The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Nice job Carol and Steve on the

We moved from Savannah to Woodbine, GA. A trip of 97 miles and the real feel temp is 97 degrees. Nearly have a stream running off the awning. We'll be here a week.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Hey Jeff and Tina...

You are close to the head waters of the Suwannee river...the Okeefenoke swamp. Biggest gators I ever saw there and we lived in Florida 30+ years. It is fun to rent a boat and wander around the swamp!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jeff and Tina...

You are close to the head waters of the Suwannee river...the Okeefenoke swamp. Biggest gators I ever saw there and we lived in Florida 30+ years. It is fun to rent a boat and wander around the swamp!

But don't go during gator breakfast, dinner or supper time. LOL

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

They're calling for 18"+ here in Charleston, SC on Saturday. Pulled in about an hour or two ago and when I asked the manager if it floods here all she would tell me is that "this is the Low Country". Got to our site and even now there's mud and standing water. No concrete and grass sites. That's enough for me.

We're gonna skip our week here and a week in Savannah, GA that we'd planned. Looks like we'll be spending tomorrow night with Tina & Jeff near Jacksonville, FL. Rather see them anyway! The weather guessers are saying that the farther south we go the rain really tails off. Jeri, we may see you and Terry yet in Pensacola!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

They're calling for 18"+ here in Charleston, SC on Saturday. Pulled in about an hour or two ago and when I asked the manager if it floods here all she would tell me is that "this is the Low Country". Got to our site and even now there's mud and standing water. No concrete and grass sites. That's enough for me.

We're gonna skip our week here and a week in Savannah, GA that we'd planned. Looks like we'll be spending tomorrow night with Tina & Jeff near Jacksonville, FL. Rather see them anyway! The weather guessers are saying that the farther south we go the rain really tails off. Jeri, we may see you and Terry yet in Pensacola!

My niece who lives in Charleston says the city has been having trouble with area flooding for the past 10 days. They are getting ready to evacuate as soon as they know what direction to go. My Great Grand Niece in Columbia says they have been having very heavy rains and they have been letting water out of the Resevoir (Lake Murray) as fast as they can to prepare for the storm. She lives in a developement at the lake but is about 4 blocks from the water on a small hill.

I got the bed in the Navion remade with fresh linen this morning and did a bit of cleaning in the Hornet. Then loose fried and refroze 2 lbs of Hamburger. Shucks now I don't have an excuse to eat out. Then got the mess I made doing that cleaned up. Other than go to the office and pay my electric bill, I'm done for the day.

Jeri does this storm bring back memories of a couple of years ago. I hope those folks headed for Florida have an inflatable boat and life jackets on hand. Ain't I nasty bringing up that at this time. I'll give them something to worry about.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jeri does this storm bring back memories of a couple of years ago. I hope those folks headed for Florida have an inflatable boat and life jackets on hand. Ain't I nasty bringing up that at this time. I'll give them something to worry about.

We're getting outta here and heading for Texas!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

No rain up here in Idaho! We've still got a few fires to put out, so we could use some! Last night there was a fire on the ridge east of us, but we are in town with not too many trees so that's good.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Linda, I was too busy trying to watch the road (what little of it was there) to see Dave's brothers waving.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

That is true. We discovered that the northwest corner of Florida can be pretty nice most of the time but come mid-December, it can get might wet.

We had hoped to be back in Pensacola Sunday or Monday but now are waiting to see if that's even possible. Our route had has going through Charlotte. That's the problem and not Pensacola.

Roger -- Smart move. Get down to Jacksonville. You should miss most of it.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well we hope all you people on the East Coast stay as dry as possible. But we know you all know you are mobile and have no reason or excuse to stay in harms way of something so well announced.

Been dry and warm here in Zion National Park for our weeks stay. We will be lifting our jacks and making another move tomorrow, still in Utah but getting close to dropping into Arizona.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

That is true. We discovered that the northwest corner of Florida can be pretty nice most of the time but come mid-December, it can get might wet.

We had hoped to be back in Pensacola Sunday or Monday but now are waiting to see if that's even possible. Our route had has going through Charlotte. That's the problem and not Pensacola.

Roger -- Smart move. Get down to Jacksonville. You should miss most of it.

We're treading water here till the a.m. and then we're paddling out ASAP. As Bill Murray said in that epic movie Caddyshack: "I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite awhile."!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Yeah, Jeri, I seem to remember you could fish out your front door back then!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Just rolled into a CG near Woodbine, GA. It's just north of JAX and out of the rain zone. Glad we left this a.m. cuz I was standing in water past my ankles when I unplugged my electric. A bit unnerving! No rain but, the ground was totally saturated. It quit raining a bit after 10 last night and the real deluge is supposed to start at mid day today and continue till later on Sunday. Charleston already was practically shut down from flooding even before this stuff hit.

Gonna toast our good fortune with Tina & Jeff shortly!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Roger; Glad to see your high and dry. Those storms are not the type of excitement I care to partake in. And very glad your didn't light up like a Christmas tree pulling the electric plug in Charleston.

I haven't done much yet today except dump the tanks on the Navion. I also made a trip to town to deposit a couple dividend checks which was a very good excuse to stop at Ihop for a waffle for breakfast. The gal that wants my little trailer just stopped by and gave me $100 to hold the little trailer until she can get off work long enough to go to DMV and transfer it to her name. I'm glad to get it out of my responsibility. Now I don't have to worry about another wind storm picking it up and denting the rig beside it like it did in August. I should have used it to sneak up on Steve an steal the ice cream machine. I forgot about that when I was up in the TX panhandle just a few miles from the OK border.

Glad we left this a.m. cuz I was standing in water past my ankles when I unplugged my electric. A bit unnerving!

Gonna toast our good fortune with Tina & Jeff shortly!

Just need to let you guys know about how things were the last time Jeri went to Florida for the winter.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I remember that well. That's because we were north of Tampa in mid-December . We didn't move south fast enough. This ended up being crisis day. Everything has gone wrong. I think that's always planned just before moving day. It keeps us on our toes.

Im sitting in the car waiting for Terry to finish with his last doctor appointment of 2015 .. we hope .. and reading the forum. I was a little jealous to read that the Rempe and Cox kids were getting together and we still aren't in Florida yet.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I was standing in water past my ankles when I unplugged my electric.

One reason why I like Crocs. Insulation from the ground and not caring if they get wet since they dry so easily.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

well it has rained all day here south of Raleigh NC and is expected to do so for another 12 hours or so... we are in a good spot to wait it out. Hell we couldn't run because I don't like to drive more than 175 miles a day. So we just stayed put...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

Just need to let you guys know about how things were the last time Jeri went to Florida for the winter.

Joe

That looks pretty deep Joe! I'm sure it's at least that high now from where we left. Very grateful to have dodged that bullet. Calling for sunshine here today and going to the local Rock Shrimp Fest with "the Cox Kids"...life is good!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

well it has rained all day here south of Raleigh NC and is expected to do so for another 12 hours or so... we are in a good spot to wait it out. Hell we couldn't run because I don't like to drive more than 175 miles a day. So we just stayed put...

We only had to drive about 185 miles to get out of the flooding and Charleston, SC. John. Lynn and I were thinking about you two being stuck farther north. Hoping that you're on high ground and we'll continue to send good thoughts your way for a break. Keep us posted!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

That looks pretty deep Joe! I'm sure it's at least that high now from where we left. Very grateful to have dodged that bullet. Calling for sunshine here today and going to the local Rock Shrimp Fest with "the Cox Kids"...life is good!

Deep it was, almost Belly deep on my Springer Spaniel. The whole campground was that way, with some high spots under the RV's. However there were a few SKP's around to help keep the mood elevated with "Cranberry Juice", etc. If I remember right, Jim and Sandie, Lynda Sand, Jeri and Teri, and another couple from Texas who's names escape me right now. That was the Winter from HE!! as far as weather went. Later in Yuma I sat through a little rain storm that dumped 2 inches of rain in less than 24 hours and flooded the Park I was in. :wacko: But it all started with meeting Jeri and Terry in FLORIDA. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

But it all started with meeting Jeri and Terry in FLORIDA. :ph34r:

Joe

Yes and you're still talking to us and planning to get together again ... in Florida. However, this time it'll be farther south and around Thanksgiving time. Look at the memories we made and how many times you've been able to tell that story and show that picture!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Yes, it was the couple from Texas, Lee & MaryJane, that persuaded us all this was a good place to go. My Dave got a bad head cold while we were there, too, so we had a good excuse to stay inside a lot. I think we left about the time the rest of you arrived, though. Mexico Beach--trying to make its own beach right outside our doors.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van