Is the heat going up in the cold war?

Cyberdave

First Bears flying close to and inside our ADIZ (Air Defense Identication Zone) and now since late April, there have been increasing incidents of intercepts on RC-135 Reconnisance aircraft and a destroyer in the Black Sea area.

The Cold war seems to getting warm again... And those pesky A-10's are there to boot.

Russian Su-27 Fighters Intercept US RC-135 Intelligence Aircraft

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Nice time to be demoralizing the military troops, reneging on past promises, and dropping funding. Sigint on Americans isn't going to help with a threat like Putin on one side, ISIS on another, and China becoming aggressive with their new prosperity that we support to this day. HumInt is sorely lacking.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Going back to the first guy that picked up a rock and bonked his neighbor, if you look weak or indecisive you are going to get pushed.

Look at the South China Sea for another trouble spot, China pushed and nobody pushed back hard enough to be convincing and they are now building a permanent base to dominate the area. A lot harder to push back against well bunkered anti-ship and surface to air missiles than it would have been to push the original lightly armed small force they sent out.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Our horrible president has his priorities all wrong. While he is wanting to take every illegal alien that comes here and give them all the things we Americans have worked so hard to attain he is not paying attention to the really important stuff like Russia, China and the terrorists that threaten our country everyday. Senior military officers are being run out and being replaced by inexperienced untested ones. We are ripe for the picking if some other country really wants to test us.

Gary & Penny

2015 Lance 1172

2005 Chevy 3500

2013 Bass Tracker 190 Pro Team

Our horrible president has his priorities all wrong. While he is wanting to take every illegal alien that comes here and give them all the things we Americans have worked so hard to attain he is not paying attention to the really important stuff like Russia, China and the terrorists that threaten our country everyday. Senior military officers are being run out and being replaced by inexperienced untested ones. We are ripe for the picking if some other country really wants to test us.

Please keep it non-political!! This post is about the increasing threats and NOT about who is running what. So please edit the politics out.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

The sky is falling the sky is falling, everybody run to the cave!

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

Interesting viewpoint.

There is no war in the Middle East?

China isn't building islands, runways and defense in 'disputed' (by them) waters?

Putin isn't sabre rattling?

You have choices, stick your head in the sand or pay attention to world events. They are real and it sounds familiar to a lot of us that had to be prepared. Russia has never been afraid to flex it's muscle and neither is China.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

We haven't done anything like we did in the Ukraine to Russia before either. Conditions, particularly for ethnic Russians after our meddling there have given Putin a bully platform to stand on as he pushes for all he can grab. Russian desire for a warm weather port is another factor pushing them to be more aggressive. Him having Europe by the short hairs over their need for Russian natural gas isn't making him any more reasonable either.

I'm so angry over our actions (going back many years) in the middle east and the bitter harvest we are reaping there I find it hard to discuss without anger. Sometimes a bit of dark humor helps: http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/06/pentagon-to-supply-isis-directly/

The problems we are facing today may well come to a head as similar ones have in the past when someone grabs so much the other side feels they have to fight to prevent it from being taken. An error in calculating how much is safe to grab or a sudden realization that your appearance of weakness has suddenly cost you too much is how the bullets start flying. Better a clear line that both sides can see and take into account than a blurry one leading to error and warfare.

While I'd not say the sky is falling I would say that if you look at history we are putting ourselves in a situation similar to ones we have been in and that have not turned out well.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

"While I'd not say the sky is falling I would say that if you look at history we are putting ourselves in a situation similar to ones we have been in and that have not turned out well."

Well, put.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

X2! Thanks Stan.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Just wish more people could see this post and understand where we are going as a country. We need a lot more of these conversations to wake up most people. Well put guys. You guys served a very long time in the military and have a much better understanding than most. Your input is greatly appreciated, and interesting.

I did my time and moved on. Thank you for your input. all of you!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

The sky is falling the sky is falling, everybody run to the cave!

