Why I dislike winter.. And aren't you glad you are not here?

PEIFamily

Well, we were hit with another storm that brought about 32" of new snow along with steady winds of 60-90 mph for almost 2 days.

Here is a few pictures from that..

Makes you want to go back to bed huh?

doorsnow_zps92f2f9db.jpg

My Volvo engine is under here somewhere..

engined12_zps0075db10.jpg

We finally got plowed out two days after the storm ended.. most of the 20 minute drive to the store was single lane only.. These banks are 9-10 ft high..

irishtownrd_zps442b40e5.jpg

One of the snowdrifts behind the RV in the back yard

IMG_20150216_162215_zpsdf48f423.jpg

The Volvo is 40ft from the door this picture was taken from and the smart is about 10 ft closer.

IMG_20150215_132354_zpsm4jdzbtv.jpg

Same picture, but during a heavy gust of wind

IMG_20150215_145556_zpsqcv7gwtc.jpg

The snow blowed so heavy that it filled the truck bed that had a tonneau cover on with snow blowing in around the seams and the 4wd was stuck solid due to snow packed under it. Had to have it winched out.

We have missed the last few winters due to staying in Texas, but decided to stay home this winter and spend more time & $$ on the volvo.

This was the view in early december from the front deck.. The water is straight north.. we get a LOT of winds from there and its brutal in the winter.. But will enjoy seeing lots of seal cubs in the spring down at the shore.

decemberview_zps5cc9d931.jpg

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Minus 10 here this morning, this happens about every year and I ain't going to take it anymore.

At least that is what I have said for years, maybe get smarter soon.

2015-02-19_1004.png

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

SW Florida isn't all that warm either. TV WX reports call for coldest temps of season tonight (34F) in Ft Myers. Right now it is just above 50 with lots of wind. There could be damage to fruit and veggie crops tonight. No cold & snow like you have. Didn't the ground hog forecast 6 more weeks of winter on Feb 2nd? If he is right all will be OK in 4 weeks :o. It looks like you have a beautiful place near the lake - bet it is frozen solid now. Try to stay warm.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

We're in northeastern NC in the coldest weather we've been in for over 15 years. We thought we'd be warmer here than western MT. Our home base of Polson (only 1 1/2 hours from West Glacier) has stayed spring-like for many weeks with more forecast. Many nights over the past month have stayed above freezing, with daytime temps in the 40s. But I'm very glad we're not in eastern Canada.

2005 Safari Simba 37PCT

Fulltimer - resident of Polson, MT

Mostly in CO, MT, NC & KW FL

USAF Retired

Yep, she started freezing over a few weeks ago and was slush for awhile, I imagine there is about 3-4 ft of ice there now.

Gotta love global warming.. Just had the smart car going for the last half hour trying to thaw it out.. The engine was packed solid of snow too, but soon as it melted, got the shopvac to vac all the water off the engine so it won't refreeze. Fun stuff..

IMG_20150219_123234_zpscf1c0d39.jpg

View from the driveway.. Barely see the yellow of the truck parked beside the RV.

IMG_20150219_111205_zps667a931d.jpg

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

PIE hello,

Great weather pics....... it's a tough winter all over...... a friend called just a few moments ago and said that out pontoon boat trip of this afternoon is now delayed till tomorrow because the mid to upper 80's this afternoon at Lake Pleasent, AZ is a bit too hot for his dogs winter coat.

Oh well.... I guess I'll just pile on a thick layer of sun-screen and go clean 6 wheels on the "8-ton-turkey"........

I can somewhat relate to your snow-job. In 1992 we lived in a pristine forest location a few miles West of Sisters, OR and about Thankgiving time we woke-up to a dark house because a bit of a evening storm dumped 5 ft of snow that drifted over the house and barn. Even with a CAT 980 loader it is still work dealing with TONS of drifting snow. I dug us out and cleared off the roofs and then we went to Hawaii for two weeks.........when we got back home that night it snowed and blowed another 5 feet.........welcome home.........

Cheers

Mike, Carol & Dolly the Paint-Horse

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I recognize your house..thought you were on the last get before you turn up to Twin Shores..

Those pictures brought back memories..

In comparison, other than a lost of single lane roads around here, we lost out hot tub under the snow...corrected that one quickly.. oh, this has been the first time I have ever used more than one tank of gas to do the driveway / walkway...even in the worst of time, I usually can get mine done and at least one neighbour..

Think of how you are going to appreciate the sun soon ..it doesn't get much better after a couple months of cold...

I probably should not mention that it is pushing 80 here in Tucson today, but I will :rolleyes:

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

PIE hello,

Great weather pics....... it's a tough winter all over...... a friend called just a few moments ago and said that out pontoon boat trip of this afternoon is now delayed till tomorrow because the mid to upper 80's this afternoon at Lake Pleasent, AZ is a bit too hot for his dogs winter coat.

Oh well.... I guess I'll just pile on a thick layer of sun-screen and go clean 6 wheels on the "8-ton-turkey"........

Cheers

Mike, Carol & Dolly the Paint-Horse

And we thought we had it hard this winter.... lol

I recognize your house..thought you were on the last get before you turn up to Twin Shores..

Those pictures brought back memories..

In comparison, other than a lost of single lane roads around here, we lost out hot tub under the snow...corrected that one quickly.. oh, this has been the first time I have ever used more than one tank of gas to do the driveway / walkway...even in the worst of time, I usually can get mine done and at least one neighbour..

Think of how you are going to appreciate the sun soon ..it doesn't get much better after a couple months of cold...

Yep.. Can't wait until it starts warming up some so I can get more done to the truck..

Hottub.. There is about 1" of ice on top of it. I winterized it last fall just incase we lost power for any length of time. I know this area lost power for almost a week a few years back.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

In reality, the snow isn't that much of a bother...it is fun to play with and I really like snowblowing so it is somewhat of a win/win. You get a day or two off to be with your family and you have to drive carefully for awhile..and I like driving in heavy snow, so that is a win for me as well...and it gives us a reason to complain and to take our minds off the plummeting Canadian dollar...for that last reason alone, I am glad I am on this side of the border,,

What is the problem with this amount of snow is the melting...and the flooding that goes with it.. especially for farmers and their fields..our grow season is short enough anyway. On the other hand, our water table seems to be a bit down the last couple of years so this is a plus.

I had an error in my last post..

I actually don't recognize your house...thought you lived on Hwy 20...you must be just off of 20...

ian.

Minus 10 here this morning, this happens about every year and I ain't going to take it anymore.

2015-02-19_1004.png

We are just into the aqua region, the "big story" on the local channels has been how far below 40 it will get and how close to 32. The weather people are on the verge of conniptions, but they expect 80s next week again and resumption of normal Paradise activities,

nature drives,

DSC_0104.JPG

gawking at yachts,

DSC_0099.JPG

soaking old bones,

DSC_0157.JPG

communing with nature,

DSC_0098.JPG

having nature visit one's domicile (endangered sand-hill cranes).

DSC_1011.JPG

These days are just bits and fragments of "fading memories".

2817458860096176628vmWsMm_fs.jpg

DSC_0431.JPG

Man I feel your pain. The wind was coming out of the North last night and the temp dropped down into the high 60's. I gave serious thoughts of getting up out of the v-berth here on the boat in HI and shutting off the 20 inch box fan blowing on high 3 feet above my berth but then I thought the guys up in the NE would thing I was going soft and just let it blow all night.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Rick, I am slowly training and "desensitizing" my neighbors, so it has been done to a point, here's the collage:

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

And there were few others in campground across the town. Any traveling I-95 or Florida Turnpike is welcome, we are one mile away from either. Exit Exit 118 from I-95, exit 142 from the Turnpike, about 120 miles north of Miami and same south from Orlando. There are two campgrounds in the city.

Son and granddaughter coming down tomorrow for the week. Child was texting today inquiring about pool temperature. Solar panels are keeping it just below 80, bit too cool to me.

I'm really not sure I have ever "met" someone so cruel; and those pictures? SHEESH!! :lol:

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

We are just into the aqua region, the "big story" on the local channels has been how far below 40 it will get and how close to 32. The weather people are on the verge of conniptions, but they expect 80s next week again and resumption of normal Paradise activities,

nature drives,

gawking at yachts,

soaking old bones,

DSC_0157.JPG

communing with nature,

having nature visit one's domicile (endangered sand-hill cranes).

These days are just bits and fragments of "fading memories".

The pool we have is slightly colder then 80 right now... ;)

IMG_20150108_121805_zpsoikmt1r4.jpg

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Hottub.. There is about 1" of ice on top of it. I winterized it last fall just incase we lost power for any length of time. I know this area lost power for almost a week a few years back.

Having to winterize the hot tub is just inhumane. Here in Dallas winter is the best time to use it. Nice cocktail and a soak just before bedtime and sleep like a baby all night.

Most summers I summerize the hot tub. Just too hot to use. So we drain it, clean it and get it ready for fall.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Archived