The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Glad to see Jim out fishing. I hope it's "catching" instead of just fishing! :lol:

We pulled up our pin and started West toward my brother's place in Seattle. Made it a whole 75 miles and wound up at the Elks club in Lewiston, Id. This is a great club and located on a hill overlooking the Snake river. 30A and water, and the view is really nice. We got a slow start because when I pulled the big drivers side slide in something jammed and the slide stopped on the rear end. After looking under the carpet we found out a small stone had wedged between the tile floor and the rear roller on the slide. We managed to get the rock out, but it had sheared a bolt on the slide mechanism and the rear part would not move. :wacko: I went outside and pushed on the rear of the slide and carol operated the control and we managed to get the slide all the way in. Puff puff! When we arrived here, I looked at the slide motor and found the sheared bolt and replaced it. Now it works fine. I had to do that a couple of times on our old bus, so I keep a supply of those bolts on hand. If I had been paying a little more attention when we were pulling the slides in I probably could have stopped it before the bolt sheared, but I didn't have enough coffee in me yet. :rolleyes: That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Beautiful evening here, 72 degrees and sun just going down. Now for a nice cranberry juice.....aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good recovery Steve! Gotta love it when a day starts tricky but ends well without costing too much!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I had planned on going back up to the Cosmic Campground next Tuesday but the nice clear sky forcast has turned to a cloudy one with possible rain. So that is off. I checked the moon chart today and the moon will be favorable from about the 1st to the 13th of November. So I'm hoping to find some favorable weather in that time period. I'll probable go to Poncho Villa State Park during the rally here at our park.

I think I'll make a deal with Carol to take Steve off her hands so he can fix my trailer every time something breaks. She would probably give me a good deal just to get him out from under foot. Then again it would probable cost too much in the long run trying to keep the Cranberry Juice flowing. LOL

Good show Steve, the slid on my trailer was giving me trouble when I was coming back from my Niece's place this spring but seems to be working right again now. But now the Hot water tank won't heat on Propane.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Finally got out of Montana. It was 31 when we got up this morning - definitely time to move south. We're in Rexburg ID tonight (I went to college here a zillion years ago). Tomorrow further west to Craters of the Moon.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Finally got out of Montana. It was 31 when we got up this morning - definitely time to move south. We're in Rexburg ID tonight (I went to college here a zillion years ago). Tomorrow further west to Craters of the Moon.

Tell Jim that it is much easier to freeze those fish after you catch them instead of catching them already frozen. 31 degees, that's too cold for any respectable full timer.

I spent most of the day over in my shop just piddling around. I ended up ripping the elastic out of a fitted sheet that is too big for my beds. I'm going to make a smaller sheet that will fit. Either by making a smaller box sheet with no elastic or by adding gussets back to the corners to make it a flat sheet. And if that don't work I'll make some beautiful dust rags.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

She said I can't go Lee!! :ph34r:

Darn, I thought she would give me at least $20 to take you off her hands. I guess she figured that you would spend most of the time under Bessie Bus sleeping. She's been on to your tricks for years. ?

This morning it is 24* F. 24*C would be lovely. This is not. We have two heaters going at once.

We would be on our way already but Doug has ordered a new pin box for the rig. They had promised 5 day maximum delivery but it's taken 6 business days now. Got a call yesterday to say that it will be here on Monday. We have to leave Monday sometime to make it to St. Louis by Thursday. Our son Graeme is flying to St. Louis tomorrow.. We will have three days with Graeme and his girlfriend Adrienne. Adrienne has some plans for us for the weekend including a trivia contest at some local watering hole. It will be really good for us to see Graeme and great for us to finally see Graeme with Adrienne.

It will be sad to leave David and his family. We have had a great time.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

This morning it is 24* F. 24*C would be lovely. This is not. We have two heaters going at once.

We would be on our way already but Doug has ordered a new pin box for the rig. They had promised 5 day maximum delivery but it's taken 6 business days now. Got a call yesterday to say that it will be here on Monday. We have to leave Monday sometime to make it to St. Louis by Thursday. Our son Graeme is flying to St. Louis tomorrow.. We will have three days with Graeme and his girlfriend Adrienne. Adrienne has some plans for us for the weekend including a trivia contest at some local watering hole. It will be really good for us to see Graeme and great for us to finally see Graeme with Adrienne.