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

We haven't done anything like we did in the Ukraine to Russia before either. Conditions, particularly for ethnic Russians after our meddling there have given Putin a bully platform to stand on as he pushes for all he can grab. Russian desire for a warm weather port is another factor pushing them to be more aggressive. Him having Europe by the short hairs over their need for Russian natural gas isn't making him any more reasonable either.

I'm so angry over our actions (going back many years) in the middle east and the bitter harvest we are reaping there I find it hard to discuss without anger. Sometimes a bit of dark humor helps: http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/06/pentagon-to-supply-isis-directly/

The problems we are facing today may well come to a head as similar ones have in the past when someone grabs so much the other side feels they have to fight to prevent it from being taken. An error in calculating how much is safe to grab or a sudden realization that your appearance of weakness has suddenly cost you too much is how the bullets start flying. Better a clear line that both sides can see and take into account than a blurry one leading to error and warfare.

While I'd not say the sky is falling I would say that if you look at history we are putting ourselves in a situation similar to ones we have been in and that have not turned out well.

Selahs' post sounds just a little humor to brighten the day! Although the world is in a sad state. I applaud Stan as i always try and read everyones posts. The world throughout times past in recorded history has always been in conflicts. We are always being told by educators that it is OK to agree to disagree, but when we do conflict results whether it be in the social circle, work place, world affairs; etc. etc. JMHO: I try to do my best to vote and hopefully the persons I voted for have enough sense to make wise decisions. I try to stay peaceful with my social, work and personal relationships. Don't know if i made sense; but Good Day All!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Veterans are great but a high number of us are woefully uninformed and lash out based on emotion without seeing a bigger picture. As far as I can see actions by multiple administrations are a partial cause for the fix we are in going all the way back to at least the 70's. We have empowered China among others while swatting at fleas like Cuba. Both were communist but which is the bigger threat.Some issues are the luck of the draw like Putin gaining control vs someone like Gorbachav or Yeltsin. We spent a ton of cash on the middle east and helped create problems for ourselves and openings for those that want to get the best of us (US). It is complicated with no easy fix or a one fix solves all problems. All this fighting amongst ourselves just makes it worse. "They" all notice it and use it accordingly. It stuns me how short sighted we can be.

Yep Jim.

My grad degree was in International relations and the same issues and choke points keep reverberating throughout history. It is like a 500 year seesaw cycle. But Russia in search of a warm water port and lording their natural gas supplies over Europe, while they also keep an eye out to their South and East. If you scan this list of Airliners shot down chronologically, things are actually down as far as the norm of shooting down airspace invaders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airliner_shootdown_incidents

I think the difference now is the politics injected into everything as personal agendas put being right, above doing right. As long as one can be right, doing right is not a consideration. Kindness and compassion as well as tolerance to our fellow citizens cannot return until the fearful stop their pretend persecution.

We are all pretty safe in our little patch of earth. Especially compared to the starving, and those living under despotic regimes like N. Korea. There are a lot of people without electricity. But we all share one spaceship Earth, hurtling through a filled universe expanding out ever out. We could be exterminated between this word I am typing and the next, by an asteroid or a sudden nova of the sun. The Yellowstone Caldera could blow, and there is little doubt the climate change is having a serious effect on our worldwide weather.

Then we continue to have these standoffs. When we could work together. But as said, we don't even work together here. I think lots of folks don't realize that when they poison the well of another, they poison all our water. Metaphorically speaking.

I never had the kinds of crazy attempts to take back what we earned, to the degree it is happening today to the active, reserve, vets and retired vets.

Now is never a good time to disenfranchise the military. Regardless of when now is.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Harry Truman as president, and how I perceived the the world then(I was 10). Today is something I never imagined would come to be. I am glad I'll not live to see what happens to/in my grandchildren's world.

Until now, no democratic society survived more than around 200 years, and it looks like our end is in sight_for my grandchildren.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My first prez was Kennedy that I rememeber well, I was 10 when he was elected being born in '52. Some have lasted longer http://direct-democracy.geschichte-schweiz.ch/ But ours is struggling now with revisionism and the wave of nationalism that historically precedes dictators and totalitarianism.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived