SoCa Ocean View Park Suggestions Please

travelinbob

Looking for a campground/park/resort right on the beach or in view of the beach for a week over Christmas in Southern California. I found many state park beaches but none have electric hook ups. Water and sewer is no problem as we can stay a week without dumping but must have electric.

Any Suggestions...please and thank you.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

We haven't stayed here but know of other who have. For Christmas week I'd suggest a fast reservation somewhere. Good luck!

http://www.chulavistarv.com/

This is a nice park. We stayed there a few years ago for Christmas. Quiet and there is a park with ocean access right behind the park. There is a Marina next door with a restaurant next door. I haven't eaten there but gets good reviews.

Linda & Robin
Buddee (Cavalier)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta 29'
2008 Vue (toad)
My blog

Campland On The Bay in San Diego is right on the water. You can rent paddle boards etc and they have a beach in addition to 2 pools and 3 hot tubs.

We have stayed there for Christmas week twice. Lots of activities, amenities and a casual free dance on New Years Eve.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I suggest that you make sure that any park you make reservations in knows that you will have 4 dogs as such limits are very common and as such some employees might fail to mention the rule.

I would also suggest that you do some research on county or regional parks as those are pretty common in that area and we have found them to be quit nice. The catch is going to be your requirement of a beach view for those.

San Diego County parks Los Angeles County parks ..Santa Clara County parks

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I suggest that you make sure that any park you make reservations in knows that you will have 4 dogs as such limits are very common and as such some employees might fail to mention the rule.

I would also suggest that you do some research on county or regional parks as those are pretty common in that area and we have found them to be quit nice. The catch is going to be your requirement of a beach view for those.

San Diego County parks Los Angeles County parks ..Santa Clara County parks

I agree with Kirk on this.......We almost always use county campgrounds in the area for weekend camping trips. Most of them are a lot nicer than the state parks in the area and cheaper.....also easier to get into.....but no ocean access.....but some have lakes. example Santee Lakes east of San Diego you can camp right on one of the lakes if you get your reservation early enough.

Linda & Robin
Buddee (Cavalier)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta 29'
2008 Vue (toad)
My blog

I lived and was stationed in that area for many years, here are my suggestions that will definitely satisfy your quest..

Here are some suggestions if you are a "NON MILITARY" affiliated civilian...

1). San Onofre, Ca

2). San Clemente, Ca

3). Oceanside, Ca

4). Carlsbad, Ca

5). EncInitas, Ca

6). Solana Beach, Ca

If you are active duty Military or retired military, these bases will do you good!

1). Camp Pendelton, Ca

2) Point Loma, Ca

3) Coronodo, NAS ( Seal Beach)

Good luck!!

The Few

Please do yourself a "big" favor and do the research into each of the parks mentioned. This time of the year it is a very big challenge to get "something close" to the beach in SoCal. Reservations at some of the above mentioned parks fill up months in advance and are very coveted.

Please do yourself a "big" favor and do the research into each of the parks mentioned. This time of the year it is a very big challenge to get "something close" to the beach in SoCal. Reservations at some of the above mentioned parks fill up months in advance and are very coveted.

Off line question?

I have always seen the abbreviations "DW", and can't for the life of me figure out how it correlates..

The Few

We just retired and left San Diego but $85 a night on the beach at that time of year is CHEAP!! Look at Campland on the Bay prices on their website campland.com. $128 a day plus $3 a day per Dog, reservation fees etc. etc. Even Santee Lakes santeelakes.com which is about 20 miles inland from the beach is $50 a night plus $1 a pet.

California's Coast is in high demand all year round and you will have to pay for the privilege of camping there.

There are a couple of Thousand Trails parks in the San Diego area if you are a member and some of the County Parks are reasonable but many are only partial hook ups but book early!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Chula Vista RV Resort isn't on the beach. It's on the south end of San Diego bay, but it's a nice place. And Campland on the Bay, is on Mission Bay. I don't know of any actually on the ocean, and I'm from the Imperial Beach area.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

You might want to check in the Temecula area. It's a reasonable drive into the city for day trips and the cost would be more reasonable.

Near Temecula is the Escapees park - Jojoba - a beauty. Check it out.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived