Another one bites the dust

LindaH

I believe I know why Excel could not make it in this economy. They were able to survive with "times were hard," but now, when times are really good, and when just about everybody seems to have plenty of money, ---- people that once would have bought a "high dollar" quality 5th wheel are now buying motor homes! What do you think? C. S.

With all of the younger families going into RVing, they just want BIG and lots of bunks, with not much consideration of reliability. A lot of people that are retiring do not have the money to put into a higher end RV,

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

They sure were nice units. I was in one in December and just opening and closing drawers and cabinets, things felt solid. I am glad I did not purchase although I am not sure how much practical difference that would make. It just would not be a good feeling, I was wondering if they would make the switch to aluminum stud construction but apparently they had other things on their minds. If this impacts hitchhiker, then out goes two of the three brands I was considering. This also elimnates one of the few brands that was consistently above average in the RV consumer group assessments. Two of them, if hitchhiker goes.

Dave and Lana Hasper

Well, If Mike continues he will have to find another manufacture because Excel was building them. And Mike has made it plain unless he finds someone with deep pockets he is not going into manufacturing again.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

John, Hitch Hiker has a complete restoration/repair shop in Kansas. According to Mike Mitchell, the owner they are doing great repairing and restoring HHs and others. In addition when we were last there they had landed a contract to construct high end interiors in stock trailers made in Oklahoma City, and there were at least 6 older HHs having a complete "remodel".

Interesting. HH is now producing new units according to their website. Thanks for the info.

Regards

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

• 2 months later...

Charles, like I said in the other thread where you posted this, your comment assumes that, given the choice, everyone wants a motorhome. Besides, speaking only for myself, I'd rather have a high-end rig than a "cheap" one, especially if it's going to cost me the same money.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived