Slides-In Photos

NoDirectionHome

The slide space when retracted will be different on each model. What models are you looking at?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I should have said "interiors with the slides retracted. I'm looking at Forks, New Horizons & DRV, but just want to see what you need to climb over or squeeze through to get something if needed from the trailer.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

You probably need to print 2 copies of the floor plans, cut out the slides from one of them, then lay them on top of the other plan with them in the closed position to simulate them in the closed position to see what you can access.

It probably is hard to take a picture with the slides closed and probably is not a common request.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

It really depends on the floor plan you go with. This will be the deciding factor on what is accessible when the slides are in. Without knowing what floor plan you will have, we cannot come close to answering your question.

For example, if there is a center island plan on not being able to access anything from the center island back without climbing over the island. Also, any cabinets below the top of the island will be completely inaccessible until one or both slides are extended.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Not sure if this will help but here is what I did with a situation where when retracted there wasn't enough room to get thru on either side of the island. A new Island was made to slide on 1/4" thick strips of Teflon type material. The cabinet overhangs the toekick 2" at the back which is normal and 1" at the front.

The toekick was fastened to the floor with bolts that are half wood thread on one end and metal thread on the other. The wood thread went into the floor and the metal thread came thru a slot in the bottom of the toekick. This allows the unit to be slid 6" one way or the other. The spacing and locations are such that the bolts are always covered by the kick. Nothing shows when the cabinet is moved one way or the other.

An extra 6" is given which leaves no space on one side and xtra 6 on the other. This when prior there wasn't enough to get thru on either side.

If you want I can draw and scan or take pics and e-mail them to you. 2 of the pics will show the 2 locations of the island when slides are out.

I won't get to wordy here as it will muddy the waters but it does work and it is structurally sound.

If you don't have an island this will be of no help.

Thanks all. I'm not trying to solve a problem Roger, just doing some planning. I will use Star Dreamers idea of laying out the floor plans. (actually i will have some of the young guys that work for me do that, bc they take 1/5 the time I do). They will probably animate the slides knowing them.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

• 2 months later...

Actually, one of my "must have's" when purchasing my trailer...have to get to the bathroom, ice box and bed without opening the slides.

This was the reason we bought our DRV. On the 38RSSA, I can access all three with the slides in.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived