The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Another one of Peyton's classic choke jobs in the playoffs. He will be known as the worst playoff quarterback to be in the Hall of Fame. Congrats to the winners this weekend.

It's raining in Yuma.

Jeff

PS I hope Peyton calls it a career and retires.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I guess the best horse one and the Colts will take on my New England Patriots next week. So if I disappear while at Q next Sunday you'll all know where to find me.

:)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well, I guess the best horse one and the Colts will take on my New England Patriots next week. So if I disappear while at Q next Sunday you'll all know where to find me.

:)

Sue, we'll be doin' the same...GO PACK!

Another one of Peyton's classic choke jobs in the playoffs. He will be known as the worst playoff quarterback to be in the Hall of Fame. Congrats to the winners this weekend.

It's raining in Yuma.

Jeff

Jeff, take deep breaths...in, out, in, out...that's what I have to tell Lynn...while watchin' the Pack! :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Jeff, take deep breaths...in, out, in, out...that's what I have to tell Lynn...while watchin' the Pack! :D

Roger

Roger, I've watched Manning his whole career and he's usually not good in the playoffs. Someone posted elsewhere that he has 9 one game and out in the playoffs. Most in league history. Second place has 4 losses.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Roger, I've watched Manning his whole career and he's usually not good in the playoffs. Someone posted elsewhere that he has 9 one game and out in the playoffs. Most in league history. Second place has 4 losses.

I feel your pain Jeff but, he's gotten his teams into the play offs many, many times to get that record...even won a Super Bowl. There can only be one successful team that finishes the season with a win. Lots of fans (bears) would trade places with ya bro! That being said, good luck drafting his replacement this year! :unsure:

BTW...are you still at Ogilby? We'll be heading to Q on Tuesday and hoping to meet up with you and Tina!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I feel your pain Jeff but, he's gotten his teams into the play offs many, many times to get that record...even won a Super Bowl. There can only be one successful team that finishes the season with a win. Lots of fans (bears) would trade places with ya bro! That being said, good luck drafting his replacement this year! :unsure:

BTW...are you still at Ogilby? We'll be heading to Q on Tuesday and hoping to meet up with you and Tina!

Roger

They already have his replacement. Brock Osweiler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Osweiler

We are going to Q today if we can get out of here. Very wet and muddy.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

They already have his replacement. Brock Osweiler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Osweiler

We are going to Q today if we can get out of here. Very wet and muddy.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Maybe you can get your old boy Cutler back as the back up. Hope not cuz we need him with da bears!

Let us know where you end up...I can see that you need some consulling over a few cranberry juices!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Hey Jeff,

I watched Manning get beat in his first career start. Was against the HAWKS in the old Kingdome. Even then it was obvious that if you put any pressure on him he would fold. So when he gets to the playoffs and has to face a team with good defense, down he goes.

Now next week is really, REALLY going to be tough for me. My 2 favorite teams are playing each other for a chance at the big dance. Been a Packer Backer since I started following Football and am a Stockholder in the team. BUT I'm also a HAWKS fan, and the game is gonna be in 12th Man territory.

So guess I'll wear one of my Hawks shirts and have my Favre Jersey handy to put on over it when Green Bay has the ball. :ph34r:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

You need one of those "Eat at Joe's" signs to put over your head and have one side packers and one Hawks!! You've probably got a few of those laying around. :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey Jeff,

I watched Manning get beat in his first career start. Was against the HAWKS in the old Kingdome. Even then it was obvious that if you put any pressure on him he would fold. So when he gets to the playoffs and has to face a team with good defense, down he goes.

Now next week is really, REALLY going to be tough for me. My 2 favorite teams are playing each other for a chance at the big dance. Been a Packer Backer since I started following Football and am a Stockholder in the team. BUT I'm also a HAWKS fan, and the game is gonna be in 12th Man territory.

So guess I'll wear one of my Hawks shirts and have my Favre Jersey handy to put on over it when Green Bay has the ball. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe, my fellow owner, stick with your first love and follow the money! You're a stock holder... even though we're both holding "worthless paper" it still looks great framed on my bathroom wall. Please, no references to that you Packer haters...LOL! Either way, it looks like you'll be a winner and have a team in the big show!

Jeff, I've been giving this some further investigation and thought and I'm afraid you may be right. Ol' father time has body slammed Manning. You can't beat that guy it happens to the best of us! Looked up that Osweiler guy. He has sat at Payton's knee for the past three years and like Rodger's and Favre it's perhaps time to hand the keys over to the kid.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I've been running around all day long getting ready to pull out for Q. This morning I took a Cowgirl friend to the Chiropractor then to the Post Office then to Wally World to get her groceries and get me 4 lbs of hamburger. She'll cook it up for me this afternoon and I'll go get it tomorrow while I'm out getting the truck fueled. Then this afternoon I went back to Wally World to get my frig stocked up again to the tune of $134. plus WW didn't have all the things I needed so I had to spend $45 at Pepper's and $10 at Dollar Tree. I think I'll give up eating. Now that I have it all put away I'm sitting here wondering where I'm going to find room in the freezer for all that hamburger in the morning. I guess I'll have to eat a 10 lb breakfast to make room.

Stanley our Moderator sent me a heads up on the Lovejoy comet. I sent a message back asking him to post it because that's what I'm trying to do is get people to post anything interesting that will get others to read our forum pages. Evidently he is either to busy trying to read all the post or feels it may be inappropriate for him to post it as a monitor. So I'll do it for him. Thanks for the input Stanley.

Stanley P. Miller said:

you might want to post about this one, it sounds interesting

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/01/10/comet_lovejoys_green_glow/

Lovejoy, named after the Australian amateur astronomer Terry Lovejoy (who has five comets to his name), crosses the celestial equator on Saturday night, meaning it can best be seen from the Northern hemisphere. It's about 70,200,000 kilometers (43,600,000 miles) away at the moment and gets its greenish glow from diatomic carbon gas fluorescing in the sun's light.

The comet is still falling towards Sol at present and will reach its closest point to our neighborhood star (the perihelion) on January 30 before heading out into space again. After that closish encounter it will gradually grow dimmer and be lost.

Comet C/2014 Q2 is a very rare visitor – the last time it was in our neck of the woods was 11,000 years ago and it won't be back for another 8,000 after interacting with the gravity of objects in the Solar System which have tweaked its orbit slightly.

The comet can be found just beyond the belt of Orion, and is now in the constellation Taurus. It should be visible to the naked eye, but star fans get a much better view of it with a telescope or good pair of binoculars

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Me again. I had read an article in my Astronomy magazine last month about Lovejoy but because we don't seem to be getting any holes in this cloud bank to look through I'd forgot about informing the rest of you. If you have clear DARK skies find the Pleiades (that's the little open star cluster that a lot of folks think is the little dipper. It ain't) Then drop down a little ways and find Taurus the bull and draw an imaginary line between them (Taurus looks like a fat V on it side. One of the sides of the V has a bright star in it (Aldebaran). Draw a line from the side WITHOUT Aldebaran through the point of the V at 90* toward the south about the same distance as the line between Pleiades to Taurus the comet is just a whisker above the end of that line. That's why I think everyone should have a planisphere and learn the constellations. According to the latest news the comet is at Mag 4 brightness right now. That should be within the range of most of your eyes without magnification unless your an old man like me. The pupil of your eye will not open as wide as you get older. I can just verily see mag 4 objects. With the unaided eye the comet would probably look like a fuzzy star without a tail because the tail would be too faint to see but a good pair of binos or a small scope should bring out the tail too. I'll let this take the place of the TID BIT tonight cause I'm tired and don't feel like composing another article. I'd probably go to sleep reading to verify my facts anyway. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I had to reboot my computer then everything started working fine so we don't need this post either. So I'll tell a dirty joke. A little boy fell in the mud. How's that.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Correction:

I went outside with my binos and luckily there was a hole in the clouds just in the right place to see Lovejoy for about 5 seconds. Instead of forming a right angle from Taurus it's a little farther along than I guessed. It forms an equilateral triangle with Pleiades and Taurus. It will probably be closer to the Pleiades by tomorrow night and make the angle a little lopsided. PS Jupiter is getting high enough in the eastern sky (at 8:30 pm) to make it an interesting target now. Taurus and Pleiades are just a little south and east of the Zenith (the point directly overhead.) at 8:30 PM and will move farther west by 1 degree each night at 8:30.