It will be sad to leave David and his family. We have had a great time.

Well, you could always have David forward the package on to Adrienne if it doesn't show up. We had our mail sent general delivery here. The post office received it at 9:30 in the morning and sent it back to sender about an hour later. Not happy with that.

Roger and Lynn showed up yesterday. There is supposed to be some type of big state shindig at the Elks this weekend. We expected the RV park to be full by now but not so yet. There's only one other RV here besides our three and that one's heading out today. Maybe today will be busy.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

The wind did a little shake rattle and roll last night but left us with nice cool overcast weather today. We had a few spits of rain this morning while I was taking my walk but there was no danger of me being desolved. This afternoon I took a cowgirl out to lunch to a mexican restaurant I've never been to before. It's a little hole in the wall place but the food was very good. My guest had the fish tacos and said they were the best she has ever had. I was impressed by them making fresh lemonade a glass at a time using real lemons. It was very good. But I'll only give them a run of the mill rating on the Hamburger I ordered. But that comes natural when you order an American substitute in a Mexican restaurant. All in all a pleasing day.

Well, you could always have David forward the package on to Adrienne if it doesn't show up. We had our mail sent general delivery here. The post office received it at 9:30 in the morning and sent it back to sender about an hour later. Not happy with that.

Roger and Lynn showed up yesterday. There is supposed to be some type of big state shindig at the Elks this weekend. We expected the RV park to be full by now but not so yet. There's only one other RV here besides our three and that one's heading out today. Maybe today will be busy.

hmmm re-directing a pin box would not be a simple task, oh ye who travels in a motorhome. Must be pretty big, and pretty heavy, at about 100 lbs. or so :)

Everyone seems to be meeting up, and its surprising how quickly people are converging on Arizona. Looking forward to actually seeing everyone!!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

hmmm re-directing a pin box would not be a simple task, oh ye who travels in a motorhome. Must be pretty big, and pretty heavy, at about 100 lbs. or so

My pin box only weighs about 1/2 an ounce but maybe that's because I keep throwing away all the pins that have the point on the wrong end.

We moved to the Eustis Fl. Elks on Wednesday after a week at the St. Augustine Elks. Thought we'd finish the month there until we went in to pay. Apparently there is a city ordinance that you can stay only 3 days so we moved today a whole 2 miles to Lake Saunders RV resort for the rest of the month.

After we got set up turned on the ACs and went to a flea market and antique show. Came home and the rear AC isn't cooling like it should. I know some have complained about cold weather already but its not cold here near Orlando. A "cold" front is coming through tonight and the highs a dropping to the low 80's.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

It only got up to 65 degrees here today and spit rain most of the day. I got wet twice today trying to get my walk in. This evening after happy hour I dreaded siting inside the rest of the night so I loaded a bunch of Cowgirls into the truck and headed for the Adobe Deli. After listening to girl talk for 2 1/2 hours, I figured I could stand anything for the rest of the night. I really enjoyed the cool temperature but the drizzling rain can go to where ever it's needed. And by listening to the girls maybe I'll learn how to understand women. No other man has ever succeeded in that.

the cooler weather jsut came thru Savannah as the highs here are to be in then mid 60's, a perfect day for a stroll through downtown Savannah. Tomorrow a move a little further south to Brunswick Georgia... getting closer to Florida...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

We have been hanging out in Flagstaff the last few days and have enjoyed the cooler temps here at 7000ft. Had a little ran but not much. Today is supposed to be 60 and sunny, a great day to watch football. We will head a little south to a state park on Tuesday for 5 days and to lower altitudes where temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's.

Everyone travel safe and enjoy the changing seasons.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Setting at the Warrington (Pensacola) Fl ELKS. Nice sunny day with a little breeze. Enjoyed a pre football game meal with Jeri, Terry and their grand daughter Sandy and Roger and Lynn. During the meal we watched the Denver/ Cleveland game and then the Packer fans left to catch their game and the rest of us watched the Seahawks game. Not the results everyone wanted but great company. No rain.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Very hard to say Good Bye to David and his family. We leave tomorrow as long as the "pin box" arrives in time. Then to be with youngest son Graeme and his girlfriend Adrienne in St. Louis for three day. We have also booked 3 days at Seven Point COE near Nashville. It was a choice of Graceland or the Grand Ole Opery and the later won.

