The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my! Certainly glad you are safe! It seems luck was on your side after the accident though. I hope she was cited for hit and run too!! Didn't she know she hit you? We had to run down a Canadian in a motorhome a few years ago that took off our mirror and kept on running.

You know, its just a reflex to chase them down. She said she didn't know she hit us. Looking back we went across 3 lanes of traffic with no mirror. We were very lucky. Been awake since early this am just thinking of the possible things that could have happened. Guess that's normal. When will that stop? How long will it take?

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We have just had another first. While driving 10 west leaving Houston, we had a run in with an 18 wheeler. We were traveling in the far left lane (Ed was trying to pass this truck that was slowing down and speeding up). We were entering construction with a small lane shift, she didn't shift!! We were squished between the trailer and the concrete barrier. We literally chased her down (yes it was a woman truck driver!) Got her to get off at a Loves Truck stop where we proceeded to call the police. At first the policeman said it was our fault because the lane ended. (He thought it happened further away) We got him to follow us to where it happened and you could clearly see that the signs said lane shifting ahead. He then amended his report and said she will be sighted for failure to stay in her lane. Good news is, we were right up from Holiday World RV, we were able to drive here. We have a FHU site while we await the estimate, Winnebago to fabricate the needed panels for repair and the actual fix. Bad news, it looks to be about 6 weeks before I will get to hold my new granddaughter. I have posted pics on FB is anyone wants to see them.

So sorry Linda and Ed. Big trucks think they own the road.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

put on my warmest jacket and joined the group at the fire. It sure was nice being part of the group again. I think I'm definately on the mend

Fireside with friends--a known healing element. Glad you are able to partake of it.

Linda

We have just had another first. While driving 10 west leaving Houston, we had a run in with an 18 wheeler. We were traveling in the far left lane (Ed was trying to pass this truck that was slowing down and speeding up). We were entering construction with a small lane shift, she didn't shift!! We were squished between the trailer and the concrete barrier. We literally chased her down (yes it was a woman truck driver!) Got her to get off at a Loves Truck stop where we proceeded to call the police. At first the policeman said it was our fault because the lane ended. (He thought it happened further away) We got him to follow us to where it happened and you could clearly see that the signs said lane shifting ahead. He then amended his report and said she will be sighted for failure to stay in her lane. Good news is, we were right up from Holiday World RV, we were able to drive here. We have a FHU site while we await the estimate, Winnebago to fabricate the needed panels for repair and the actual fix. Bad news, it looks to be about 6 weeks before I will get to hold my new granddaughter. I have posted pics on FB is anyone wants to see them.

Dang! I always fear drivers who aren't keeping a consistent speed because that means they aren't paying enough attention. Glad you are OK! Sorry about the delay, though.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda and Ed - Sorry to hear about your accident. She was probably texting or talking on her phone. A guy passed us the other day riding his motorcycle without hands texting at 40 MPH. Crazy. Best of luck with the repairs.

More rain today in south Florida but it's not cold.

GO BRONCOS!!! Peyton who? He doesn't play well in cold weather.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

The Q rally group has been busy..campfires with snack food, a group trip to silly Al's, and tonight a great spaghetti feast. Thanks Steve and Carol.

Fun fire chats with great jokes and a few tall tales!

Rv tent opened today ..so of course a little shopping.

Tom demonstrated his new wind break system which is great. Only took us 3 trips into town for parts and now we have one too!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

The Q rally group has been busy..campfires with snack food, a group trip to silly Al's, and tonight a great spaghetti feast. Thanks Steve and Carol.

Fun fire chats with great jokes and a few tall tales!

Rv tent opened today ..so of course a little shopping.

Tom demonstrated his new wind break system which is great. Only took us 3 trips into town for parts and now we have one too!

miss seeing everyone at the Q but will probably be there next season

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

That's a whole year from now! We're having trouble deciding where we'll be next month!

I've got us routed with stops till mid June...what could go wrong with that?!! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

That's a whole year from now! We're having trouble deciding where we'll be next month!

Now you have me making plans for the year but the only thing I can come up with is to change my plans.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm getting very low on fresh water. I may move over to the LOWs tomorrow and stay with them till the tank goes dry then head south and get some full hook-ups to restock for a night or two. I have credit for 20 days in Ajo but I sure don't want to fill the fresh tank there. Maybe I'll stop in Gila Bend one night and get water there. I'll eventually end up down in Oragan Pipe. I don't want to return to Deming until mid February.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I've got us routed with stops till mid June...what could go wrong with that?!! :P

Roger

In my world, just about everything would go wrong. I have us "in pencil" into April. However, I know a lot of erasing will take place.

Now you have me making plans for the year but the only thing I can come up with is to change my plans.

I change plenty of plans, as you well know.

I'm getting very low on fresh water. I may move over to the LOWs tomorrow and stay with them till the tank goes dry then head south and get some full hook-ups to restock for a night or two. I have credit for 20 days in Ajo but I sure don't want to fill the fresh tank there. Maybe I'll stop in Gila Bend one night and get water there. I'll eventually end up down in Oragan Pipe. I don't want to return to Deming until mid February.

February is not a time you want to return to many places including Deming or even Arizona. It's not that Arizona will be icy or stormy but getting there could be.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

That's okay. We just changed even this month so plan to leave here a little earlier. I'm good with erasers.

What? were we all changing plans this morning? Us too. We are good until mid-February. That's all for now folks. :rolleyes:

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Last night I was not feeling very well so I went to bed early. This morning I was still not up to par but I had run out of LP and the water tank was showing empty. While getting things put away I saw the group standing around over near Mike and Julie's rig. When I finally got ready to roll everyone was gone so I went on to the pit stop for LP and Water. When I got back the place was deserted with about half the cars and trucks gone. I had planned on moving over to the LOWs later today so I just turned around and went back over there. I'll only stay here a couple of days then go on down to Organ Pipe. The Classless group probably went to breakfast while I was at the Pit Stop. Anyway for those I couldn't say good bye to this morning,,,,, I'll see you down the road.

Sorry we missed you this morning, Lee... it's been nice being your neighbor these past days, and we hope you are feeling better again soon! Take care, and we'll see you somewhere down the road!

Dianne and Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

I think we all scattered in different directions this morning. some of us took off on a Jeep adventure, returning only in time for Happy Hour. We'll share pics of the harrowing experience :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

My first night with the LOWs produced a lot of talking with friends I haven't seen in a couple of years. After Happy Hour we had a Spaghetti dinner. It was very good but not near as good as Steve and Carrol's. I should have my Spaghetti fix taken care of for a while now. Today I think I'll drive over to Blythe and see if I can find a Barber Shop. I'm beginning to look like I belong here. I'll stock up on veggies and fuel the Navion while I'm at it and be ready to head South the next day. The LOWs are having Roast Pork for dinner tonight but I think I'll beg off on that. I'm beginning to see a rise in my blood pressure from the salt in all the side dishes that go with all these main dishes I love. I'll just coast a few days and let things settle down. There were about 50 people at dinner last night. That's a lot of Spaghetti.

My first night with the LOWs produced a lot of talking with friends I haven't seen in a couple of years. After Happy Hour we had a Spaghetti dinner. It was very good but not near as good as Steve and Carrol's. I should have my Spaghetti fix taken care of for a while now. Today I think I'll drive over to Blythe and see if I can find a Barber Shop. I'm beginning to look like I belong here. I'll stock up on veggies and fuel the Navion while I'm at it and be ready to head South the next day. The LOWs are having Roast Pork for dinner tonight but I think I'll beg off on that. I'm beginning to see a rise in my blood pressure from the salt in all the side dishes that go with all these main dishes I love. I'll just coast a few days and let things settle down. There were about 50 people at dinner last night. That's a lot of Spaghetti.

Well, stay off the salt. You may have a few visitors passing through your way this spring. The folks in the West will probably head East and those in the East may head West.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Lee, Over in Blythe is a Smart and Final grocery for supplies

Fuel in "Q" not Blythe

Safe travels

Those heading west remember to stop and see us. Jeri, we are not far from the Colorado River TT park. Still no news on a final estimate. Did you know that when a trucker is hauling a load the insurance coverage is different?? Just found that out this morning, so that is another delay. Estimate so far well close to $20,000!! He brought a tire guy over today to see about getting the front left tire off. Dragging along the concrete barrier has worn down the lugs and the posts.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Those heading west remember to stop and see us. Jeri, we are not far from the Colorado River TT park. Still no news on a final estimate. Did you know that when a trucker is hauling a load the insurance coverage is different?? Just found that out this morning, so that is another delay. Estimate so far well close to $20,000!! He brought a tire guy over today to see about getting the front left tire off. Dragging along the concrete barrier has worn down the lugs and the posts.

Wow! That sure was a lot of damage! Maybe you can get a new fangled paint job too!

Sandi got her permanent orders and will be stationed in Pensacola permanently so her mom is flying down the end of March/first of April. We'll start heading west when she leaves but that'll be April. The Colorado River TTN is on our penciled schedule but I'm sure you'll be out of there before we get there. Keep us posted where you'll be. Hopefully we'll be able to cross paths.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Wow! That sure was a lot of damage! Maybe you can get a new fangled paint job too!

Sandi got her permanent orders and will be stationed in Pensacola permanently so her mom is flying down the end of March/first of April. We'll start heading west when she leaves but that'll be April. The Colorado River TTN is on our penciled schedule but I'm sure you'll be out of there before we get there. Keep us posted where you'll be. Hopefully we'll be able to cross paths.

Hopefully!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I drove over to Blythe this morning and got my head resized to fit in my hat again. I wonder where all that grey hair on their floor came from. Surely not from me. I had breakfast at the coffee shop then toured both Albertson's and Smart and Final. Neither place had a very good selection of frozen veggies in large packages. I guess they make more money when they sale it 2 servings at a time. I ended up buying about 10 small packages. It did make it easier to stuff them all in the freezer but coast about twice what it would have in bulk packages. On the way back I stopped at the service station at exit 5. I got Deisel for $1.94 a gallon. I felt like draining some out of my tank to make room to buy more at that price. After I got back to Q I called the Quartzsite RV Wash. They wash your rig right where you are camped. I had to leave a voice mail expecting them to call me back. So far no response. If they call in the morning before I get this buggy ready to roll I'll make an appointment to get this rig all pretty again. If they don't call, Organ Pipe here I come.