Edited by IYQ

The time is getting short and folks are getting ready to congregate at Q! Don't forget even though we have folks volunteering to sponsor some of our fun functions that everyone should chip in for something -- even the newbies. So far we have a few special events ..... Margarita Night, Italian Night and Campfire Morning Mimosas. The Italian food volunteers thought it would help if they could get a couple folks to cook a few extra batches of angel hair pasta and others who might bring salads or garlic bread.

We also have folks bringing wood. We certainly appreciate that. Over the years we've found it difficult at times to get wood at Q. I'm sure we're all willing to chip in for the cost of it.

Last year we had another fun event ---- the grab table. So, if you have items you don't want and others might, be prepared to clean out your rig and recycle those unwanted items.

Okay ... so what am I forgetting? Ah yes ... who is going to be first picking our site and sending out GPS coordinates?

And,go SEAHAWKS.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, we won't be there first because we have to come back down to Yuma. Jim needed a whole lot more dental work then we had planned for. So we'll head for Blythe tomorrow for the bluegrass festival and then come back down here before we head up to Q. So be sure to save us a spot.

Toni fed us a fantastic dinner last night after spending many hours at the dentist in Mexico.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

It's raining in Yuma.

Jeff

Jeff,

Well instead of Manning being gone, the Donkeys head office decided it was the COACH'S fault so Fox is gone. Of course you know Elway was not ever gonna admit that his hand picked quarterback has problems. As Jeff Dunham's Walter would say, DUMBA$$.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well, I’m all fueled up and both LP tanks are full. Tomorrow I’ll dump and fill the Fresh water tank hook up and sit back and relax until Thursday morning and hit the road. I’ll be stopping in Bowie AZ first to pick up some Pecan Wine. It really does taste like pecans. Bowie is the only place I know that you can buy it. I’ve heard that it is made here in Deming at the LeClair Winery for the winery in Bowie but can’t find any proof of that. Anyway it will feel great to be underway again.

TID BITS:

The 4 largest moon of Jupiter were discovered by Galileo when the telescope was invented. Galileo didn’t invent the telescope. Three other lens makers filed for a patient for the telescope about at the same time. Galileo just made some improvements on the first one that was published and was the first to turn it toward the sky. He discovered the 4 large moons of Jupiter which gave support for the idea that the earth wasn’t the center of the universe. This made the church angry and they convicted him of heresy and put him in jail during the trial. With a plea bargain he got out of Jail but it took the church 300 years to admit he was right and clear him of the charges. Fortunately he kept on with his work until he died. Today the 4 large moons are still referred to as the Galilean moons. Listed in the order from nearest the planet to farthest they are: Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto. Io pronounced eye-oh orbits Jupiter 262000 miles from the planet. It has a diameter of 1942 miles which is just a little larger than our moon. Io is subjected to strong gravitational forces from Jupiter on one side and from Europa on the other side. This flexes the planet’s surface causing heat which keeps Io’s center molten. There are more than 80 active volcanoes and 300 active vents on Io. This continually renews the surface erasing the craters that were made from impacts by asteroids. The areas around the volcanoes are covered with sulfur dioxide snow caused by sulfur dioxide escaping through cracks in the crust around and from the volcanoes.

It's a horrible day today. Cold, drizzle. Wind, and not a chance for the sun to peak in at us. At 7 AM it was 40 degrees now at 10:20 AM it's dropped down to 36 degrees. I think I'll just give up on getting the trailer ready to leave in the morning. I did take my trash to the dumpster and darn near froze to death with this 100% humidity and drizzling rain. It chills you to the bone.

Julie, if I do happen to get my tanks dumped and get hooked up I'll be heading that way in the morning. If i do get started I'll keep on driving until it gets warm and I see the sun.

Fog! 10:40 AM ... made me wonder if Mike moved us to the east coast while I was sleeping. Nope still in Tucson.

Glad we are not moving today... you are right Lee not a good day to finish up outdoor chores.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

If any of you are in Q this weekend, you might want to visit Havasu for the Balloon Festival. They expect over 80 balloons. It runs Fri., Sat, Sunday, although Sunday sometimes is a little light as people start to move out. It's on the Island, so you get to cross the London Bridge. Havasu is about 1 1/2 hours drive from Q.

2005 F-250 6.0 Liter Diesel

2007 Coachmen Wyoming 325 RLTS

2 Shih Tzu's - Squirt (Mom), BeBe (Baby)