Why I dislike winter.. And aren't you glad you are not here?

PEIFamily

Yep.. I agree, but due to the flaky power here where we are in the country, I wouldn't want to deal with a frozen hot tub if the power went out for a few days. I have two generators here, but doubt either would power everything.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Yep.. I agree, but due to the flaky power here where we are in the country, I wouldn't want to deal with a frozen hot tub if the power went out for a few days. I have two generators here, but doubt either would power everything.

Where do you live, looks like fun, I love winter.

The Drama People on your local broadcast media musta run right out of ways to "describe just what is happening right now!" :D

Nope.. They were still going full tilt.. They had one "gust" that knocked two of their camera staff over during a live taping.. *cough* looked fake *cough* lol

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Prince Edward Island, Canada

PEI:

We fell in love with PEI last summer and are returning this year. Friends at our CG had talked about your winters but we didn't fully appreciate the comments until seeing your photos. Since we can't spend more than 180 days at a time in Canada I guess we'll never get to experience it ourselves. What a shame! :D

Joel

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

PEI:

We fell in love with PEI last summer and are returning this year. Friends at our CG had talked about your winters but we didn't fully appreciate the comments until seeing your photos. Since we can't spend more than 180 days at a time in Canada I guess we'll never get to experience it ourselves. What a shame! :D

Joel

Ship next summer and head his way in November ;)

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

PEI:

Joel

Joel,

we are being hit again tonight...I'm going home a couple of times this summer...I could take some snow over and PEI could save it for you ..of course, mixed in with some PEI snow :) We are an accommodating folk...

this week is spring break at my daughter's university - Mount Allison in Sackville, NB..- in between PEI and me...she could not make it home yesterday because the main highway was blocked off by the police due to blowing snow...

Joel,

we are being hit again tonight...I'm going home a couple of times this summer...I could take some snow over and PEI could save it for you ..of course, mixed in with some PEI snow :) We are an accommodating folk...

this week is spring break at my daughter's university - Mount Allison in Sackville, NB..- in between PEI and me...she could not make it home yesterday because the main highway was blocked off by the police due to blowing snow...

Trust me, there may still be some this summer lol We went to the campground today and I was able to walk over the fence where the shop is and walk right onto a roof of the building the golf carts are stored in. The roof is about 14' of the ground. The main entrance going in has about a 12' high bank over it.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I know near the end of may last year there was still 3-4 ft drifts on the confederation trail right behind the campground. I expect to have to park the semi on the pavement for a few weeks before the ground is dry enough. Last year we got back to PEI near the end of April and had to park 2 weeks on the pavement near the site we use. This year we have more snow..

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Thank you. She actually died last year in April ...had her funeral over there but too much snow on the ground to bury her ...since she was cremated, I just brought her home. We had a very bad year with deaths/ sickness - I guess this is normal when you family is growing old - so all of us couldn't make it over there together last year so we hope this year...

A note about spring and your truck... I believe you. My dad retired from the bank and took up residence in my late grandparents retirement bungalow...it had a dirt driveway... after havering had his car pulled out of the driveway a couple times the first spring because it sank in the red mud, he had the driveway paved..

ian

Thank you. She actually died last year in April ...had her funeral over there but too much snow on the ground to bury her ...since she was cremated, I just brought her home. We had a very bad year with deaths/ sickness - I guess this is normal when you family is growing old - so all of us couldn't make it over there together last year so we hope this year...

A note about spring and your truck... I believe you. My dad retired from the bank and took up residence in my late grandparents retirement bungalow...it had a dirt driveway... after havering had his car pulled out of the driveway a couple times the first spring because it sank in the red mud, he had the driveway paved..

ian

My grandmother passed away last april too (21) (she practically raised me). She died a few days before we made it back home last spring.

Scary thing is, we have a soft gravel driveway here that I am a bit nervous on getting the truck/trailer out. I may take the truck out a few weeks prior and get what stuff done I need to (more frame welding, new tires, etc) then have someone with a 1ton 4wd go tow down the trailer for me to the pavement.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Yup..understand...we were in Cuba....

I think that sounds like a plan..especially since you know with all the snow around you, all things unpaved are going to be soft... I suspect the travel restrictions will be on a bit late this year as well..

I know, it's cruel to do this on February 22nd. Son and granddaughter arrived for a week, first thing she said, "grandpa, can you take the solar cover off the pool"

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Grandma, was not to hep to join (it's in the middle 70's), she's waiting couple more weeks when the solar panels get the water into the 80's

You need the bad to make the good even better..not sure if I could live in a mono climate but going to try :)

So here is the curve sent today by ma nature..this am , it went up to 46 F..and has been raining. Now, mid afternoon, the temp is dropping like a stone, the roads are ugly and it has started to snow..

And, it is snowing again !

Well, Looks like everyone is having a "harsh" winter ;)

We got to freezing today for a few minutes, but dropped quickly and started snowing again.. about 4' more came..

Windchill warning out now for tomorrow.. - 31F temps.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Just walked the dogs then into the hot tub...-1C at the moment...everything starting to freeze...

Started the FL today..started with the first twist of the key. Surprised me actually...Not sure about the manifold heater trouble light...

. about 4' more came..

After those photos you posted the other day, I hope this isn't another 4 feet! Maybe you hit the wrong key and it was really 4 inches. :D If it truly was another 4 feet we may never make it to PEI this summer!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

After those photos you posted the other day, I hope this isn't another 4 feet! Maybe you hit the wrong key and it was really 4 inches. :D If it truly was another 4 feet we may never make it to PEI this summer!

Lol. Oops, yes just 4 inches :)

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Archived