and courteous than most of the general population. LOL I also very much enjoy seeing younger rv'ers/campers with their children. It brings back many fond memories of a simpler time when my parents took us camping as children.

safe travels. :)

Sniper & Sweet P

Escapees 124743 H.O.C. 1371

We have had no negative issues yet and really enjoy meeting other campers, their kids and their dogs. Life is way too short to get "torqued" over the little stuff. A lot of people on this planet are just talking monkeys based on the way they act.

As a wounded, Purple Heart recipient, I have lost friends in combat who I'm sure would love to still be alive and enjoy the sunsets. Relax and enjoy the show that is the human race.

Roger and Barbara

On the pale blue planet, retired and happy.

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax DRW

While I must admit that over the many years we have been RVing there have been a few cases of a neighbor who played music too loud or didn't pick up after their dog and similar such offenses, there have been so many more good experiences that I just choose to remember the good ones and forget about the bad.

Reading this brings back one of the more memorable experiences that our lifestyle has brought to us. We were just getting started in our first experience as campground hosts and we watched as 4 RVs rolled in as a group, all displaying the Escapee logo on their RVs. I commented to Pam that we would have to drop by and introduce ourselves at some point. That was early afternoon so I went about my business when about 3 pm there was a knock on our door and when opened, there stood a lady from one of the arriving RVs. She handed me a card and asked us to please come, then left. Looking at the card it had an Escapee logo on it and announced that social hour begins at 4pm and hand written was the site number and a note to bring our own chairs.

We walked down at 4 pm and were welcomed by our visitors, to what was our first Escapee social hour. Since that we have learned that 4 pm social hours are the practice at all Escapee parks, but at that time we had never stayed in any of the Escapee parks. We had a great time an visited several times with those folks and they played a major role in our becoming active and committed members of the Escapee's RV Club.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good post Kirk. Mrs. HP and I were talking about getting some cards made up and this is another reason to do so. Does Escapees have a policy against using their logo on personal business type cards to give out to other campers?

Roger and Barbara

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

I'll probably get hate mail for this but people that keep their dog on a leash make us happy. One too many dogs attacking: us, our pets, our items, barging into our rv has made us pretty sour about other dog owners. We're at a point where we are considering pressing charges (per state laws) or more drastic measures if we are attacked again. People think they have well behaved dogs until something they've never seen etc etc sets the dog off. Please keep them leashed, especially in the campgrounds.

People that wave, nod, and smile at other campers make a place more community-friendly feeling. Although, there was the one guy that flipped us off after nodding and smiling. Bad days happen.

People that ask if you need help when doing mechanical chores are refreshing. No one has ever taken us up on our offer to help. *shrug*

People that keep their tv/music down to their site are delightfully considerate.

We've been in quite a few bad PNW storms. Twice we rallied to aid RVers due to trees falling on the RV. We had several fall on us our first year on the Oregon coast, and everyone came out to help out. Love helping fellow campers.

We like people that consider how they park might create problems for RVs/toads/etc that need to pull in, back up, get out, get around. I'm the driver and do my best to consider such things as it is truly a pain in the back side to wake someone at 1am to get them to move so you can get out and to the doctors pronto! Far as I know, I park well, but once I didn't get in far enough so a nice lady let me know I might be blocking others. I appreciate tips!

Campers that respect your camp site by not walking/riding bikes through the site. We like our privacy and frankly, privacy can be hard to get in an RV and campground. I don't walk 6" close to your RV and peak in your windows, so please don't do it me. I can't be held responsible for the sights you see when you play walkbypeepingTom. :)

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

She handed me a card and asked us to please come, then left. Looking at the card it had an Escapee logo on it and announced that social hour begins at 4pm and hand written was the site number and a note to bring our own chairs.

Kirk will probably return but regarding the Escapee logo cards: We used to have some and I think we got them either at an Escapade or at Quartzite at their booth. I don't know if they still offer them.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Good post Kirk. Mrs. HP and I were talking about getting some cards made up and this is another reason to do so. Does Escapees have a policy against using their logo on personal business type cards to give out to other campers?

Kirk will probably return but regarding the Escapee logo cards: We used to have some and I think we got them either at an Escapade or at Quartzite at their booth. I don't know if they still offer them.

There used to be cards that were available in the Escapee store for this purpose and they were very cheap, or perhaps even free. Some years ago I was told that they were discontinued from a lack of demand. On the use of the club logo, I am not sure of this but I believe that we can get an official response to be sure.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I just saw the best example of the best of RVrs. The RV park we are in is right on the edge of the French Broad River. Water is normally about 15 feet out our back window.

Tuesday night the river jumped her banks at 1:30 am. Riverside rigs had to evacuate. There were two rigs that did not have tow vehicles. Folks not affected used their TVs to hook up to those two rigs and pulled them to safety.

Everyone was helping and making sure all who were affected were safe and sound.

That's what RVers do that PLEASES me...

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!! Hugs, & HAPPY NEW YEAR. Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

One thing that has stayed in my mind for a long time and see almost daily, is that "Rver's are always willing to lend a helping hand" Whether it is help parking a rig, installing a new thing ( antenna, fridge, A/c, generator, sealing a roof, changing awning just to name a few), or using that helping hand to just wave and acknowledge a new person/couple/family. It is the genuine want to help and share knowledge and generosity that pleases us more than ever.

Thanks for starting this thread!! It is a great topic being used to teach others and thank others as well!!

Thanks for all the help we have received in the past and it is our pleasure to help others when needed!!

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

I agree with the above posts and was impressed by the RVers pulling the two rigs out of harms way.

And we wish all here a very Happy and safe New Year.

Roger and Barbara

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

Archived