The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I finally got my little trailer back. I haven't had a chance to look it over yet. It was dark by the time I got it home. But, what I saw while at the shop looked like every thing was done according to my instructions. Now I have to start equipping it. I'm in no hurry for that cause to hurry means getting a lot of crap you don't need and will probably never use. I'll start out with bedding, a frying pan and a pot to make soup and spaghetti in. Use paper dishes and a small tea kettle. Then camp in it right here in the park a couple days and everything I run over an get out of my big trailer, I'll buy a replacement for. I don't think I have time to camp up in City of Rocks with my scope so will just leave it winterized till I get back from Q. I need new towels and that sort of stuff for the big trailer any way. I'm going to be one busy boy trying to get my big trailer Ready for Q and the little one equipped for star gazing all in the next two weeks.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love all the chatter/planning!

We Look foreward to seeing everyone in Q

We just arrived at Justins rv park near Tucson ..... Mike was talking to across the road neighbors & turns out Pam & Red started full timing this year! Then we discovered this is the couple Paul & Sue met in Alaska. Paul & Sue had invited them to join the group in Q! We just repeated the invite ...so add Pam & Red to the list.

They do plan to join us in Q.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Love all the chatter/planning!

We Look foreward to seeing everyone in Q

We just arrived at Justins rv park near Tucson ..... Mike was talking to across the road neighbors & turns out Pam & Red started full timing this year! Then we discovered this is the couple Paul & Sue met in Alaska. Paul & Sue had invited them to join the group in Q! We just repeated the invite ...so add Pam & Red to the list.

They do plan to join us in Q.

It was SO funny to get an email from Pam this morning with a picture of Mike!

I had even told Mike and Julie about Pam and Red. Small world!

As previously mentioned, The Swains and the Porters will be hosting a second Annual Margarita Night, complete with quesadillas so no one gets too drunk, lol. We'll figure out what night would be a good one once we get into town. We should be there around the 16-17th.

Meantime we stopped in Yuma long enough to have dinner with Carol and Steve, and they even took us over to Mexico for lunch today!

Tomorrow we move on to Desert Hot Springs.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I'm outside getting things ready for today's move and talking to the neighbor. This short lady comes walking up it's Julie. She and Mike are next door in the neighboring rv park. Wow what a surprise. Did a little catching up will do more later.

Lots of pins out here in the desert. Can't help but run into classmates. Q should be crazy. :D

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

It definitely is a class-less class -

Roger and Lynn, Sue and Paul, Ron and Linda, Mike and Julie, Steve and Carol, Dave and Nancy, IYQ, Paul and Marsha, Toni and Doug, Jim and Sandie, Tom and Dianne, Jeff and Tina, Terry and Jeri, Dave and Diane, Kathleen and Mike, Deborah and Keith., DENISE, Eric and Karla, Pam and Red.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Wow, what a collection of vagabonds! Can't wait to see everyone! Had a great two days visiting with Paul and Sue who dropped in on their way through. We had a few margaritas a nice dinner and talked about everyone. I don't think we left anyone out. :rolleyes: Yesterday we went to Mexico for lunch and picked up a few trinkets on the way. They fixed my glasses too for $2 so it was not a bad deal. This time coming back through customs was pretty quick as the big influx of tourists are not here yet. Waved goodby to P & S this morning and will see them again in Q. What a family! :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sounds like quite the party. However I'm kinda stuck up here in the PNW for a while yet so will miss it again this year. However since I'm stuck here at the ol Homestead I decided to put up some decorations for the Holiday. Managed to get a picture last night in between rain storms. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

As previously mentioned, The Swains and the Porters will be hosting a second Annual Margarita Night, complete with quesadillas so no one gets too drunk, lol. We'll figure out what night would be a good one once we get into town. We should be there around the 16-17th.

----------------

We also have always had an an Italian night with spaghetti. So lets figure when these two nights will be and get them on the calendar!!

The problem is the famous drink of Italy is limoncello. Any volunteers to go to Italy and get it

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

---------

We also have always had an Italian night with spaghetti. So lets figure when these two nights will be and get them on the calendar!!

The problem is the famous drink of Italy is limoncello. Any volunteers to go to Italy and get it

Lemoncello is the 2nd most popular. Compari is more popular however in the holiday season Asti Spumante beats them both out. It's a sparkling wine with a low alcohol content. They drink it like champaign. Don't you hate nitpickers. :)

I've been working on my little trailer all day. I found a few things that were missed at the RV Shop. I'll take it back and get them done after Chtistmas. I think Jimmy just forgot in the last minute rush to get it out. It looks like I'll have to take the truck to Las Cruces to get the oil leak fixed. The Chevy dealer here in Deming is about the worse I've ever gone to. I swore I'd never go there again. It's not very big and he has multiple dealerships. The Chrysler line, a bunch Japanese cars and all the GM line and don't do any of them justice. I'm going to have to stop playing with the little trailer and get my big one ready for the trip to Q. I'm running out of time and energy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, yes by all means bring the big trailer. You know it and everything on it works. We'll help you with it once you get there, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure and keep the cranberry juice tank full. :rolleyes:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We made the trip north to Phoenix. Between Casa Grande and Phoenix we were in 2 traffic jams. The first one was a couple miles long, Just got back up to speed and had to slow again. Stop and go. This one was at least 7 miles long. Arrived at our destination in time to say "Hi" to Jeri and Terry. They were heading out to the PNW for Christmas with family. We'll see them when they get back.

We are having Christmas with our oldest daughter here in Phoenix but on the road again on 12/28. Heading toward Yuma.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

----------------

We also have always had an an Italian night with spaghetti. So lets figure when these two nights will be and get them on the calendar!!

red wine will work for me... as mentioned Porter/Swain will provide the goodies for Margarita night, anyone want to take on spaghetti night? If we divide this up no one has to bring/ cook everything, any other group nights? Maybe a pot luck or appetizer night? Dog & beans on the fire night? I would vote yes for a dessert night, lol

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

We will go to Italy, get the fixings and make some Chateaugay spaghetti for Italian night. Ok, where did I put those big pontoons??

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sounds like quite the party. However I'm kinda stuck up here in the PNW for a while yet so will miss it again this year. However since I'm stuck here at the ol Homestead I decided to put up some decorations for the Holiday. Managed to get a picture last night in between rain storms. :ph34r:

Joeattachicon.gifChristmas Decorations.jpg

That's great Joe. Love it!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Things are beginning to wind down here in southern texas and we'll be loadin' up and heading for Q. What dates should I work with so we can meet up with everyone? I've got to spend a couple of days in Del Rio and then mosey on that way. As we get closer, I'll get some coordinates from ya'll. All I know now is Plamosa Rd. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I need to pick some minds so as to learn more tricks of the full-time life style. Count me in on helping Lee with anything setting up his trailer! Ron

I'll supply the appetite and thirst for all those goodie the rest of you are bringing. :) I spent most of the morning at Wally World trying to find all the things I need to put the finishing touches on the little trailer. Then when I got back to the ranch I started installing all the stuff i bought. One problem I run across is there is no place in the bath room to install a TP holder. The only good thing about the bath room is that the walls are so close together that you don't have to worry about not getting centered over the pot before you sit down. I bought one of those free standing TP holders thinking I could just stand it in a corner of the wet bath shower which I'll never use. Wrong again there is hardly enough room for my knees without the holder. Maybe I should hang it from the ceiling or stick it on the shower head holder. Maybe I can tie a rope to the ends of a piece of broom handle threaded through the roll and carry it in there around my neck. I think maybe I'll just eat a lot of cheese before I go camping in it or fertilize the bushes.

Oh. For all you star gazers. There is an exceptionally bright Iridium flare tomorrow night. It will flare just off the point of Perseus at magnitude -8.3. The center of the flare will be at 18:35 Deming time so you guys in southern AZ will have to add from 8 to about 15 minutes to that. Because of the angle of the rays from the sun bouncing off the antenna or solar panels back to the ground won't cause the flare to be visible over a very large area I'd advise checking it out on www.heavens-above.com first to make sure it will be visible in your area. The next meteor shower is the Quadrantids visible most of the night on January 3rd

Oh. For all you star gazers. There is an exceptionally bright Iridium flare tomorrow night. It will flare just off the point of Perseus at magnitude -8.3. The center of the flare will be at 18:35 Deming time so you guys in southern AZ will have to add from 8 to about 15 minutes to that. Because of the angle of the rays from the sun bouncing off the antenna or solar panels back to the ground won't cause the flare to be visible over a very large area I'd advise checking it out on www.heavens-above.com first to make sure it will be visible in your area. The next meteor shower is the Quadrantids visible most of the night on January 3rd

Thanks for the info Lee. Don't think I've ever seen an iridium flare and will look for it this evening. Should I be looking in the NE sky? Also, liked the web site link!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Just adding this again so folks can mark their calendars in ink.

The date was about January 21st to about January 26th as the center of the event. I'm sure some folks will be there earlier and others will be there later. First one who arrives sets the exact location and needs to send out GPS coordinates. During that time will be the annual Italian food night and the annual Mexican Margarita night. Swains and Porters are hosting the Mexican event. Steve has volunteered with spaghetti. Since we don't know about the Lavins yet, any other great spaghetti cooks? Then, of course, Italians drink wine. I'm sure there's not going to be any shortage of Italian wine so doubt we need volunteers there. Other than those two MAJOR dates, I would suggest we leave the others for impromptu events. Just a thought ....

Anyone bring white elephant giveaways for the table again? I'm sure we can dig up stuff.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I'll supply the appetite and thirst for all those goodie the rest of you are bringing. :) I spent most of the morning at Wally World trying to find all the things I need to put the finishing touches on the little trailer. Then when I got back to the ranch I started installing all the stuff i bought. One problem I run across is there is no place in the bath room to install a TP holder. The only good thing about the bath room is that the walls are so close together that you don't have to worry about not getting centered over the pot before you sit down. I bought one of those free standing TP holders thinking I could just stand it in a corner of the wet bath shower which I'll never use. Wrong again there is hardly enough room for my knees without the holder. Maybe I should hang it from the ceiling or stick it on the shower head holder. Maybe I can tie a rope to the ends of a piece of broom handle threaded through the roll and carry it in there around my neck. I think maybe I'll just eat a lot of cheese before I go camping in it or fertilize the bushes.

Ha, ha, ha, Lee. You're the best.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png