Dampness under mat

SuiteSuccess

I've had the seats out of ours three times. Yes, they're heavy. So is the mat. Takes Susan and I about 2 hours to take out the seats and mat, including door sills and dog house. It's a lot quicker now than it was the first time.....

On my dog house are two depressions for sitting a cup or can of your favorite beverage. The left one collects water. Can't find any other water in the cab. Strange............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Carl,

I hope your project is going good. A thought come to my mind. You said that you found some ooze on the right side of the truck. A few year ago I had a small leak coming from a valve for the heater. It was on the right side of the truck. Try to rule out that the ooze is not anti-freeze. You are doing all this work and every possible source of water needs to be ruled out. If you are going to spray flex seal or something like that on the bottom of the mat use your safety equipment. That stuff smells.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Al,

Remembered your problem so took right side of dash off and all looks well. Doghouse was solidly stuck down all around so ended up with some clear Flex Seal all around. Gonna reattach driver's seat without mat tomorrow and take home for the "hose" test. Forgot to do dollar test on door seals but will also do that tomorrow. Checked drain at bottom of air filter and it was ok. This has been a job!

Oh, took me two hours to drill out broken seat bolt and re-tap. Word to the wise. Don't try to muscle out seat bolts. The heads will twist off. Mine were in with Loc-Tite blue from previous owner.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Come on Carl, you are "semi" retired. What else do you have to do for 2 hours but drill and tap holes??

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Come on Carl, you are "semi" retired. What else do you have to do for 2 hours but drill and tap holes??

Hey Phil, you obviously haven't heard the news. TOTALLY RETIRED

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Well, I found a big leak in our truck yesterday........

We drove to London, KY Monday and traded 5ers. Got home Monday evening at dark:30 and parked it. It rained all night, about 4", with a driving wind. Got the shop to find the driver's door wasn't fully closed. I got a wet a$$ moving the rig to the shop for cleaning.

Mother Nature will always win against dumb, and tired.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Well failed the hose test but found my leak. You know can't see the forest for the trees. Well pic two shows a hole in the firewall I thought communicated under the cab. Pulled the right dash off again, saw trickle of water and lo and behold that open 3/4" hole communicated with the cab (pic 1). Will show fix in next post as I couldn't find a solid grommet in town so improvised.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

My improvised fix for $4.50. Re-hosed and no leaks.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

What a pro!

Yeah, only had to take the dash off twice, lol!

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Yeah, only had to take the dash off twice, lol!

Hey Carl,

I am glad you found that hole. I like your idea on fixing the hole.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived