The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Hi all

We had a group at Silly Al's for lunch today. So if your ears are burning that is why. 8 of us sat and talked for close to 4 hours. The group included Paul and Sue, Brad and Marilyn, Tom and Dianne

We all decided we should post again about rally in January.

Plan is to get a spot on plomosa rd Wed 13th to Monday 18th. At some point during that time there will be the 3rd annual Margarita quesadillas night.

Hope to see many of you at the rally.

I will have to say the Margaritas and quesadillas were great the first event. A great time was had by all but may not remembered by all. I think Mike's hat got kinda twisted around but he didn't care. Janice and I will not make it this year but everyone have fun and stay safe. Hanging around sunny Florida this year.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have to say the Margaritas and quesadillas were great the first event. A great time was had by all but may not remembered by all. I think Mike's hat got kinda twisted around but he didn't care. Janice and I will not make it this year but everyone have fun and stay safe. Hanging around sunny Florida this year.

I am sure we will have another next year too - wait this one is set for next year! easy to get twisted around!! we will miss all you Florida and Texas class members.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Julie, I'll be there but don't worry about the limes for me. One glass of cranberry juice is my limit. I never have been a drinking man. I have too much trouble keeping my brains strait even without the drinks. But the quesadillas are are another thing. A few of those may come up missing when I'm around.

I was planning on heading west in the morning but my mail didn't get here today as planned. If it comes before noon tomorrow I'll head out and plan to stop in Benson. The Cristmas rush is probably why the mail is slower than usual. I wanted to spend some time at Organ Pipe on the way but I guess I'll do that on the way back. I want to get some solar before going to Q. I could get by with the generator for a week but don't want to get exiled by the rest of the classmates. I have NO place to set a Blue flame or Ceramic Brick heater in the Navigon. All the wall space is used already. I'll have to use the furnace to keep warm and I only have two batteries so need lots of recharging ability. See ya when I get there.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Would appreciate if those who plan to attend Q rally would chime in - that we know how many limes to buy (well the rest of the stuff too)

Hi Jules, We have plans but want to include the rally. We are helping out with the Blogfest on the 23rd and would probably like to go to the show on the last day.

So we will be in the "extending their stay group". We probably will be parking somewhere else as we have other friends who want us to stay near them.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Would appreciate if those who plan to attend Q rally would chime in - that we know how many limes to buy (well the rest of the stuff too)

Not knowing the earlier confirmed dates until now we did make plans with another group for a early get together (almost the exact same dates) hoping the Classless gathering would be roughly the same time as last year and we could just move on over. BUT we do want to spend time with the Class-less so will need to think about changing our plans or move over after the other gathering in hope some Class-less folks will still be hanging around.

So, don't use our headcount in the planning just in case.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We'll be there if the rest of this West coast adventure goes good. Can't wait to see you guys. :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

So, don't use our headcount in the planning just in case.

Oh! That's backwards! Better to have too much than not enough, right? I'd hate for you to find out you can go then not be able to participate because supplies ran out. Or have others mad at you because you partook of supplies after saying you wouldn't. Or anything like that. They just don't want to buy for 30 if only 15 plan to go. But, if there's a possibility of you going I bet they'd rather count you in.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Hanging around sunny Florida this year.

... that is hanging around sunny, hot and humid Florida this year. Well, at least it's not raining and the wind isn't blowing like it seems to be in Arizona and Washington. However, we'll know more about it tomorrow as Janice and Jerry are taking us to the airport in the morning for our trip to Phoenix and then later in the week we'll head to Washington for Christmas. We didn't pack any summer clothes for the trip but dug out our winter and rain clothing for the trip. :( Maybe I should be thankful it's not snowing .... or, maybe that's in the forecast too ???

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

My mail came about noon today so I headed west. I'm now holed up in Benson AZ at the Saguaro SKP park. When I left Deming NOAA said tonights temperature in Benson would be 28°. When I got here I checked again and NOAA says 17° for tonight. I think Murphy hiched a ride with me somehow. I'll head for Gila Bend tomorrow. It better not be frigid there or I'll turn around and head East. The TV said Grand Canyon AZ will be -15° tonight and the coldest place in the lower 48 states. Weird.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Looks like a good part of our group prefers later part of rally week. Which we totally get.

So just like last year we will have some who arrive early and other who arrive later. Perhaps the 17 and 18th will be when there will be the greatest over lap of both.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Oh! That's backwards! Better to have too much than not enough, right? I'd hate for you to find out you can go then not be able to participate because supplies ran out. Or have others mad at you because you partook of supplies after saying you wouldn't. Or anything like that. They just don't want to buy for 30 if only 15 plan to go. But, if there's a possibility of you going I bet they'd rather count you in.

Linda

Linda Linda Linda,

exactly!!

we always have enough food for twice the crowd

We just want to make sure we don't have enough for 10X the crowd!!

we will plan as closely as we can with the understanding that we'll all have a great time regardless!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I left Benson this AM heading for Gila Bend planning to stay at the Quail Trail RV Park. When I got there I found that it is now the KOA. There is no way I'm going to stay at a KOA. There use to be a very good Itailian restaurant in Gila Bend but when I went there for lunch I found a joint called Little Italy that was set up like a fast food joint where you select what you want from the menu on the wall and pay for the food. They tell you to go find a seat and they will bring the food to you. They brought the coffee fairly soon but then I waited over an hour for the food. They didn't even refill my empty coffee cup. If I hadn't already paid 10 bucks for the food I would have walked out long before. Anyway, I decided I cross Gila Bend off my list and go on to Yuma. When I got to Yuma the traffic was so thick I didn't even try to find an RV Park. It dawned on me that I'd gain an hour when I crossed over into CA so I buzzed right on through and ended up here at the Slabs. The Slabs has changed for the worse also. There are only about a quarter of the people here that used to come. I'll get the solar put on the Navion and leave again. To where I have no Idea.

We were getting ready to head out this morning and then looked at the weather report. It was rain again but not till this afternoon so seeing the sun was out we decided to visit the redwoods again. We drove that road in Jedediah State Park that is one of the best driving tours of these giant trees. We were about halfway through the road and we came up on part of a tree that had fallen across the road during the last big rainstorms. I was able to put it in 4 wheel drive and ease over the end of it, but a full sized pickup would have had real trouble getting past it. We are always in awe of those big trees and it's so great that they are preserved for all to see. I was having a little trouble with the battery in the truck, so we decided to wait another day to leave. I found out that my electric battery disconnect switch was getting bad so I replaced that and I think we are go to go for tomorrow. Aside from driving in the rain. I actually prefer to drive in the rain because the sun angle this time of year is pretty intense. Rain is pitter pattering on the roof right now so I guess the weather procrastinators are right this time. I thought I was hearing a large "busy signal", but it turns out it's the fog horn across the street. Oh well, I've been sung to sleep with worse music than that. ;)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Is anyone else having trouble navigating the forum. Until about a month ago, our Classless page came right up on the page that said "first unread post". Now I have to navigate to the last page and then use the "first unread post". Eventually I get there/here but it's annoying. I fear going to settings on the forum because it always asks me to sign in and regardless that I have the correct user name and password, "it" doesn't like it. And you know what happens when you ask for a password reset. At least for me, it goes around and around. When we were in Livingston, I discussed this with Mark Nemeth, the Gadget Guy from our magazine, and he had no idea. Anyone else having problems?

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Is anyone else having trouble navigating the forum. Until about a month ago, our Classless page came right up on the page that said "first unread post". Now I have to navigate to the last page and then use the "first unread post". Eventually I get there/here but it's annoying. I fear going to settings on the forum because it always asks me to sign in and regardless that I have the correct user name and password, "it" doesn't like it. And you know what happens when you ask for a password reset. At least for me, it goes around and around. When we were in Livingston, I discussed this with Mark Nemeth, the Gadget Guy from our magazine, and he had no idea. Anyone else having problems?

I have it set up to receive an email when there's a new post. Then I click on the email's link to the message. Works every time!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I have it set up to receive an email when there's a new post. Then I click on the email's link to the message. Works every time!

Roger

I'm suppose to get email notices too but it doesn't always work. I usually start at the main menu anyway because I follow other topics.

Lee- We've stayed at the RV park/ campground behind the Shell gas station by I-8 at the Gila Bend exit. Not bad for an over night.

We got an extension on our stay here in Miami. Leaving here and heading north the end of January.

Y'all be good in Q! See ya next year.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I got the Navion into the solar shop about noon. They got most of the wiring done but had to order the Pro Remote which he says will be here late tomorrow evening. I'm to bring the rig back Saturday morning to finish up the installation. Everything looks good so far. I'll stay here a few more days until I make sure everything works as planned. I'm bushed from sitting there watching all day.

No problems on my end Toni. I never sign out. When I return (may be days later) I just hit the "unread posts" link and "boom" there you are :-)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

No problems on my end Toni. I never sign out. When I return (may be days later) I just hit the "unread posts" link and "boom" there you are :-)

I did a bit of tuning and it's working now. Thank you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Jeff, I've stayed at the Shell station in Gila Bend many times. The only problem I have with it is the ever present smell of diesel fuel, even in the RV park in the back.

Solar Mike called about 6:30 PM and said the Pro Remote monitor DIDN'T get there and told me I'd better not come there in the morning but wait till Tuesday because he don't open on Mondays. 15 minutes later he called again and said he had no more than hung up when the UPS truck pulled in with the Remote so come tomorrow morning. That suits me just fine. Now all I have to do is figure out where I want to spend next week. Maybe Borrego Springs or cottonwood campground in Joshua Tree National Monument. OR possibly back track to Yuma and spend a few days with Denise.

Strange, I can't get online with my smart phone but I get a good connection with my Jetpack.

I don't have to worry about where to go now. Solar mile finished the solar install today and it DID NOT work. A little troubleshooting found the new Controller didn't work. So, he took an old one like it off one of his Motorhomes and installed it. It worked. So now he has to wait till Monday to contact Blue Sky and have another shipped over night. That puts me here most of next week. At least that will give me a chance to charge my batteries and see if I have enough panels to recharge all the current running the furnace over night uses. With a full charge at night the furnace takes it down to about 65% remaining charge by morning. That translates to about 70 Amp Hours it will need to produce. With 300 watts of panels that will be close. And I don't have much more room on the roof.