recommended dash cams

bags

I am interested in getting a dash cam. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have been looking at this one. http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00NG84AT0/ref=sr_cm_cr_acr

Thanks

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I have the Garmin and it gives very good pictures. I tried to post a video her but can't and the link I tried to a Google page didn't work either so you just have to take my word for it. It's easier to see the video on the Windows 10 than it was on the Windows 7 computer.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I am interested in getting a dash cam. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have been looking at this one. http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00NG84AT0/ref=sr_cm_cr_acr

Thanks

JB

That's the same one I have. Rather than using the large suction mount it comes with, it also comes with a small adhesive mount that sticks directly to the windshield that the camera clips onto. Stick it behind the rear view mirror and it is very small and unnoticeable even from the exterior. I have a 32 GB micro SD card in it and it holds 8 hrs of looped video so I always have the last 8 hrs of whatever happens. (I also have one on the rear window recording whatever happens behind me.) If you get hit (Or you slap it) it locks that segment from being overwritten.

It takes great Hi Res video day and night and auto offs when you stop. (Either from lack of motion or turning off power.)

It has been a true "set it and forget it" for the last 6 mos and it has always been recording when I periodically check it.

Excellent review of this cam:

DuffMan,

Thank you very much. Looks like I found my camera.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I've had a G1W-C for some time. I'm happy with it. I've been able to save clips and post them easily so it must be pretty user friendly (since I'm pretty inept with a computer). I like that it doesn't have a battery. I drive lots of different cars and am constantly switching it from car to car to trucks and the mount is very easy and seems pretty durable.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Archived