As great as it has been here, we are anxious to get back on the road again.

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Very hard to say Good Bye to David and his family. We leave tomorrow as long as the "pin box" arrives in time. Then to be with youngest son Graeme and his girlfriend Adrienne in St. Louis for three day. We have also booked 3 days at Seven Point COE near Nashville. It was a choice of Graceland or the Grand Ole Opery and the later won.

As great as it has been here, we are anxious to get back on the road again.

Toni, we spent 2 weeks at 7 Points COE in August. Lots of trees and a beautiful Lake. Many things to do and see in Nashville. Got to go down on Broadway where the clubs are, live music starts with the lunch crowd. Visitor Center is at 5th and Broadway.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We've been here almost a couple weeks. On Wednesday we'll be pulling out and making the long drive to Destin for about four days. Our check-in is at 4:00 but we only have 50 miles to go so doubt that we'll plan on an early start! From there? Well, we don't know yet.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I just came back from the Doctor's office. He said come back and see me in about 4 months. I'll do that about March. Well it's still cold in 4 months. I'm not going to take my shoes off to help me count in such cold weather. The next thing on the calendar is taking the Navion to Holiday World on Thursday to have that gear box installed. I sure hope it fixes the Vent / Skylight problem. When that's out of the way, off I go again until after the rally. Then it's another trip to the Cosmic Campground with my Telescope for one night to show it to my friend Michael. He wants to buy it but I want him to know what he will or will not be able to see with it befor I'll sell it to him. Too many prople think they will see all those beautifull photos that Hubble takes but that is NOT the case. If he is really interested in learning the sky and whats out there then the scope is right for him but if it's Astrophotography he wants, It's the wrong type of mount for that.

There were a few moments of panic. The pin box arrived at 10:00 and Doug got it installed by himself. It would not go on the hitch! Didn't take long to figure out that because we were parked on the lawn, the trailer was on an angle. Angle the truck the same way and bingo! we were on.

The new pin box makes the ride in the truck so smooth, however, what a mess we had inside. Several drawers were askew and the stuff in the fridge was thrown around. All and all we lost only one egg and the clips on the converter cover.

We made New Ulm, Minnesota. 7 hours. We are at Walmart and will get up early and push on.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Nice that the new pin box is on and working. I guess it's easier to level the truck than tilt the lawn! We forgot we had moved the other day and opened the fridge without having the catchers mitt on. Hmmmmmm those jelly jars sure can make a mess!!

Lee, I sure hope you get that skylight problem solved. Do you have one of those skylight covers installed so you can keep the skylight open when it rains? Sure is nice not to have to worry about forgetting to close the thing all the time.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, I sure hope you get that skylight problem solved. Do you have one of those skylight covers installed so you can keep the skylight open when it rains? Sure is nice not to have to worry about forgetting to close the thing all the time.

Steve: That skylight is way to big (15" x 28") to cover with a MaxAir. It opens and closes with power but doesn't have a fan. There is a pleated sun shade and a pleated screen on the inside that open and close manually from opposite side of the frame which is vented around the sides. The gear mechanism just opens, closes and latches the big plexiglass lid on the top (roof). There is also a regular fantastic fan in the bathroom that I do have covered with a MaxAir. Its totally automatic and operates from a hand set. Push the button and it opens and the fan starts at the speed it was previously set at or at the temperature that was selected.

Most of the people here went to the Pink Store down in Mexico today. That don't interest me at all so I'll have a nice quiet day here. I think I'll use the laundry to wash all my cleaning rags. My friend that moved down town came out and cleaned my trailer Sunday. ( It's a long story don't ask) so I have a pile of dirty rags now. Tomorrow I'll go to the DMV with the gal that bought my little trailer and get it all transferred to her name. I have to pull the trailer to DMV so they can inspect the VIN number without paying for a person to come from Las Cruces to look at it where it sets in storage. NM sure has some stupid laws. That's why I registered it in SD. Then Thursday I go to Las Cruces with the Navion for that sky light fix. And Friday I'm taking a couple of the Cowgirls to Silver City to the Courious Cumquat for lunch. I better go take a nice long Steve.